My new (old)car

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

My dh and I and the boyz took a ride to Ludington Michigan this past weekend to look at a car and guess what Its MINE
We are going to fix it up and paint it and it will be ALL mine! I will share it with the boys too!!

I only had to take my Dh 68SS twice to get him to get me my own LOL LOL

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

a few more shots of it!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

fron view

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

inside-wanted a 4spd but this way my boyz can drive it

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

back seat

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

this is with the old hood on-smoking!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

350motor then some pics of dh car!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Dh car he has had since high school

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

fron shot-i luv this color green

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

another

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

back side-only a few more

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

inside DH 68ss man this machine gets up and GOES! i luv her!
stick shifts are alot of FUN!!!!! and power well the power rocks

CAMARO'S RULE!

Thumbnail by notmartha
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I am sitting here DROOLING!!! I drive a truck and my family and friends want me to get a car. I keep telling them if I get a car I am gonna get a muscle car not a family sedan. That shuts them up and gets me dreaming!! LOL

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yes I love older muscle carz too! I polished it from head to toe inside and we changed the master brake thingy and have to retap out one valve screw and tonight i should be able to FLY without smoking up the neighborhood!! lol

Sounds like fun!! Luckily i can do that with my truck if i want!! It has enough power that when I get off work people move away from me til I am outta the way. Before the motor went out, I was driving a golf cart to get around from building to building. To go fast you had to floor it. The brakes also had to be floored to work decent. So going from that to a truck with super sensitive petals is lots of fun. lol. My dream muscle car is a Dodge Charger or The General Lee. Now that's a car!!!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I dont like Mopars! Im a chevy girl through and through! Last night we put a new air cleaner on and sealed up the leaky valve cover and "SHE" was running good and my DH took off in low and wound him out to 5000RPM's and then the worst sound you ever heard-a bunch of clunking and then a high spinning noise and poof the ride was over. We coasted into our friends and found the timming chain had came off and right through the cover. So now He is jacked up and waiting for parts. Tonight we will pull the oil pan off and drain the oil and get all the metal pieces out!! SIGH SIGH SIGH
Dh said it would have happened sooner of later and he is glad he was driving-me too cuz now he feels as bad as i did when i got his car stuck in first-that was just a linkage wiggle to fix! Will let you know what happens next!
still undecided about the paint color-all i know is the white stripes will be "mother of pearl"
Its either origal "dusk blue" or the new blue thats on the hood and deck lid!

This message was edited Nov 10, 2006 6:57 AM

Vian, OK

MOPAR or NO CAR! My family has a 1969 Roadrunner, a 1970 'cuda, a 1972 Barracuda and a 1974 'cuda. But our everyday drivers are all Ford products. Love those muscle cars.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

here is what the timimg cover looked like!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

im sure blessed being married to the BEST mechanic out there!!! He rebuild and modified my motor!!!
she now has 202 valves

This message was edited Nov 10, 2006 7:09 AM

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

new rockers and new bearings

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

oh and I have been working on the body while dh was working on the motor

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

the motors in and rumbling just the way she should
I got the mickey thompson valve covers off ebay for 31.00 plus shipping-oh happy me!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i also got the first coat of primer on-one step at a time-oh and it did cost me some dimes! lol

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

guess what?
Its finished-well i have to bolt the front spoiler on yet!!!!!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

front

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

another view

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

back end

Thumbnail by notmartha
Lick Creek, IL(Zone 6b)

WOW! What a fine little Camaro. Did you keep the original tranny? I read about your engine rebuild. Don't ya love ebay, its like gettin to snoop around in people's garage and gettin to buy what you want. Those little small block Chevies are great engines. That should provide you with years of fun...Enjoy.

Looks great!!!!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5b)

Congrats! It makes me want to get my 55 out of my dad's garage so much quicker! Enjoy the beautiful ride!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

my new ride i got yesterday

my dh and dil and 2 grands and my son kegan(14yrs)

This message was edited Jun 17, 2008 4:23 PM

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i luv it
97 camaro convertible!!!

Thumbnail by notmartha

Camaros are neat cars!! If I wasn't a Ford person I would try to get me one. :~)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.