Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Home Repairs and Maintenance: Concrete Patch Repair

Communities > Forums > Home Repairs and Maintenance
bookmark
Forum: Home Repairs and MaintenanceReplies: 7, Views: 79
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

July 2, 2006
6:08 AM

Post #2457277

If you have ever repaired a broken spot in a concrete drive or sidewalk would you please offer any do's and don'ts?

Also looking for a recommendation on a product to use. Thanks in advance!
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

January 17, 2007
4:21 AM

Post #3092116

Wow...all this time and still no solutions guys?
claypa
West Pottsgrove, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 18, 2007
2:31 AM

Post #3095398

I never saw it... do you have a picture? Or is it a crack, or a broken piece that needs replacing, or just a chunk broken out?
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

January 18, 2007
2:40 AM

Post #3095430

chunk broken @ end of drive near street. 2 year old home...poor concrete job initially done. i'm selling now but would love a solution for the future!
claypa
West Pottsgrove, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 18, 2007
3:05 AM

Post #3095519

If it's on an edge, I'd remove it and pour some new. When repairing concrete you usually use additives to get it to stick better. It's kind of hard to describe without seeing how big a piece it is, etc. Around here they'd make you fix it before you can sell the house, believe it or not, even the side walk. If you can post a picture I'm pretty sure I could tell you how to do it.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

January 18, 2007
3:11 AM

Post #3095537

thanks clay. yes, I imagine they are more particular in your fine state. here it's buyer beware...though it's the only flaw I've had a gripe about in my new place. unbelieveable they'd want YOU to fix the sidewalk though!? I suppose if you had planted the trees that uprooted the sidewalk maybe...

we're in a winter storm here...freezing rain so it'd be awhile before I venture outside...for pics or to fix it. =) it's a good sized chunk though...like the spread of your hand.
claypa
West Pottsgrove, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 18, 2007
4:08 AM

Post #3095673

It's the township ...even if a tree the town planted tears up the sidewalk, you have to fix it. Pretty weird, huh?
Good liuck with that storm
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

January 18, 2007
4:22 AM

Post #3095701

Wow they are strict where you are!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Repairs and Maintenance Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to Home Repairs & Maintenance Terry 17 Jul 14, 2011 1:42 AM
hiring help roxroe 16 Mar 27, 2007 9:04 AM
I hated trimming the grass along the fence jleec 15 Jun 6, 2011 6:47 AM
Hi! I'm new but have 2 questions Illoquin 7 Apr 5, 2007 6:48 PM
Eeek... mice! dreamingofeden 10 Mar 15, 2009 10:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America