Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Healthy Living: I Just got a CPAP machine

Communities > Forums > Healthy Living
bookmark
Forum: Healthy LivingReplies: 32, Views: 242
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2006
1:03 PM

Post #2423504

I had a sleep study done last week, that showed I had severe sleep apnea. Yesterday I got my CPAP machine, I was excited, and anxious for bedtime to come so I could try it. I did spend most of the night during my sleep study with a CPAP machine on, so I knew what to expect, but I really didn't expect to wake up as much as I did last night. How long does it take to get used to sleeping with the mask on. It's not uncomfortable, just different. During the study I didn't have the humidity added, that seems like it will take some time to get adjusted right, everything inside the mask was wet. Is it really helpful to have the humidity feature turned on, it seems like it would be less annoying with it off?
Just interested in hearing others experiences, I'm really looking forward to days when I am not exhausted when I get up in the morning!!
Deb

This thread has 32 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Healthy Living Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Medicinal Herbs Patty 26 Oct 15, 2007 9:45 PM
Pill #3 flowox 5 Nov 10, 2007 9:48 PM
Fibromyalgia thread 2 Elena 72 Jan 18, 2010 5:31 PM
"DON'T PARTIALLY HYDROGENATE ME" darius 51 Feb 10, 2008 4:03 AM
Flax Seed, History and Newly Discovered Benefits! darius 76 May 30, 2010 7:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America