Photo by Melody

Rock and Alpine Gardening: What's blooming in your rock garden?

Communities > Forums > Rock and Alpine Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Rock and Alpine GardeningReplies: 141, Views: 729
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
June_Ontario
Rosemont, ON
(Zone 4a)

August 8, 2006
8:37 PM

Post #2600510

What plants do you grow that flower late summer and early fall? I'm getting bloom from a couple of low-growing Oenotheras, the pale yellow one and the white one that turns pink (O. missouriensis and O. pallida?), Gentiana septemfida, Salvia forskaohlei (light purple & cream), Linum flavum compactum, Campanula carpatica, Pterocephalus pinardii, Silene schafta, Satureja arkansana, a creeping pink Verbena, and Thymus 'Doone Valley'. Oh, and Penstemon hirsutus 'Pygmaeus' is just starting to re-bloom.

The plants are growing in 4" to 6" of road gravel, over sandy loam with pockets of sand and rocks (it's glacial moraine), in full sun, and they never get watered once established.

June
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

August 8, 2006
10:13 PM

Post #2600780

My rockery is mostly Allium flavum and its many colour forms, along with Gentiana septemfida.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

August 8, 2006
10:15 PM

Post #2600786

Here's A. flavum in orange

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

August 8, 2006
10:16 PM

Post #2600789

and pink

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

June_Ontario
Rosemont, ON
(Zone 4a)

August 9, 2006
2:04 PM

Post #2602878

OK, I definitely need some Allium flavum. Todd, did you grow your different colour forms from seed? Please can you recommend a source for seed or bulbs?

June
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

August 10, 2006
2:16 AM

Post #2605622

June, I'm just starting work on a rock garden. can you post any pics of what you have that's flowering now?

gram?
June_Ontario
Rosemont, ON
(Zone 4a)

August 10, 2006
12:01 PM

Post #2606599

Sorry, Gram, I have no pictures. I'll be buying a digital camera soon, though.

June
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

August 10, 2006
6:17 PM

Post #2607735

June, I did grow them all from seed. They came as Allium flavum var. tauricum from NARGS seed exchange some years ago. Apparently, the originator submitted the seeds as specific colours but the seed 'distributor' put all the seeds in the same bottle, ending up with a mixed bag of colours. I was expecting yellow flowers but as they started to bloom, I ended up with a mixed patch of yellow, white, pink and orange shades. Last year I dug the clump while it was in full bloom and seperated each colour so that now each colour is in its own clump. I plan on collecting seeds based on colours this fall. If you think on it, drop me an email later the fall and I can send you some seeds.
June_Ontario
Rosemont, ON
(Zone 4a)

August 10, 2006
9:19 PM

Post #2608225

Thanks, Todd. I'd love some seeds. I don't have any experience of growing bulbs from seed (apart from some Pancratium maritimum seeds that were collected at Leptis Magna in Libya last fall, and I sowed them in almost pure sand). What advice can you give me for germinating and growing Allium flavum, please?
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

August 11, 2006
11:19 PM

Post #2612467

They need stratification. Sow them Jan. 1 then put the pot in the fridge for 2 months then expose them to gentle heat. Or sow them the fall in pots left outside for the winter..they'll germinate in the spring. They actually self-seed in my garden. They should flower the second year from seed. Some flavums have lovely blue foliage, although it seems to be restricted to the yellows.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

August 12, 2006
1:08 AM

Post #2612768

How wonderful to see activity here in Aug! I almost missed it.

Todd - what a nice variety of color for those allium! The pink are
especially pretty.

My little daphne's are still blooming on & off. And geranium nana.
Hardly the big spring show. I'll see if I can get a few pictures
this weekend (assuming there is anything blooming).

Tam
Ally_UT
Central, UT
(Zone 5b)

August 13, 2006
8:47 PM

Post #2618576

It's nice to see any activity here. It is a slow time of year in the rock garden as far as blooms go though. I rely on the foliage for interest this time of year. I grow more fond of the Acantholomons each year. I do have a few things that are still blooming but nothing like the spring show of blooms. I'm glad to see that Gentian septemfida and Pterocephalus pinardii bloom this time of year. I have seedlings of both that will be going into the garden shortly.

As far as what's actually producing blooms right now I have Oenothera caespitosa, Sphaeralcea caespitosa, Aster coloradoensis, Talinum brevifolium, Othona capensis, Townsendia incana, Erigeron compositus, Andryala agardhii and Erodium carvifolium that has been blooming all year. Petrophytum caespitosum is also sending up it's white/cream bottlebrush blooms right now that the bees seem to enjoy and Eriogonum ovalifolium is still producing little puff ball blooms. Alyssum stribryni(sp?) is looking much better since it's hair cut and producing a bit of yellow bloom (I may keep it another year). I also have a couple of Penstemon that are blooming but I don't know which they are. One is larger and I'm thinking it may be P. laetus the other is smaller with rosettes of bluish foliage and small lavender blooms. A single Castilleja integra is blooming right now situated next to a Salvia dorii. These are planted in a sandy/gritty clay loam mulched with pea gravel and are watered occasionally through the hot dry part of the growing season.

I'll have to check out a couple of the other plants you all have listed.

(edited to correct name of plant.)

