Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
surreylane
Havertown, PA

June 11, 2006
12:56 PM

Post #2377231

I have two false indigo plants that have flowered beautifully for about 4 or five years. This year the plants barely flowered. Does anyone have any ideas as to why and what I should do?

We're in Southeastern PA

Thank you...
Penn_Pete
Glen Rock, PA

June 13, 2006
4:52 AM

Post #2384610

Hi surreylane. If you mean the shrub Amorpha fruticosa, I have the wild type and they are just past full bloom. My assumption has always been that they like damp almost full sun condition. If this is your plant, has there been a change to their lighting? That is a common cause of lack of flowers. (Purple orange does go together doesn't it!) If they suffered from drought last August, that can also cut down on the bloom. Is there a tree nearby that has now grown so that the shade is more pervasive? Keeping them pruned also encourages more new growth. If the shrubs have matured and gotten leggy, reducing their height might stimulate new branching. If you mean the perrennial plant that is a Baptisia, I can't help. This is the plant I have.
http://www.naturehills.com/new/product/shrubs_productdetails.aspx?proname=Indigo Bush-False Indigo

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-Atlantic Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening forum Terry 51 Jan 6, 2009 12:54 AM
Happy Hollow trip in MD who's in??? magoobu 48 Apr 26, 2007 12:41 PM
rocks??? nikki_conway 68 Jan 18, 2011 6:26 PM
Liriope - evergreen here? pennefeather 18 Aug 2, 2010 6:18 AM
Pineapple sage recipe to share. ladygardener1 18 Nov 5, 2010 4:03 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America