Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Tropical Fruits: Is anyone out there growing star apple (caimito)?

Communities > Forums > Tropical Fruits
bookmark
Forum: Tropical FruitsReplies: 2, Views: 92
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
shovelmonkey
Long Beach, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 16, 2006
5:16 PM

Post #2628861

I have just received a seedling that is in a 6" pot. I am in need of any cultural advice you may offer. The plan is to keep it in a container until it is a few feet tall and then put it in the landscape. I am in zone 10. I am wondering how fast it will grow and if I can keep it to 15 foot? Also does it drop a lot of litter? I would like to use it for some shade by my pool. But my main purpose is to get some of the wonderful fruit!
AlohaHoya
Keaau, HI
(Zone 11)

September 12, 2006
5:22 AM

Post #2714776

Unless you pick the fruit...it drops. Smells. Your pool will be purple.

It is delicious. The tree needs good pruning to keep it shapely. We have a huge one... you cannot eat the fruit fast enough!!!
Luziannagourmet
Hester, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2009
2:16 AM

Post #6144342

I have several purple star apple seeds right now & have never started tree seeds before. Have no idea what to do...

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Tropical Fruits Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Tropicals: Dwarf Pomegranate Calalily 44 Jun 14, 2008 3:00 PM
My Ice Cream banana tree halo 27 Jun 7, 2007 2:41 AM
It just ain't so! :) Vee8ch 29 Sep 1, 2008 5:55 AM
Strawberry guava tropicalaria 58 Aug 21, 2011 8:27 PM
Passion Fruit dwallace59 5 Aug 24, 2007 5:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America