Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Brugmansias: Brugmansia is the greatest!!

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 9, Views: 147
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Liz
North Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

July 23, 2001
8:19 PM

Post #9111

Your package arrived today!! I can't believe the number of cuttings in the box. Your generosity is huge! Are these the wonderful fragrant golds you were admonishing me about? This is also a new way of propagation. Get Brugmansia to mail cuttings from the farthest south east he can get to you at the farthest north west you can get and they'll be rooted when they get there. Honestly Brugmansia, these things have rooted intransit. Like 99%. Dare I say it? Even the culebra has root. Was so excited that I opened the box in the kitchen and now there are no drinking glasses left. I thank you, Brugcrazy thanks you and a couple of others. We're in you debt~~
Liz
I only have one question ~ there was insignis gold and another ???gold?? Writing got blurred
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 23, 2001
8:30 PM

Post #98918

Insignis gold and Solid Gold, both are very fine hybrids. Insignis gold is a bit more minty though not as strong as the Solid Gold in fragrance. Insignis gold opens out wide like Isabella-but of course Gold instead of Pink. Insignis gold and Isabella are my two favorite Suaveolens type hybrids by the way. By the way-Perlite is wonderful isn't it-best thing to ship a plant in for long distances. Soak perlite for a good bit in water and then drain-easy enough. Wet towels work good for shorter distances/time.

This message was edited Monday, Jul 23rd 4:33 PM
SDoglover1512
Port Huron, MI
(Zone 5b)

July 23, 2001
9:21 PM

Post #98948

Liz, ...sounds like you hit the jackpot...brugmansia is the greatest.BTW ..I will have to remember that little tip for shipping cuttings*wink*
Sandy
MzMunchken
Crestview, FL
(Zone 7b)

July 23, 2001
10:00 PM

Post #98967

Removed by member request
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 23, 2001
10:49 PM

Post #98996

Yes, he is. Even when he gives very scary advice that will either increase or decrease your brug population!! :)
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

July 23, 2001
10:50 PM

Post #98997

Maybe i should put my cuttings in damp perlite in the closet for a few days to get roots next time. Brugman, you are generous, hope it comes back to you many fold. Liz, i know it is exciting to get baby brugs!
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 24, 2001
1:07 AM

Post #99098

Arlene-I take it you killed a few of the cuttings I gave you? Don't sweat it, I have killed tons of em. In fact, I killed a good 10 lbs plants today just getting a few ready to ship out. If the truth be known I would send out a lot more if I could afford it, but as it is a lot just dies when I make a few up to send out. That, and I always worry that what I send out is going to be appreciated. Most of you who have recieved plants or cuttings recently have Arlene to thank by the way. Don't ask why, just realize that you do have her to thank. Credit where credit is due.
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 24, 2001
1:28 AM

Post #99116

THANK YOU ARLENE!!!!!
brugcrazy
Vancouver Island, BC
(Zone 8b)

July 24, 2001
1:45 AM

Post #99130

Brugmansia: thank you so much for sending the cuttings to Liz. I'm sure some will be coming my way soon. Thank you Arlene also. What can we send in return? Do you like smoked pacific salmon? Let me know.
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

July 24, 2001
2:03 AM

Post #99134

Brugman, i did kill some, felt so bad, especially your pink X pink, like i had run over and killed a pet. but as per your directions i will consider it learning... will post pics as your hybrids bloom, can't wait.
I am always ready for a rescue mission, usually on very little notice.
arlene

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America