Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Brugmansias: Brugs from leaf

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 6, Views: 129
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 21, 2001
2:39 PM

Post #8960

Checked the Mcdanalds cups this morning and one of the leaves has white bumps on the bottom portion of the back side of leaf. I think it is rooting. Three cheers for the leaf. CHEER! CHEER!!! CHEER!!!!!!!!!!! Jim
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 21, 2001
2:46 PM

Post #97692

I've got some going too Jim, you're giving me hope!!
RA
Burlington, ON

July 21, 2001
4:27 PM

Post #97770

Oh boy, I better go check mine.

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 21, 2001
7:11 PM

Post #97840

I thought I read a thread that said it didn't work so I threw mine out.Please tell me how you are doing this.
Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 22, 2001
12:37 AM

Post #97998

I posted a photo showing a cutting and how to root from a stem. This is the first time that I have tried to just root the leaf without the stem and really don't know why if you could root from the stem why you would want to root just the leaf any way. I guess just to see if I could do it. I had much success in rooting the stems. I think there are certain species that won't root. That is the posting I remember. Sorry crestedchik that you lost yours. I root the stem By just putting the stem in water and I use Mcdonalds coffee cups. I have 14 rooting now. I think 3 are leaf and the others are stems. I have several of the stems that have started forming little white bumps on the stems indicating that they are about to send out roots. Jim

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 22, 2001
12:56 AM

Post #98012

Now I dont really understand.Are you talking about cuttings? or the leaf stem ? I know I can take a cutting and root it,but this leaf thing is what has me confused.Do you take a leaf off the plant and put it in water? Or are you taking a branch and rooting it?
Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 22, 2001
4:12 AM

Post #98112

I have a leaf with no stem that has the white bumps forming that the roots come from. I haven't tried to root the leaf before. This is my first attempt at the leaf. I have rooted stems that I removed from the bottom of the brug and rooted in water. Hope this is clear. Jim

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America