This message was edited Aug 13, 2006 4:09 PM
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

August 13, 2006
9:58 PM

Post #2618776

I'm lurking here and making notes. thanks, everyone. :-))
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

August 13, 2006
11:12 PM

Post #2618988

Ally_UT I don't have nearly that much variety blooming in the rockery now. I have about 5 forms of Allium flavum, A. pulchellum, A. lusitanicum, A. senescens, A. cyaneum, A. angulosum, A. tuberosum, Oxalis 'Ione Hecker', O. 'Ute', O. squamata, Platycodon grandiflorum, Campanula patula, Veronica whitleyi and Geranium sanguineum. Cyclamen hederifolium is just starting to bud...the first of my fall-blooming bulbs.
Ally_UT
Central, UT
(Zone 5b)

August 15, 2006
5:20 PM

Post #2624934

I'm taking notes too Gram. I've added several of the above mentioned plants to my short list.

Todd, I know the rest of your garden is filled with an abundance of bloom that I could only dream of. I look forward to pics of the Cyclamen. I don't have many Alllium but my A. senescens 'Blue twister' is just finishing up and the A. tuberosum are just beginning. I've got another Allium that is blooming but I have no idea what it is.

What about autumn Crocus? or Colchicum? I planted some Crocus boryi that I would have enjoyed seeing but I'm afraid they've succumb to the elements and my ignorance.
When do these start to bloom? I could use some suggestions on ones that might be suitable for a xeric rock garden.

Staying with the theme of the thread I'll add a couple more plants that are blooming. These aren't in my main rock garden but would be suitable for the larger rockery. There is Zinnia grandiflora and Calylophus serrulatus as well as Papaver croceum all of which are producing delightful yellow blooms. Epilopium fleischeri is putting on a nice display of pink gaura like blooms and Dracocephalum ruyschianum is still blooming sproadically as is Antihrinum hispanicum 'roseum' .
Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

August 17, 2006
5:37 PM

Post #2632061

The Oenothera minima is blooming now in one of my rock beds. It is a sweet little plant that only grows to about 6" tall and the little yellow flowers are about the size of a pencil eraser. It is well-suited for rock gardens.

Thumbnail by Weezingreens

Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

August 17, 2006
5:40 PM

Post #2632074

Also, the Edelweiss.

Ally_UT
Central, UT
(Zone 5b)

August 20, 2006
2:58 PM

Post #2641155

Great pics Weezingreens. I've never heard of that Oenothera before. Very cute. Love the Edelweiss too. I thought that I had lost mine this year when it started to look all dry and crispy but it's starting to put on fresh growth now that it's gotten a bit cooler here.
Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

August 20, 2006
4:52 PM

Post #2641426

Yes, I imagine the heat of a Utah summer could scare the fuzz right off a little ol' Edelweiss! I got the seeds for this little Oenothera from Emmy in the Netherlands. She has lots of wonderful seeds.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

August 20, 2006
11:08 PM

Post #2642417

My alliums are still going...here's A. cyaneum in my alpine trough

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

August 21, 2006
8:33 PM

Post #2645154

I love the allium! I've never had much luck growing them from seed. Maybe I just need to winter sow them all.
ceeadsalaskazone3
Seward, AK

August 22, 2006
9:51 PM

Post #2648925

Weez, I seem to grow them all. Maybe I should be in charge of Alliums... Carol
Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

August 23, 2006
6:16 AM

Post #2650701

Yes, you are, indeed the Allium Queen of Seward! I even have trouble getting chives to germinate!
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

August 23, 2006
10:08 AM

Post #2650786

Most Alliums sprout like grass for me but I do have trouble with a few species. A. zebdanense...tried it 5 times and still no luck!...chives self-seed all over the place!

This is an Allium blooming now that came from a gentleman in Latvia. He did not know the species. It is something like A. senescens but paler with a larger head and broader leaves. I can't seem to find anything on the internet that matches.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

August 23, 2006
5:28 PM

Post #2651867

That's a beauty, Todd! I think I should put out a real effort to get the allium going in my gardens. Ceeads is a master at growing them, and she lives about a mile from me. I'll have to sneak down to her house with a flashlight and a trowel some night! She gave me a lovely little lewisia I mistook for an allium. I believe it is Lewisia pymaea. It seems happy in my wet, cool climate and puts out lots of little babies every summer: http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/55583/index.html

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

August 23, 2006
10:23 PM

Post #2652767

My L. pygmaea is nearly dormant...only one of two flowers and leaves left but it produced lots of seeds.

Allium pulchellum 'Album' is just starting.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

August 24, 2006
5:54 AM

Post #2654069

My L. pygmaea bloomed in the spring, but it retains its foliage all summer long. I've never tried collecting seeds. The flowers grow so close into the foliage! So far, it self seeds so readily, I haven't needed to harvest seeds. Your A. pulchellum is lovely.
Leftwood
Saint Bonifacius, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 2, 2006
2:32 AM

Post #2683587

Other August bloomers I have to add to the list is :
Talinum calcynum
Mertensia pterocarpa(still blooming)
Inula ensifolia
Scilla scillioides
Petrohagia saxifraga (cut back for second bloom)

I planted these penstemon this spring so I am not sure it is normal bloom time:
pinifolius
pinifolius 'Mersea'
rupestris
Leftwood
Saint Bonifacius, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 3, 2006
3:02 AM

Post #2686394

Just learned Talinum calcynum has been changed to Phemeranthus calycinus. All those like talinums have a genus change.

Talinum paniculatum (Jewels of Opar), however, remains the same.

