Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

swimming hole

Republic, PA(Zone 6a)

I liked this and thought someone else might also. Melinda

Thumbnail by Iluvposies
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Now that looks like a lot of fun!!

Joey

Satsuma, AL(Zone 8b)

Nice lighting on the, eh, flying body. :)

Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

Nice shot....did he survive? If she is standing that water looks pretty shallow and a dive a bit risky!!

Republic, PA(Zone 6a)

esw, you are right! it was risky.there was a very small deep pool surrounded by huge rocks under the surface and the kids all stood on the perimeter of the pool. MOST PEOPLE JUST JUMP BUT THIS KID against most of the spectaors advice, just had to do it. No one followed his form however, but they were all quite impressed. Did we take those kind of risks when we were kids?

Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

Hmmmm. Lots of float trips/canoeing on rivers as a kid w/neighborhood groups - whitewater etc....It was impressed upon us to scout the area extremely well before jumping/diving off rope swings - weren't exactly close to any emergency care.
Of course, if my parents knew half of the stuff we used to do in various circumstances.....amazing we survive to adulthood isn't it?

Republic, PA(Zone 6a)

amen

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

Great pic but the kid diving scared the crap out of me !!!

~Julie

Republic, PA(Zone 6a)

I know Julie, but I promise he's okay

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Great pix! I won't let my kids do that! Too risky!

Commerce, TX(Zone 7b)

My mouth fell open when I saw this picture. It is the same image I carry in memory of my own childhood and of some childhood friends. I was the kid diving and getting hurt was not a concern (it should have been) but when we were still growing a brain was the time for such risk... Thanks for sharing the photo !

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.