Beanblossom

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Looking for anyone who is researching the Beanblossom name and info on Samual P. Hay's book.

Audubon, PA(Zone 6b)

Don't know anything about the name except.... I LOVE it!!!!
Origin???

LarryD

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Came from the name Bonhemblust which is Swiss-German.

Audubon, PA(Zone 6b)

No wonder they changed it. ... (( NO disrespect intended)). I like Beanblossom much better.. DO WISH you luck in your quest...
I've been researching my families since 1955.... the job never ends.... sometimes frustrating, but also rewarding!!

Thanks very much for the reply!! At least I learned something from it.

LarryD

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Beanblossom came from the German-Swiss name Bonhemblust

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We have Beanblossoms in our lines....from Indiana. Mom has the info,as we don't have them in our direct line, so they're not in my book...but the Beanblossom/Faith lines have been mentioned in some of our old records.

I'll get her to either post here..(she's YoYo1 here at DG) or, I'll be back in a day or two with the info.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Ok, Mom does not have the Hays book at the house, but here is some info that will help.

Washington, Indiana around 1817
Harrison County ,IN.
(Washington may be in Harrison County..not sure)

Our lines..(the Faiths) came from PA down the Ohio River between 1775 and 1790..(brothers trekking at different times) Some settled in KY and others in IN.

Betty J. O'Dea , Loyce Margaret Smith Robbins, and Victor A. Young have all researched our Indiana lines...and we intermingle with Beanblossom folk quite a bit.

I would contact the Historical Society in Harrison Co.....they have a nice one, as President William Henry Harrison was from the area. You may get some leads that way..

Also, there's a line of acoustic instruments...guitars and mandolins that bear the Beanblossom name, but I'm not sure if there's any connection...(I think they are Asian made)

I'll dig a bit more and see if I can come up with anything else.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Thank you Melody!! I have loads of info on Beanblossom but have never come across any of your names. I taced them from Switzerland to Germany to South or North Carolina to Indiana to Ill. Then I go and get my great Grandfather's death certificate and it says that His parents Danial and Lucinda came from Germany so that shot everything out from under me right now. I do not know where to go. Every Beanblossom in the world they say is relation. I would like any info your mother has and try to share mine if mine is right or if you want any. Bev Oh! I have a nephew that lives in Benton. His name is Jerry Hall???

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Hall you say???? We're Halls.(Mom's maiden name)...don't know Jerry, but there's a pile of Halls here in the area...got a book on them too.

Mom and I will have to dig a bit...she used to have all of the research at her home, but when she downsized and moved to an apartment, most of it stayed with her older brother. He's pretty feeble (89) and gets out of sorts easily.

What year was your Gf death...what state and county? That may help, and we could tell you if our info connects with yours.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Do not tell me that you have Simpson & Pryor's in your family too or I will fall out of my chair.I would love to keep in touch even if we find no common ground family wise. i like disscusing all kinds of topics. I love DG. Just been on here four weeks so I do not know the ropes. Mabe you can help me if you do not mind to!!! BEV

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

No Simpsons, but we've got Pryors....

Robert Pryor b. 1666 in England.... to Glouchester Co, VA.
son Samuel Pryor b. ca 1698
son Samuel or John....(we're not sure)
son Luke b. ca. 1752
daughter Henrietta Pryor b. 1, Sept 1785..Amelia Co VA, m. ca. 1803 in Amelia Co, VA to Joseph Waltrip

This couple trekked to KY and raised their family.....we intermingle with the Waltrips at several points

I'd be glad to help you with the ropes here....been around here since there were only 300 or so members....and we just passed 250,000 this week.

Welcome!

Paducah, KY

Dragonfly -- Welcome to the ancestry hunt! My bro and I did quite a
lot of research on the Beanblossom line even tho they were collaterals
to our line,. I downsized when moving into an apartment, so have no
direct info. Melody gave you the references we used, and I hope this
helps you in your search. I will try to quiz my brother, but he gets
really disturbed and can't cope with much research any more. Will
try to find out just what files he has; but he has moved into an apartment
also, and had to downsize. YOYO1 Virginia

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

My dad worked with a man with that last name. Don't know much about him but I could ask.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Thank you hemlady! Welcome any info. BEV

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Well Bev, I couldn't get much out of my dad. He couldn't remember. All I know is that he worked with a John Beanblossom at American Standard Corp. Both John and his wife, of whose name my dad couldn't remember, are deceased. He believes that they were not originally from Michigan but from somewhere down south.

Cindy

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Edited because it posted twice :)

Kathy

This message was edited Oct 15, 2006 1:17 PM

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

I don't know if this will help....but Washington, IN is not in Harrison County, IN to the best of my knowledge. The county seat is Corydon, IN which was the first state capitol in Indiana. There are a lot of Beanblossoms in Harrison County and there is a very large funeral home in Corydon called Beanblossom (and some other name, I'll look it up for you) Funeral Home.

I live just over the river and 20 minutes down the road from Corydon.

Melody, you're related to everyone, just about :)

Kathy

Here's the info on the funeral home, maybe you could call them for some info:

Beanblossom-Cesar Funeral Home
maps.google.com
201 N Oak St
Corydon, IN
(812) 738-2116

Edited to say, Washington, IN is the county seat of Daviess County Indiana.

This message was edited Oct 15, 2006 1:25 PM

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the info Kathy. I am a Beanblossom and am trying to find out where our line splintered from and am having a hard time. Our line is just about over. There are only three boys to carry on but who knows. Thanks again to all, BEV

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.