Rick
Leftwood
Saint Bonifacius, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 3, 2006
2:37 PM

Post #2687236

Petrohagia saxifraga - would probably do better in real rock garden soil, but it is in well draining richer garden soil.

Anyone care to take a guess at the plant at the upper left? Planted late this spring, it is obviously not mature.

Rick

Thumbnail by Leftwood

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 3, 2006
3:53 PM

Post #2687437

Very nice bloom on that petrohagia saxifraga Rick!
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 3, 2006
9:16 PM

Post #2688182

My Epilobium fleischeri just started yesterday.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 3, 2006
9:18 PM

Post #2688186

and my Trachelium jacquinii ssp. romerianum is in full bloom.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 3, 2006
10:16 PM

Post #2688292

So cute! How nice to see the season isn't over just yet.
Tam
Ally_UT
Central, UT
(Zone 5b)

September 4, 2006
3:59 PM

Post #2690328

Rick that Petrohagia reminds me of a sandwort that I grow in my dryland garden, I like it, the Petrohagia that is. So is that an Epilobium in the upper left hand corner?

Todd another great looking plant that I've never heard of. After looking up the Trachelium I see that it's suitable for xeric and alkaline conditions, which got me excited. Then I notice it's not particularly cold hardy. Do you have to bring this inside for the winter?
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 4, 2006
10:56 PM

Post #2691467

It should be fine for you area...mine is outside and my seeds originated from a lady who grew it outdoors in Ottawa (Zone 5a).

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 4, 2006
10:57 PM

Post #2691477

Gentiana septemfida is also flowering now.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 4, 2006
10:58 PM

Post #2691480

and although not strictly an alpine, I thought I'd share a pic of my willow gentian.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Leftwood
Saint Bonifacius, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 4, 2006
11:50 PM

Post #2691660

Love the cross effect on that Epilobium, Tammy. I hadn't realized that species was so nice.

The other plant in the Petrohagia pic is a little Penstemon pinifolius. Interesting in that I planted both P. pinifolius and P. pinifolius 'Mersea' at the same time, and which do you think bloomed? The wimpier, yellow flowered Mersea.

Todd and Weezingreens (Gesundheit!): always great plants. I have two G. septemifida in two gardens that bloom in succession. But neither make it to September(!)

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 9, 2006
10:07 PM

Post #2706884

Hello everyone
Great thread I just stumbled on - so many plants I've never even heard of! I'm making notes! Todd, love your blue A. cyaneum and the Trachelium! Didn't know A. flavum came in so many colors.

In my small "rock border" my dianthus are still blooming although they're getting a bit tattered.
Also blooming at the moment are:
Geranium dalmaticum
Geranium farreri
Campanula cochlearifolia
Penstemon pinifolia
Dianthus 'Queen of Henri'
Gentiana paradoxa
Erodium manescavi
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 9, 2006
11:42 PM

Post #2707237

A couple of sedums have started this week. This is Sedum ewersii.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 9, 2006
11:43 PM

Post #2707244

By the way, welcome to the thread Rannveig! Here is Sedum 'Vera Jameson'

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 9, 2006
11:44 PM

Post #2707247

and a close-up of Gentiana paradoxa X septemfida.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 9, 2006
11:45 PM

Post #2707252

Finally, the first Colchicums have started...a real sign of autumn. This one looks a bit scranny now but in the next week or two, will become a significant display.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 10, 2006
11:14 AM

Post #2708479

Beautiful photos Todd! That colchicum is beautiful - love the "checkered" look. What's it's name? Mine usually don't start until Ocotber.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 10, 2006
3:09 PM

Post #2708975

Opps, I meant to give the name..its Colchicum agrippinum. It is about 2 weeks ahead of schedule this year. The rest are just breaking the surface. October is my peak month as well.
Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2006
3:24 AM

Post #2711102

Wow! That's a beautiful Colchicum. Mine are all finished, darn it.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 11, 2006
10:05 AM

Post #2711491

Zuzu, your autumn crocus must be summer crocus! I thought they bloomed according to temps...I would expect those in California to bloom in November-December, not August!
Leftwood
Saint Bonifacius, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 11, 2006
3:18 PM

Post #2712092

Summer crocus? What species are they?
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 11, 2006
5:57 PM

Post #2712663

Here's my Gentiana paradoxa that is blooming beautifully at the moment although it's a bit battered from the wind in the last few days. (They photo was taken last week when it was still nice and calm)

Thumbnail by rannveig

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 11, 2006
6:16 PM

Post #2712728

Hurricane Florence is due to hit here on Wednesday...that should be the end of my floral display for this year! It is then due to hit Iceland so Rannveig beware!
Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

September 11, 2006
8:08 PM

Post #2713074

Hopefully it won't take the seedheads, too, Todd.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 11, 2006
8:23 PM

Post #2713130

Yeah I was worried about that! We do get a lot of depressions coming up from New Foundland! We're due to get some heavy rain and winds on Thursday and Friday I saw on the weatherforecast tonight - could that be Florence? Hope you won't get too much damage Todd! We've been getting depressions on a conveyor belt for the past days - it's been rain and wind since Friday.
Ally_UT
Central, UT
(Zone 5b)

September 11, 2006
10:01 PM

Post #2713414

Great colchicum! So this is when they start blooming... good to know. I don't have any fall blooming bulbs yet, but give me a year or two.

I love the Gentiana paradoxa. That blue color is amazing. I tried to start some from seed this year but had no germination. Oh well there's always next year.

