-
AuthorContent
Glory
Biloxi, MS
(Zone 8b)

July 23, 2001
8:49 PM

Post #9114

I have about 25 seedlings of a Waltraud hybrid. All I know about the seedlings is the seed pod was sent to me via a friend in Brandon MS and he received it from a guy in Germany. According to the info I received was that the Waltraud is a suavelons hybrid and is dark pink. Anyone ever heard of the Waltraud Brug?

Gloria
MzMunchken
Crestview, FL
(Zone 7b)

July 23, 2001
10:53 PM

Post #99002

Removed by member request
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 24, 2001
1:25 AM

Post #99113

Now...a seedpod...25 seedlings...thats not much for a seedpod to produce...not too sure I follow unless that is the number your are willing to let loose from what you are growing or have germinated? Or you were sent 25 seeds out of a seedpod? Dark pink-similar to B.Butterfly or darker? I would love to see a picture as always. Still looking for a nice dark pink suaveolens with an Isabella or Insignis gold shape. Of course if it was shortened a bit that would be nice as well. To appear as if it was simply splitting open the calyx and rolling out and away like a dinner plate-now that would be beautiful regardless of tendril length. Dark pink, fragrant, and tendril length added to it and I would be in heaven. Of course if it was an early heavy bloomer...oooh my imagination runs wild...why do you torment me so Gloria? Now I am going to have to plant more of my Suaveolens seeds from my Isabella for sure.
MzMunchken
Crestview, FL
(Zone 7b)

July 24, 2001
1:27 AM

Post #99115

RA
Burlington, ON

July 24, 2001
2:06 AM

Post #99136

He makes me realize I have so much to learn :-)!
Glory
Biloxi, MS
(Zone 8b)

July 24, 2001
2:12 AM

Post #99143

Brugmansia,
I had 125 seeds of the Waltraud seeds..planted all of them but only 25 germinated. Guess we'll have to wait till one of these little guys bloom to see what it looks like. Right now the seedlings are only about 6 inches or so high and I already put each one of them into gallon pots. Did I do the right thing by transplanting them into a larger pot already? Brugmansia you will be the first to see a picture when one of them blooms...I promise.
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 24, 2001
2:50 AM

Post #99169

Gloria,
125 seeds in that seedpod and only 25 germinated. Were they picked to young or just too old? Details? I had some seed that was insect infested that didn't germinate at all. It happens. Makes one madd as a hatter I tell ya. Can't wait to see those beauties. I have gotten as few as 160 to as many as 420 in a seedpod from a 1 yr old Brugmansia. Variable leafs, or pretty much all the same?
Glory
Biloxi, MS
(Zone 8b)

July 24, 2001
3:13 AM

Post #99176

Brugmansia,
I really don't know too much about the seeds. The pod was sent to a friend of mine and he inturn sent them to me because he didn't want to mess with the seeds.

Oh, before I forget I have a seed pod forming on a Jamaican Yellow Brug but have no idea who the father is.

Gloria
JustJen
Gulfport, MS
(Zone 8a)

July 24, 2001
8:26 PM

Post #99591

dont you just hate when the plants get promiscuious?
MzMunchken
Crestview, FL
(Zone 7b)

July 24, 2001
8:39 PM

Post #99598

pebble
Bodrum
Turkey
(Zone 10a)

July 24, 2001
8:45 PM

Post #99606

lol ms jen

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America