Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

PlantFiles How-to's: Patent Field

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles How-to's
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles How-to'sReplies: 1, Views: 47
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
willmetge
Spokane, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 9, 2006
6:50 AM

Post #2602355

I would really like to see a field for US and International patent numbers added to Plant Files. The patent numbers can be very useful in finding very detailed information about a specific variety.

This is an example of a patent search for a pelargonium that I just purchased (and added to plant files): http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/search-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=fiwocher&OS=fiwocher&RS=fiwocher
Note the thorough detail. I can find information about every part of the plant from the color of the bud before bloom to the per-umbel bloom time. Many patents also have detailed care and propagation information.

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2006
9:20 PM

Post #2612078

We have historically used the "other cultivar info" field for patent #s, patent pending/applied for, as well as cultivar aka's.

If you come across existing entries that need the patent info added, please use the "report an error" link while viewing that entry to let us know the PP# (the system will insert a link back to that entry page for the editor to retrace your steps.)

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other PlantFiles How-to's Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Why don't you follow the rules of nomenclature? Terry 1 May 31, 2008 3:40 PM
    Taxonomy changes coming in the PDB Terry 41 Oct 20, 2007 2:03 AM
    How do I search for what is reported to grow well near me? ceallachg 12 Aug 29, 2008 11:27 PM
    Meet your PlantFiles Editors Terry 44 Aug 26, 2010 1:35 AM
    Royalty lilac bigcityal 7 Aug 8, 2007 11:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America