Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Farm Life: July 2, 2006

Communities > Forums > Farm Life
bookmark
Forum: Farm LifeReplies: 2, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
KathyJo
Fayette, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 2, 2006
1:08 PM

Post #2457647

It seems like a good day to start a journal.. What do you all think?

First thing I did this morning was let the cows out to new pasture.. This always fascinates me. I set with coffee in hand to watch the goin's on.. My ol' girls have picked a new boss cow.. A hereford I like to call "Curly" .. She is by no means the biggest cow.. But the bossiest. She always starts bawling for everybody to come on... She also won't move on unless her calf is beside her.. I have such a mixture of breeds in my little herd.. The last boss cow was a hereford.. I had to sell her because of her age. We bought her as an old cow.. Hoping to get a couple of calves out of her.. So now I am wondering if no matter what a mixture of breeds we have if the herd matriach will always be a hereford.?

We have had two new calves the last week.. A heifer calved for the first time two days ago... She is going to be a good Mom.. and fusses over her tiny bull calf. This heifer's mother was the other cow that calved this week.. Which makes the older cow a Grandma ( I hope I worded this right to make sense ) cow..

Yesterday I picked a gallon of wild blackberries .. I need to D-mail Cuckoo4Blackberries and get his blackberry crisp recipe. I will try to pick more today and take to St. Louis for the 4th Holiday. One of my daughter's there is on Weight Watchers.. So I need to find something to make with less calories.. Just the unsweetened blackberries are wonderful though.

Dave719, I haven't heard anything from you since the Roundup.. How is business and did you ever get your goats?

Leaflady, I might not check Dave's before the 4th ... Would you please thank your husband for me being able to live in a free country?

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Farm Life Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
can chicken and rabbits get along? Minnie 6 Jul 8, 2009 12:56 AM
Let's meet the new folks MaryE 64 Aug 23, 2008 2:40 AM
Seasoning fresh bacon? Lana 3 Oct 27, 2007 7:05 AM
Help! Chickens Won't Initiate Egg Laying.... gidgrower 27 Apr 6, 2008 1:18 AM
This is a Great Forum!!!! JodyC 28 Jul 6, 2007 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America