Help needed quick please, Gatlinburg accomodations start 7/13

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, My Dh , me a very tired mommy of a 5.5 y.o and almost 2y.o are in desperate need of getting away for a long weekend. We hopefully are rid of paying two mortgages for over a year now, and after closing, we need to see some "different views". I found a hotel, and booked two adjoining rooms at the Quality Inn Creekside . I dont get anywhere to find reviews,they are so varied.
We need to get away from all the stress this has caused and regroup as a family and couple. We need reasonable , clean, and convenient. But I insist on clean, and dont want to feel like we were "cheated". Does anyone here have experience here or elswhere? We can still cancel if we have to... thanks,, this is supposed to be a stress reliever,,, I dont want to be dissapointed,,,Mary

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

You may have to be a Yahoo registered user to access this, but here are two reviews, posted within the last year: http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-372482-prod-hotel-action-read-ratings_and_reviews-i;_ylt=Ah6wJ4g2CegwNozlzL3q1DPiphQB

I've passed by this motel numerous times (we love Gatlinburg ;o) but we've never stayed there, so I can't offer a personal opinion. If you've never been to the area, I will suggest that you plan on a leisurely ride into town. It is very congested. You might want to stop for a "bio break" (you know, water in, water out, grab a snack while you're at it?) and gas stop in Knoxville, or just as you exit I-40 for the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. If you're relaxed and comfortable, the traffic won't seem nearly as interminable ;o) Also, arriving very early in the a.m. is best, if possible - inbound traffic is usually pretty minimal before 9 or 10 a.m.)

Also, pack walking shoes - you will want to stroll rather than drive for most of your shopping and tourist excursions in Gatlinburg. Plus if you're into hiking or nature trails, they abound in the adjacent park.

I hope you have a great getaway!!!!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

thank you Terry! I was able to access those reviews and they are good! those are all good suggestions, I did know that it is congested. I believe the Chamber of commerce site suggests some alternate routes into town so I might look into those as well. We are really looking forward to a getaway. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! Mary

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Be sure to visit the aquarium.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

thanks woodspirit1, we do have an aquarium here in Cincinnati, but maybe we should visit that one as well? Thanks for the suggestion! Mary

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

Isn't there trolley cars that pick up guests at different locations? I think they charge a quarter. Linda

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, now vacation is pushed back a week until the 19th,, and we still can get rooms at the Creekside, but we wont face the creek :( and no balcony, so I am wondering if we should book elsewhere. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I might just post over on the vacation forum as well, thanks again, and have a great weekend ahead, Mary

Central FL, FL(Zone 9b)

Of course, a creek view would be nice, but perhaps not having a balcony could be a plus with two little ones. :) You won't have to keep a constant eye out, so that might end up being more relaxing. My first husband's 2-yr. old nephew fell from a 2nd floor apt. balcony...landed on his feet...broke many foot and ankle bones. Ended up having surgery at the age of 10 because of improperly growing bones in his legs. My husband always says it's a good thing we never had kids! I'm such a worry wart! LOL Anyway, have a good vacation. Sounds as if you deserve one!

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

We always stay at the Econo Lodge Riverside. It is 5-6 years old . 865-428-1231. Reservations 1-800-632-6104. It runs along the river. Free breakfast and indoor pool. It is cheaper if you come in during the week. Weekends cost more.

They also had machines so that you can feed the ducks. I usually bring my own bread or corn.

I was with my mother and daughter. I did not want to do the driving so I parked my car and then used the trolly cars to go to the different sites.

It has been 3 years since we were there but I think it should be the same.

Linda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.