Happy Birthday Mary E

Prophetstown, IL(Zone 5a)

Hope your day is sunny and bright !

Thumbnail by jerseyridgearts
Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I know you will have a Happy Happy Birthday Mary!

southeast, NE

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!!!!!!!!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Happy, happy birthday friend!

Thumbnail by justmeLisa
Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday! All good things today.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday, Mary!!! Hope it's a lovely gardening/horseback riding day for you :~)

Lana

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday, Mary. Have a lovely day!

kathleen

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Thank you everyone! It was a sunny day, I rode, I watered the yard, went looking for kitchen curtains (will make my own this winter) and then my hubby took me out to dinner. Thanks for the flowers, and the butterfly. My kids called them flutterbys.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I sent my wishes on the Birthday forum early today, so a postscript here.
Happy Birthday!

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/625480/

Many more.
Bernie

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Darn. A day late!

Happy Belated Birthday to ya, Mary.

Sounds like it was pretty good to me! "hubby took me out to dinner"....but, but,...but...what didja order!? (I'm SO nosey, eh!?)

Shoe.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Happy Happy!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Shoe, we went to the famous Geiser Grand Hotel (restored a few years ago from neglect after a boom in the gold rush days). Wednesday nights they have a pasta special. It is set up like a buffet and you choose what you want (meat or fish, veggies, seasonings, sauce and cheese) and the chef follows on the opposite side of the table with a pan, puts in some of this and some of that as you choose, then the whole thing is cooked and brought to your table. Meanwhile, you go to the salad bar. I got a complimentary dessert which I brought home, blackberry/raspberry cobbler to which I added my own ice cream yesterday afternoon. We each brought home about half of our pasta dinner, so last night that was dinner and I only had to cook some vegies.

An interesting fact is that Clint Eastwood and the movie crew stayed in the hotel when they were filming Paint Your Wagon a few years before it closed. When we moved to the area about 13 years ago the hotel was closed, windows boarded up, an ugly building on main street. Somebody bought it and the restoration took several years. When Justmelisa and her family were here we had lunch there under the largest stained glass ceeling in the northwest. http://www.easy-finder.com/brochures/tinman/geiser.htm

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Just found this thread. Happy birthday. I think of you often.

The lovely iris you sent to me a few years ago bloomed this year. A lovely pale blue. Are they LA iris? They seem to need a LOT of water and the leaves are so tall and narrow that they can't be bearded. The blooms also looked like LAs.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hi EvaMae, I think they are Siberian. I'm glad they are doing well at your house.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow...that hotel looks like a real treat to visit, whether you eat there or not.

Thanks for the hyperlink...quite an amazing place!

Glad you had such a great birthday celebration!

shoe

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Happy Belated Birthday!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Thank you, everyone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images