Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Ferns, Fungi and Mosses: Need advice about repotting a rabbits foot fern

Communities > Forums > Ferns, Fungi and Mosses
bookmark
Forum: Ferns, Fungi and MossesReplies: 0, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
handbright
Coral Springs, FL
(Zone 10b)

June 11, 2006
1:37 PM

Post #2377353

I know that I'm going to have to bite the bullet and repot this fern. I have read many different ideas about how to do it, one made me go pale, the one about cutting the center out of the fern in one big ice cream cone shape, and then filling in the hole with soil. The fern is about 2 feet from top to bottom and is a perfect ball. It's in one of those plastic hanging baskets that come home from the store, and is about three years old. I have also read that I can take some of these "feet" that have engulfed the pot and root new plants from them, too. I don't know which one to do! Has anyone ever done this? One source told me to wait until December...
Any advice is appreciated.
Amy
P.S. I'm sorry I cant post pictures(yet), but I will finally have a camera in two weeks...

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Ferns, Fungi and Mosses Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Let's Talk Fungi and Such Weezingreens 203 Jun 12, 2007 7:52 PM
Welcome to Ferns! Terry 47 Jul 13, 2011 10:40 AM
My favorite Fern rcn48 33 Aug 19, 2008 11:56 PM
Osmunda cinnamomea Brent_In_NoVa 11 Mar 28, 2007 7:41 PM
growing from spores hostajim1 47 Nov 19, 2011 5:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America