Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Rock and Alpine Gardening: Dry creek drainage.

Communities > Forums > Rock and Alpine Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Rock and Alpine GardeningReplies: 3, Views: 71
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
crowellli
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 12, 2006
6:32 PM

Post #2497764

I don't know if I'm in the right place for this question or not. I've tried searching the forums, but haven't found any info, so here I am. I'm interested in seeing pics of any drainage projects anyone has done that look like a dry stone creek bed. I have a large corner lot and the back yard drains toward the front at one side of the house. This side then continues to drain toward the street. The problem is that it doesn't drain very quickly and during our torential Gulf Coast rains, I get water backed up into the yard and have boggy ground and floating mulch for days. I'm considering digging a drainage ditch and lining it with stone so it looks like a dry creek bed. If anyone here has done anything similar, I'd love to see pics. I know this won't be a cheap or easy task, so I'd like to make sure it will look O.K. before I kill my husband laboring to dig the ditch!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 17, 2006
11:24 AM

Post #2514612

I've seen pictures in garden magazines. Let me do a little search to see if I can
find it.

Have you tried Curb Appeal? That might be a good forum for this question.
Tam
crowellli
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2006
12:02 PM

Post #2514689

I am fairly new to DG's (about 3 weeks now) and I didn't even know we had a Curb Appeal category, but I'll sure take a look! Thanks for helping to steer me in the right direction and for checking your magazines.

Linda

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 18, 2006
12:01 AM

Post #2517185

Welcome LInda! There sure are a lot of forums. And they each have a bit of their own personalities.
Keep trying a number of them 'til you find ones that suit you. Its an amazing place - I hope you love
it as much as I do!
Tam

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Rock and Alpine Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
New hillside garden Tammy 88 Jul 27, 2010 6:54 AM
A arisaema sikokianum seedling Tammy 12 May 23, 2007 1:14 AM
Merry Christmas Galanthophile 40 Dec 29, 2007 6:21 PM
NARGS Seed Exchange! Tammy 67 Mar 13, 2007 7:08 AM
Hydrogen peroxide for germination taramark 6 Mar 5, 2007 10:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America