Sorry to hear about the impending hurricane. Hope those of you and your gardens in its path make it through with little or no incident.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 12, 2006
12:57 AM

Post #2713947

Rannveig, the hurricane is suppose to hit here Wednesday so it would be in your area for Thursday-Friday for sure. We have had some unsettled weather here but no major rain since Aug. 31. It was sunny today but north winds so only 14 C. Suppose to be sunny and calm tomorrow and near 20 C..the calm before the storm!
Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2006
5:18 AM

Post #2714769

Todd, mine are Colchicum autumnale, which are false autumn crocuses, I guess. Anyway, they always bloom in August.

I love all of these Gentiana photos.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 12, 2006
10:22 AM

Post #2714941

My autumnale bloom in early October which is when, in theory, they are suppose to bloom!
Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2006
10:29 AM

Post #2714949

Maybe they're shocked here when our nighttime temps settle into the 40s in August.
Leftwood
Saint Bonifacius, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 13, 2006
12:16 AM

Post #2717123

You both seem so calm about hurricanes. I guess there is nothing you can do about it, but I think I would be frantic. I hope all goes relatively well.

And I still want to know what a summer crocus is. I don't think I've ever heard of it. Are you just foolin' around, Todd?
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2006
12:54 AM

Post #2717280

Yeah I think he was, leftwood :-)
By the time these hurricanes get up to Iceland they're no longer hurricanes - just deep depressions with lots of wind and rain - we get A LOT of those - nothing to get upset about really - just an annoyance... We're due to get one tomorrow ... lots of wind and rain coming up - Yibbeee (or not!) !!!!
Leftwood
Saint Bonifacius, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 13, 2006
1:52 AM

Post #2717468

Seems like a long way for a storm to track - from Africa to the Americas and then to Iceland. Does it end there?
Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 13, 2006
5:50 AM

Post #2718066

Todd, I just remembered I have a witness to the crazy behavior of my Colchicum from our own alpine forum. Tammy was here in the middle of August and saw them winding down for the year in my garden.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2006
9:00 AM

Post #2718197

no, I don't know where they usually end - they move on from us - they probably disintegrate somewhere over the north-atlantic or go on to scandinavia in some cases. Not sure though.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 13, 2006
10:14 AM

Post #2718237

rannveig, it is downright nasty here today...brace yourself for Florence..she still has quite a punch.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2006
10:44 AM

Post #2718265

sorry to hear that Todd. We were to have a "nice" deep depression here today with wind and rain but it looks like it's passed by or isn't here yet - it's windy but not raining at them moment. The forecast for tomorrow and friday has changed a bit - not sure Florence will be dropping by - we'll have to wait and see. We could see a part of her down there over Newfoundland on the weathermap yesterday - it looked pretty nasty! Hope there won't be too much damage!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 13, 2006
11:47 AM

Post #2718365

I did get a tour of Zuzu's amazing property, chock full of all sorts of goodies! and kitties!
I think they must have been summer colchicum for sure. Did it really get in the 40's there?
After the 110+ days were over??? We have much more well-behaved weather here :-)

There's absolutely no sign of my colchicum here. And I hope we get some of the left overs
of the left overs from one of those tropical storms. Its a little dry here. But please, not a
repeat of my namesake from last year (Tropical Storm Tammy - dropped 13" in an afternoon.
I couldn't get a friend home after we went to the Rock Garden Society meeting. Every river
and creek was over its edge & the roads were all flooded.)

Tam
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2006
12:14 PM

Post #2718419

No sign of my colchicums either! Tammy lucky you to get a tour of Zuzu's garden - that must have been awesome judging from the photos I've seen!
Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 13, 2006
8:08 PM

Post #2719760

Tammy's cute as a bug and was a joy to meet in person finally, but my garden was less than awesome when she was here, Rannveig, because the heat wave and the gophers had temporarily obliterated some of its charms.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2006
8:21 PM

Post #2719804

I'm sure there was plenty of charm leftover!
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2006
12:40 AM

Post #2720587

Zuzu, too bad the heat wave couldn't have obliterated the gophers LOL. I had no idea your temperatures were so extreme so early.

I should get some colchicum. they would probably be fall bloomers here. Todd, the c. agrippinum you posted is so pretty. I've ordered some species tulips and mini daffodils for the rockery to put in this fall, so I'll at least have some color next spring.

gram

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 14, 2006
1:22 AM

Post #2720709

Don't let her fool you folks! It'll take more than heat & gophers to take the shine off Zuzu's
gardens! It was a delightful afternoon visiting with her.
Tam
June_Ontario
Rosemont, ON
(Zone 4a)

September 18, 2006
1:55 AM

Post #2733898

This little blue-leaved columbine (Aquilegia scopulorum?) is in my gravel bed. It went dormant in the heat of summer, but has regenerated in the cool, wet fall weather and is now flowering.

This is my first attempt to post a photograph, so here goes...

Thumbnail by June_Ontario

grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

September 18, 2006
2:01 AM

Post #2733923

Hey June, cute columbine, great pic. now you can catch up and start showing us all of the great things you have growing. of course, it's not the best time of year for that, but watch out next spring!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 18, 2006
10:57 AM

Post #2734603

Ahhh... so cute. I'm glad you figured out how to post photo's June!
Tam
June_Ontario
Rosemont, ON
(Zone 4a)

September 18, 2006
11:40 AM

Post #2734680

That pic killed my computer! I'm such a dummy, I never checked the file size - it was HUGE, and I only have a dial up line. Anyhow here's a much smaller (in bytes) pict of a bit more of the gravel bed. Zinnia grandiflora is in the center, and behind are orange Eschscholtzia and purple Salvia transsylvanica.

