Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Passion Fruit

Bradenton, FL(Zone 9b)

I am growing purple passion fruit and it is growing to beat the band. It is flowering like mad but I have only had a couple of fruits… Any ideas. I have fertilized it with fruit tree fertilizer and also have tried bone meal but still not any fruit since May.

This is the first year I have grown Giant Granadilla and it also is growing great but no flowers… any ideas

Thanks

DW

Thumbnail by dwallace59
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Pinch the tips and slow down to a halt on the fertilizer. That should help you get more blooms(thus fruit) Ü

Merritt Island, FL

yeah, stop fertilizing. that causes the plant to think it should grow. fruit comes from flowers, which i've found can be helped by having the plant think it needs to reproduce (perhaps for its survival) if you slow down the food, it suffers a bit, but that leads to flowers.
the more flowers the better chance of pollination and fruit set.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I bet you have been getting blooms this fall on you granadilla. Have you?

Alan

Bradenton, FL(Zone 9b)

Kevino

When I posted this in July I was getting a lot of flowering but not any fruit set. About a month ago I started getting fruit set again.

Ashobert

I have been getting flowering through the summer but I still have not gotten any fruit set on the granadilla. I will have to start hand pollenating the flowers and see how that works

Dale

Houston, TX(Zone 10a)

are the butterflies not doing their job?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.