Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Photos from caving trip

Satsuma, AL(Zone 8b)

We're back (I survived!) from caving this weekend and I have photos to share:

http://gallery-t85.troop85.org/main.php?g2_itemId=2795

Didn't take as many as I would have liked, but it's not like I could just walk around with my camera out and ready to take snapshots. It stayed safe and secure in my bag except for a few choice occasions.

Regards,
David

Thumbnail by speckledpig
Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

hi speckledpig!
tried to view your photos, but it could not connect to your link. i will try to view them again later.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Kazooie, Let us know if you connect to the link. I was able to connect just now. Great pics David!! Looks like you had a ton of fun getting down and dirty!!

Satsuma, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks Pepper. Sorry the link was down earlier; I host them on a machine at home and our power was out earlier; we've had some severe thunderstorms here in the bay area.

Should be working now.

David

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

ok, now i can see them! tell me about the "topless dome". it looks interesting...all you see is this hole to climb up into...was that the passage way you had to go to get to other parts of the cave? thanks for sharing david. looks like you guys had fun.

Satsuma, AL(Zone 8b)

The Topless Dome is a 396' pit about halfway through the cave. It contains the tallest waterfall in that part of Alabama.

Here's another pic of it, taken by a far better photographer:

http://www.realmsofreality.net/caves/tumblingrock_tr4/tumblingrock_tr4b/slides/the%20topless%20dome.html

Very few have climbed it; there isn't a very easy way up.

David

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

that is so neat! looks like a fun climb! did you go up into it, david?

Satsuma, AL(Zone 8b)

Oh yeah, we all did. It isn't tough to get up there. When you do get up there, you get to see what's linked to in my previous post. It's quite a sight, and sometimes there is a good bit of water coming down.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.