Thumbnail by June_Ontario

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2006
11:53 AM

Post #2734701

Great photos June! I love that cute litlle columbine and the rest of the gravelbed looks really good! I'm eyeing those bare spots with a bit of envy I wish I had some of those! LOL I was planting 4 new plants in my very narrow raised "rock garden" bed on Sat and had to start taking things out to make room for the new ones ... ;-)
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 18, 2006
5:03 PM

Post #2735854

Nice alpine garden June. Have you managed to get Zinnia grandiflora to overwinter? Mine rotted last winter. The blue columbine looks like A. caerulea. I have scopulorum and the spurs are not nearly that long. Your's is a beauty with very attractive foliage.
June_Ontario
Rosemont, ON
(Zone 4a)

September 18, 2006
11:46 PM

Post #2737102

Thanks for all the kind comments. The gravel bed is about 2 years old, and I'm still in the process of filling it. It's a part of the garden that people look at and wonder if it is meant to look that way. Now that the plants are beginning to spread out, it looks less like a Martian landscape.

Todd: Zinnia grandiflora has gone through one winter, but in the spring it took so long to appear that I thought it had died. That's why a Helianthemum is planted so close to it.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 18, 2006
11:59 PM

Post #2737126

I'm with Rannveig - I find myself envying open spaces almost as much as the plants
themselves.

Its wonderful to see a few new folks here in Rock & Alpine Gardening! Can't wait to
see all the springtime glory! I just don't have much going right now to post.

Tam
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 19, 2006
10:01 AM

Post #2738242

June, what is the yellow flower in the right corner and the reddish-leaved plant near the middle?

Alliums are still coming on, even this late. This is one of my many Allium senescens selections. All look much the same but bloom at different times. My earliest blooms in mid-July and this one will bloom from now until October. Essentially, I have at least one A. senescens open throughout a 3 month period.

Well, I was trying to post! I see Dave is still having this glitch.

grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2006
10:41 AM

Post #2738267

Todd, thats good to know about the alliums. stretch out the bloom season. I'm mostly gathering info at this point and hope to really get some plants in next year. I've ordered a few things from Arrowhead Alpines because I was ordering some dwarf conifers and couldn't resist getting a few plants while I was there. no alliums yet, though.
June_Ontario
Rosemont, ON
(Zone 4a)

September 19, 2006
11:13 AM

Post #2738304

Todd, to the right of the Zinnia is a lovely prostrate, grey-leaved Lostus labelus with tiny yellow daisy-type flowers. When it dies, I'll dig it up and find the label underneath, probably. Also to the right, is yellow-leaved Berberis thunbergii 'Moulers', a (so far) very dwarf cultivar. The maroon-brown stuff that you see behind is dead flowerheads of Sedum floriferum 'Weihenstephaner Gold'. I really love the way its leaves turn deep red in winter, and it's a mass of yellow flowers in early summer.

Gram, you are so lucky to be able to order from Arrowhead Alpines. Such a great (and quirky) catalog! I had some good stuff from there when I was living in PA.

Most of the plants in the gravel bed have come from either Wrightman Alpines (they ship) or The Country Squires Garden (pick-up only). And there's some from Ontario Rock Garden Society members plant sales or seed.
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2006
11:20 AM

Post #2738310

this is my first time ordering from Arrowhead. definitely quirky. made me a little nervous that they don't have online ordering and won't commit to any shipping date. I called last night and Bob said my order either shipped yesterday or would go out today, so I feel better. I faxed it, so then I start to worry if they even got it. I like those e-mail confimations ;0) but they had dwarf conifers I wanted that were hard to find and they have such a good rep that I decided to go ahead. spent too much $ so they better be good!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 19, 2006
11:23 AM

Post #2738317

I met the Wrightman's last fall when they did a talk at our local chapter of NARGS. They
did a workshop on tufa planting. It was so fun. I stocked up on a number of their goodies too.
Based on what they brought with them, I believe they have a beautiful selection!

I've never tried Arrowhead Alpines. I'll have to give them a try. I ordered from Beaver Creek
Greenhouse this spring and was delighted with the plants too. (Mail order - beautifully packaged).

Tam
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 19, 2006
2:16 PM

Post #2738791

I've ordered from Beaver Creek and also highly recommend them. Wrightmans and Alpines Mount Echo are also quite good.

Lostus is not a genus I've heard of...was it Lotus? but then, that's a waterlily isn't it? Hmm.

A dwarf Berberis sounds nice. I have four but none are dwarf to say the least! That Sedum is a new species to me...I'll have to do some research as I have quite a few Sedums but could always use more!

