Can I vent about a neighbor?

southeast, NE

Do any of you know a person who is so annoying that you would just like to smack him/her? Some of you may remember my neighbor story from the other forum. Our neighbor, George, was out of state last year right during the lambing season. Another neighbor took his ewes and lambed them out for him. George made a lot of snide comments to my dh about things that the other neighbor did, etc. After the ewes lambed, the neighbor took them back to George's place so his wife and son could feed and take care of ewes and lambs. One night George's son called because one of the lambs tried to jump the fence and broke its leg. Dh asked when George was coming home and the son said he would be home in several hours. DH said he would come over and look at the lamb. When he got to the place, he did a temporary splint and told George's son and wife that they should call the vet because the break was bad. Well dh found out later that George complained to another neighbor about what a bad job my dh did on the splint. Well the neighbor is now retired from his job but had to go out of state for a funeral several weeks ago. He asked two other neighbors to check his ewes while he was gone. They did this to be neighborly, etc. even though they can't stand George. Several of George's ewes lambed. He has terrible (almost inhumane) lambing facilities. He had no bedding. The neighbors brought over some straw. They found out he was overfeeding the ewes and causing them to have acidosis. One of the ewes that lambed didn't have milk. They found out she didn't have milk last year. Since the ewes were in poor shape, poor facilities, etc., 6 of the lambs that were born while George was gone died. George decided to stop in last night to see us. Luckily, I wasn't around. George told dh that he had to go out of state for funeral, etc. etc. (dh acted dumb). George then went on to say that the neighbors lost 6 lambs for him while they were taking care of his ewes. I'm surprised that dh didn't smack him. George has raised sheep for 3 years and is always telling my dh about all the things we should be doing, blah, blah. Between my dh and the other two neighbors mentioned above, we have 60 years of experience. We don't know everything. We learn something new every year. I told my dh, it's time that he and the other neighbors set him in his place and quit bailing him out of his messes. I could go on and on about this neighbor. His dd ran away, his son has school problems, etc. etc. Thanks for letting me vent.

Richmond, KY(Zone 6b)

Hey, Jewel,

What else are friends for, if you can't vent to them?

I know exactly what you mean about that kind of neighbor, though. Problem is, if you keep biting your tongue, eventually you bite through it. Somebody needs to set that guy straight.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hey Jewel, sorry you have a jerk for a neighbor...Is there any organization close to ya'll that checks out bad animal practices? Maybe someone could do a tip off...just a thought. Bye, Lisa

Hi Jewel.
I am assuming that you live on a large peice of property. At least you dont have to look at this man every single day. At least your not married to him. At least your not his mother, sister, Aunt, neice or sister-in-law. People who act that way have no peace in their life. They are NEVER happy.
A friend of mine emailed me this quote.

When someone upsets you remember this....
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown but it only takes 4 muscles in your arm to reach over and slap the @#$@%&% upside the head.
ha ha ha
Not very nice I guess but maybe it made you smile?
Dont let him agravate you.
Be happy
Janice

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Hmmmm...and all these years I've been neglecting those four muscles in my arm.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

You guys are great not to mention funny! My neighbor built a huge pond and calls animal control if one of my geese goes over there, I am not saying I am in the right but gah, build a pond next door to exsisting ducks and geese and expect them to not lust after your pond? I know I need to get one wing trimmed on them! But he is a poison freak and I'm organic and his place looks like a cemetary and ruined my view and nothing is bad enough to slap him but this Lamb Idiot guy needs it so I can slap him and pretend I am slapping my neighbor and I do have to see him sometimes on his riding lawn mower...YUCK! Whew... long sentence I'm too tired to slap now.

southeast, NE

Well you people really made my day! (LOL several times!) Well if any of you feel like slapping somebody, just make a trip to Nebr. I will even feed you supper (leg of lamb, of course).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images