Take a look here please

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/625672/

I posted this in the greenhouse forum because the fans in the greenhouse I think are contributing to the problem with some of the pelargoniums.

Wondering if anybody here might feel the same?

kathy

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I know nothing about greenhouses, but I do know that high humidity is not a good situation. An old timer told me to keep my geraniums in clay pots to promote loss of moisture and that keeping geraniums dry will create stress in the plant and therefore, the plant will put out more flowers. You shouldn't water unless the top soil is absolutely dry. I think you need to do two things. First, amend your watering plan and second promote as much air movement as possible. Do the windows open at all? If they do, I'd open all of them. If not, maybe you need do do something more with the fans. Maybe what you have is not enough to deal with your high heat and humidity.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

All the windows are open, I am going to get that other high powered fan for the other end and see if that helps, and I will slow down on watering the geraniums, I appreciate your help, thanks a million

kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.