Most of my alliums have been grown from seed. I did not get the seeds as specific cultivars of senescens. It just turned out that different sources flowered at different seasons. Some came as other species but when they bloomed, ended up being more senescens. That species is among the most commonly mis-identified allium!
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 19, 2006
2:28 PM

Post #2738834

Lotus is a genus in the fabaceae family - I tried sowing Lotus corniculatus once but when it flowered this summer it turned out to be something else with lavender/white bean flowers instead of the yellow I was expecting - so I'll have to try again! It's really pretty - not too many yellow alpines that grow here ... never heard of Lotus labelus or Lostus genus ...

http://bellquel.bo.cnr.it/scuole/serpieri/erbario/immagini erbacee spontanee/Leguminose/Lotus corniculatus 2.jpg
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 19, 2006
6:20 PM

Post #2739547

I was thinking water lotus...the genus Nelumbo, not Lotus. Yes, I now realize that Lotus is a Fabaceae...Lotus corniculatus is a hydroseeded roadside establishment plant locally...its all over the place. Rannveig, you are probably fortunate that yours turned out to be something else as Lotus corniculatus can be invasive.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 19, 2006
6:37 PM

Post #2739610

It's not invasive here - here it's a very good rock garden plant :-)
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 19, 2006
9:34 PM

Post #2740116

Ok, I'l try again to post the Allium senescens that is currently open.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

June_Ontario
Rosemont, ON
(Zone 4a)

September 19, 2006
11:22 PM

Post #2740420

Sorry, Rannveig, it was a lame joke: Lostus labelus is the plant that lost its label, and I cannot remember what its real name is. If I find out, I'll let you know.

I'm off to Europe for a couple of weeks now. Talk to you all again when I get back. Bye for now,
June
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 19, 2006
11:24 PM

Post #2740426

That is pretty, such a nice color!

Here's one that's flowering at the moment, Primula capitata 'Noverna Deep Blue' - this one flower head has been in bloom, since the beginning of August - there are still a few buds up on the top that haven't opened yet. I noticed today a new flowerstalk, but that one probably won't start to flower before the first frost. I really like this primula, it's one of my favorites - maybe because it's borderline here - the ones I planted out in my perennial bed last year didn't make it. I had a spare in my cold frame and decided to plant it in my alpine border since it has better drainage. I sure hope it'll survive the winter!

Ah, ok - I probably got a few of those too! Have a nice trip!

This message was edited Sep 19, 2006 11:25 PM

Thumbnail by rannveig

Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2006
11:29 PM

Post #2740440

Have a great time in Europe, June. I love "Lostus labelus," by the way. I have so many of them growing here.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2006
12:35 AM

Post #2740577

I'm amazed at the range of growing conditions for those "Lostus Labelus"!!! We've got a lot of them
growing here in my Zone 6b too. LOL

Rannveig - I tried P. Capatita a few years ago but its a Deadus Primulus now. That blue is remarkable!

Todd - my Allium Senesces bloomed in July. I love their folliage.

Tam
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2006
2:34 AM

Post #2740960

I don't have any Deadus Primulus, but my Lostus Labelus is invasive.

I need alliums...why, oh why didn't I order some when I had Arrowhead in front of me?

Maybe I'll go to Europe with June.

I have some semps I need to get planted. I've gotten fascinated with them and there can't be too many.
Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

September 20, 2006
4:56 AM

Post #2741387

Have you ever started the semps from seed? I start mine indoors in early spring, having collected seeds in the fall. The seed is like powder, so I mix it with coarse sand.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2006
9:45 AM

Post #2741544

Tammy, I sure hope mine won't turn out to be a Deadus primulus as well, I got two of those last year!
Wheezin I've tried starting semps form seed - only one species though. I haven't been able to find seed of the ones I'd like to grow. The seed germinated easily and I got far too many plants - it flowered this summer. Here's a photo - it's Sedum aizoon I think (to lazy to look it up ;-))

Thumbnail by rannveig

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 20, 2006
10:16 AM

Post #2741562

Rannveig, my Primula capitata is just starting to go by. I guess mine bloomed about 3 weeks before yours. I've triedit many times and last winter was the first that I was successful in getting it to overwinter. I inverted a large pot over the plant to keep off the excess rain and snow and that seemed to work. Otherwise, they rot over the winter.

Weezing, I have grown Semps and Jovibarba from seed...dust is right! Some did well, other were no shows. They can grow surprisingly fast from seed.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2006
10:52 AM

Post #2741594

Thanks for the tip Todd! I've used that method on many borderline plants with fair success - I got a bit lazy last winter with the pots. I thought I'd covered the P. capitata plants but it turned out to be P. cockburniana that got covered up! Probably needed it too - it lived the others didn't. I've collected the christmas trees around the neighborhood and used the branches to cover up my alpine bed - it's worked pretty well - not many losses so far :-)
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2006
11:13 AM

Post #2741628

My semps are pretty new and none have flowered so no seed to collect yet.

good idea on the pots for winter protection. the christmas trees, too, Rannveig. they suggest using evergreen branches to cover heather over the winter if you don't get enough snow cover. unfortunately, I didn't have enough of either last year and my new heaths & heathers suffered for it. didn't occur to me to collect old xmas trees.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2006
11:45 AM

Post #2741684

My neighbors probably think I'm crazy - but they're (x-mas trees) thrown out on the sidewalks to be collected in January after Christmas so I thought why not use them? We usually don't need to shelter the plants until after christmas anyway. Some x-mas trees are too dried out to be very useful though and drop all their needles. My older daughter was very helpful last year - I think she came home from school with three trees that she and her friends dragged home! Burlap can also make a useful shelter - I use that for my rhododendrons. Had to look up heathers wasn't sure what they were :-) I've managed to overwinter a few Calluna plants - tucked inside the burlap with the rhododendrons.
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2006
12:24 PM

Post #2741755

I have some new calluna and ericas that I put in spring '05. most made it thru the winter. I lost a few. they are in a very wind-swept location and I think I may try some wilt-pruf on them this year

this is Erica cinerea 'C.D.Eason' (bell heather) that has been blooming since June, looks pretty sad. I have 3 of these and they really took a beating last winter

Thumbnail by grampapa

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2006
2:08 PM

Post #2742000

The ericas and callunas are sold here in autum for autumn color in tubs and baskets - there's no chance of overwintering the ericas here. Your's is real pretty :-) It would be nice if we could just get a nice blanket of snow around late november to keep our tiny gems warm and cozy until march!
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2006
2:34 PM

Post #2742059

the ones I have are all winter hardy to z4 or 5. what I think did some of them in is the drying out from the winds. most of the ericas I have are winter bloomers (e. carnea). here's c.d.eason from it's first spring. the color is great.

