the death of a legend

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hello old friends (and new ones too)

as some of you might remember Hurricane Hambone, who was so brave riding out the storm in his pig-loo..well, he has passed on to the pig heaven....I think he was the oldest pig known to man.

r.i.p.
hurricane hambone.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Does that mean you can move now?????????? : )

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

kinda shapin' up that way.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

OH my! I knew as soon as I saw the subject title it was about Hambone.

Sorry, Lisa and Family. I know how we get very attached to our pets/family members.

Hope the passing was gentle (died in his sleep).

Also hope ya'll are doing okay.

Shoe.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh Lisa I'm so sorry. I know how much he meant to you.

When are you moving, have a missed a post where you said?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

no, no..you didn't miss anything mystic (hello, by the way) we still have some work to do up there before we can head out.

shoe, we've had our share of critter death's these past few months(and vet bills to boot...youch!) They been dropping like flies, lots of 'em are just gettin' old and tired. 100's of years from now when they dig up my back yard, they yain't gonna know what in the world was going on...so many bones..grin. Hambone faced his death bravely, that is all I know, heard it was fast and quick. The past week he could no longer walk. I had to carry his food to him and he was in pretty bad shape.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I have a really old dog that I know will pass on soon. I dread it and understand so well how you feel. It is never easy to lose our pets. On a more cheerful subject, I hope you will be able to move soon. We miss your not being here yet since we have anticipated it for so long. Your circus will have a few less traveling members when you do get to travel. I know it would have been rough on the older ones so maybe they are really being spared a lot of shock and painful adjusting to traveling and new conditions.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

justmeLisa, good to "see" you again! ... at least you know your animals had good lives. Take care. Kiss that Tennessee dirt when you get there, if the kudzu hasn't taken over :-)

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

She is moving to KY but she is more than welcome to come to TN and kiss our soil any time.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I knew that Hambone didn't want to be a KY pig...his roots were too deep in the bayous. He'll rest easier down South. Better for him and better for you.

My sympathies to you and all of his animal friends

Things are coming together...you'll be up here full time before you know it.

southeast, NE

Oh Lisa - I am sorry. I remember your posts about Hambone from "way back when". Good luck on your move!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

LOL, Elena, for some reason I remember her a bit south of Sparta on 70, but the mind goes wandering. Tennessee soil is definitley worth kissing, though. I would love to import about 20,000 tons of it to the Nevada desert. Don't know WHAT I was thinking when we sold our little piece of TN dirt (suburban CA, on the other hand, I am happy to be done with). Many blessings to you on your move, Lisa.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

thanks all for the kind words. I'm okay 'bout it all. It was time.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I think I am taking it harder than you Lisa. I actually prayed for that pig! LOL

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. How did Sally handle the news? It is hard on little ones too. She probably can't remember life without him, can she?

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

kmom, I can't send you 20,000 lbs. of dirt but I might manage a tablespoon or two for you just so you can say you have part of TN in your home. LOL

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Hambone had a few tears shed for him in CA too. After following his exploits , many of us feel attatched to our own special "survivor."

Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

Oregon agrees. The picture in my mind of Hambone refusing to leave his house for Katrina still sticks in my mind. "Farewell, sweet Hero". Dotti

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I am so sorry to hear your beloved one Hambone. (HUGS)

Tabor, SD(Zone 4b)

So sorry for your loss. Hambone was quite the character, wasn't he?? We have an old bull that is like a pet, and when he goes, there will be lots of tears shed.

Johnny said that you weren't moving yet. I get Lisa reports from him whenever he calls. ;)

(((HUGS)))

Lisa,

Just saw this. I'm so very sorry about Hambone and all the other critters you've lost. Sending hugs! (((Lisa)))

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Lisa,

I just found this, I'm so sorry! I sure will miss him. I never thought that nickname I gave him would stuck for so long. Could someone dig up that poem I wrote in his honor? I only have an hour on this puter. I'll check back when I can.

Huggles to all!

mg

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images