Forum Name Change?

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Someone has suggested that the name of this forum be changed, so people know what's it about. Any opinions out there, one way or another?

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

What were they thinking it should be?

Just geraniums or something that most people would easily understand..

Lilburn, GA

yes, it is a good idea.

Maybe 'Geraniums, Pelargoniums, and Erodiums' a little bit more descriptive and precise and thusly might attract more posters....

There seems to be so much confusion between the nomenclature of 'Pelargoniums' and 'Geraniums' (even when it is explained).

I don't know how to address that...

Lilburn, GA

I like Tabasco's idea.

I'll give it a few days and if there are no objections, I'll submit a request to have the name changed to 'Geraniums, Pelargoniums, and Erodiums' .Thanks for the feedback.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Beaker - that is a good plan. :)

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I didn't have a problem knowing what the forum was about, but there may be some out there who don't make the connection.

It's just that some aren't familiar with the separate references to hardy (true) geraniums and pelargoniums (which of course is commonly known as 'geranium' but is in horticultuaral terms the 'pelargonium') and then when they are asking questions it isn't clear which one they are talking about. Not that specific terms in the title would clear it up.

Well, that isn't clear either! LOL

Lilburn, GA

LOL!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I agree, good idea.

Well, I posted a request over in the Dave's Garden thread last night. Is that the correct place?

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Looks good beaker, I checked it out. :) Dave may not see it till Mon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.