Thumbnail by grampapa

grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2006
2:44 PM

Post #2742083

the autumn color on some of the callunas is amazing. these are still young plants, but this one looks like it's on fire...c. vulgaris 'Wickwar Flame'. the blooms are nice, but a somewhat insignificant pale lavender. the foliage on this one is pretty bright all year round.

edit for spelling

This message was edited Sep 20, 2006 10:46 AM

Thumbnail by grampapa

grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2006
2:49 PM

Post #2742090

a few of the callunas (Scotch heathers) in bloom for the first time this year

edit to add: snuck in a Cornish heath (e. vagans 'Lyoness', one of my favorites)

This message was edited Sep 20, 2006 10:54 AM

Thumbnail by grampapa

grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2006
2:51 PM

Post #2742096

and a few more...

ok, I'm done. hope nobody minds. my heather garden and rock garden are attached and one kind of flows into the other

Thumbnail by grampapa

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 20, 2006
4:39 PM

Post #2742427

Great heather collection! We grow many heaths and heather in the Botanical garden...in fact I struck cuttings of about 25 different cultivars today for sale next fall. Rannveig, I'm surprised that Erica would not grow in Iceland...they do better here than the Callunas.

Erica cineria is a bit finicky here too and can get damaged some winters. We also try E. X stuartii and E. X watsonii...they also are touch and go. But E. carnea and E. X darleyensis are easy.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2006
5:30 PM

Post #2742613

Gram those are beautiful! So many different kinds and colors !

I don't know the name of the Erica they sell in the garden centers every fall - it's bright pink. There is no way to overwinter it here ... hence you have to buy new ones every fall. They only have that one kind for sale and the Callunas in different colors. I've also seen some types of Hebe for sale, but they too are tender. I often feel that they should try to import plants that have a chance of doing well here - but then they'd probably sell fewer plants ;-) Calluna vulgaris grows wild here - it's really pretty and gets very nice fall colors - don't have it growing in my garden. Can they be raised from seed?
Leftwood
Saint Bonifacius, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 20, 2006
11:09 PM

Post #2743548

Erica carnea's are easier than Calluna's here in Minnesota too. But both are difficult for most gardeners.
Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

September 21, 2006
6:23 AM

Post #2744800

I've been busy lately getting all my plants trimmed and ready to winter over in pots. After the first hard freeze I'll be mulching them, then covering them with plastic. Yesterday, I trimmed all my sedums, and it occurred to me that I should be sending all those cuttings out to people that have a longer season than I do. There is hardly time to root anything here.

Yes, I started aizoon from seed last spring and it did quite well. Sedum acre is quite easy, as well. There are several others I've started from seed, and some that I just keep rooting from original plants. I also started Sedum pulchellum from seed this spring. It is quite an interesting form. This picture was taken in July, and now it is getting ready to bloom.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2006
12:43 AM

Post #2755970

Finally ... I've got a cyclamen that came back & bloomed!!!! This is a real triumph for me... I've been
starting seed & nurturing them 'til I put them into their final resting place. Lots of Deadus Plantus! But
I got one to come back this year.

Thumbnail by Tammy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2006
12:44 AM

Post #2755973

And another shot by this proud moma!

Thumbnail by Tammy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2006
12:45 AM

Post #2755979

The colchicum are finally blooming here. The waterlily are the prettiest!

Thumbnail by Tammy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2006
12:46 AM

Post #2755981

These sternbergia didn't show up last year - I guess they needed to take the year off?

Thumbnail by Tammy

Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2006
3:45 AM

Post #2756532

Beautiful photos, Tammy. I love your waterlily colchicum. I've got to plant some of those. The cyclamen's leaves are gorgeous. Which cyclamen is that?
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 25, 2006
10:09 AM

Post #2756809

Congrats on the cyclamen...they are beauties indeed. I wouldn't be without mine. Wish Sternbergia were hardy here but alas :(

I just bought Waterlily last week. No signs yet but it did have 2 strong shoots just emerging when I planted it.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2006
10:56 AM

Post #2756851

thanks Zuzu & Todd! The cyclamen is hederifolium. And I suspect the Sternbergia are only marginally
hardy here.
Tam
Leftwood
Saint Bonifacius, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 25, 2006
10:18 PM

Post #2758569

As the season ends, your garden still looks gorgeous! And you certainly should be proud of your cyclamen!

Bravo!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2006
11:23 PM

Post #2758702

Aw shucks. Thanks!
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2006
11:25 PM

Post #2758707

Oh, Tammy your cyclamen are so pretty! I tried raising Cyclamen hederifolium from seed a few years back, but they all rotted during the first winter so they never amounted to anything. I'd really like to try again - they're sooo pretty! No wonder you're proud!!! Congrats!!

Love the waterlily Colcicum - I planted some last year or the year before - they haven't flowered properly for me yet. My "regular" Colcicums are starting to peek up - no sign of the "waterlilies" yet.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2006
11:45 PM

Post #2758735

Rannveig - I think I have sacrificed more than 20 seedlings before I got this one to survive
and bloom! I always get seed from the NARGS exchange (been trying for about 3-4 yrs now)
I planted this one 2 years ago - it was a fairly mature bulb. I have had a few leaves the second
year but this is the first time I got bloom!

Tam
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 26, 2006
12:21 AM

Post #2758821

Rannveig, do you want some Cyclamen hederifolium seeds? I have some I collected off mine a month or so ago. They were collected off a white one but there are pink ones nearby so you could get either colour.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2006
9:51 AM

Post #2806359

Thanks for the seed Todd!

Here's what's blooming at the moment - my Gentiana sino-ornata!

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2006
9:53 AM

Post #2806362

And my colchicum:

Thumbnail by rannveig

grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

October 11, 2006
11:17 AM

Post #2806442

Rann, not bad for Oct in Iceland!

gram

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 11, 2006
11:24 AM

Post #2806457

Very nice.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2006
11:29 AM

Post #2806461

No gram, not bad at all :-) Feels more like September!

Thanks Tammy!
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

October 11, 2006
9:06 PM

Post #2808015

You are a little behind me...my Colchicums are faded now but the real autumn crocus have started. This is Crocus kotchyanus

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2006
10:27 PM

Post #2808237

Todd, that one is pretty. The autumn crocuses don't do well here, they are too late. I planted some a few years back and they've managed to put out blooms but then they usually freeze without ever opening.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

October 11, 2006
11:39 PM

Post #2808363

Crocus speciosus can often have that problem here as well but in the last few falls, they manage to open in mid-November. Mine are just breaking the surface now.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

October 12, 2006
9:31 AM

Post #2809502

Mine are Crocus pulchellus. Haven't seen any sign of them yet. I always think I've lost them and then they pop up much to late to do anything other than freeze ... I guess I'll have to wait and see whether they'll show up this year.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

October 12, 2006
10:07 AM

Post #2809531

My pulchellus have not appeared yet either...now if I could only remember where I planted them!
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

October 12, 2006
10:56 AM

Post #2809570

LOL - same problem here! I have no idea where they are!
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2006
5:30 PM

Post #2810616

I didn't want to clutter up this thread with it as there is certainly nothing blooming, but I have been working on my new rock garden and here is a link to the thread, if anyone is interested

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/660367/

gram ~a girl~
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

October 12, 2006
8:58 PM

Post #2811170

Thanks for the link gram! I'm looking forward to following your progress with your rock garden :-)
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

October 17, 2006
5:25 PM

Post #2825466

My Colchicum 'Water Lily' just opened it's first bloom! Technically it's not in my rock garden bed, but I decided to post it here anyway :-) It's the first time it's flowered properly, the Colchicum seem to need about 2 years to settle in here before they start flowering. My autumn flowering crocuses (Crocus pulchellum) are starting to peek up so they're not dead, but they probably won't flower since it's starting to get cold here.

Thumbnail by rannveig

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

October 17, 2006
6:24 PM

Post #2825654

Of my Colchicum, Waterlily was the last to flower. Remind me next summer to send some Colchicum agrippinum Rannveig...its the first to bloom for me in mid Sept. so should do well for you. It's a mini and perfectly suited to the rock garden.

My Crocus speciosus are just breaking the ground. It's the last of my hardy fall crocus to bloom for me.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

October 17, 2006
8:38 PM

Post #2826124

To finish off my rock garden season, here is Allium thunbergii. Among my Alliums, I have blooms from May till November..can't complain with that!

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

October 17, 2006
10:47 PM

Post #2826485

Ooooooh Todd thanks - I'd love to try the C. agrippinum - it's sooo pretty :-) I'll be sure to remind you ;-) That is a nice Allium. Pretty impressive to have alliums flowering for such a long time!
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

October 17, 2006
11:25 PM

Post #2826584

Todd, you have really learned to stretch your season to the fullest. again, i'm taking notes. so much to learn.

Rann, so glad your C. 'Waterlily' flowered for you this year. they are so pretty.

general question. do you plant fall blooming bulbs in the spring?

gram
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

October 17, 2006
11:32 PM

Post #2826606

Thanks gram! I plant them in autumn. Just bought a white Colchicum. The flowers had already shriveled so it won't flower until next year or the year after ... seems an awfully long time to wait ! Patience is not one of my virtues :-)
Leftwood
Saint Bonifacius, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 20, 2006
8:24 PM

Post #2835769

Petrohagia saxifraga, still going at it. (It's that little bun just above and left of Aster ericoides 'Snow Flurries'.)

Thumbnail by Leftwood

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Rock and Alpine Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
New hillside garden Tammy 88 Jul 27, 2010 6:54 AM
A arisaema sikokianum seedling Tammy 12 May 23, 2007 1:14 AM
Merry Christmas Galanthophile 40 Dec 29, 2007 6:21 PM
NARGS Seed Exchange! Tammy 67 Mar 13, 2007 7:08 AM
Hydrogen peroxide for germination taramark 6 Mar 5, 2007 10:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America