Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Which of these is A. podophyllum and what's the other?

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Both of these were sold to me as Anthurium podophyllum. This first one I've had for several years. It's very clumpy and it seems to divide more than grow stems. The leaves are pretty cool and interesting. Please ignore the color, it's normally a more grayish-light green. I had it in a spot for a few weeks where it got more sun than I thought it would. I've had this one for about 5 or 6 years. I think that's a 10" for scale (plus in the next couple you can see my hand).

Thumbnail by Carter
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Here's one leaf example...

Thumbnail by Carter
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Here's another leaf... see how regularly un-uniform they are. This is normal for this guy. The stems don't seem to grow much on these. In 5 or 6 years, now one stem is more then a couple inches. It's sent out many side divisions, though.

Thumbnail by Carter
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Here's the other one. I just acquired this one a few months ago. The whole plant is very representative of this (it came out of a pot of a more mature specimen - this plant was pretty representative of what it looked like though). Pretty uniform leaves and definitely smaller than first plant. This one also has a stem that's about 6 or 7" long, and the rest of the specimen pot it was in was similar if not a little larger. This one has flowered for me as well.

Thumbnail by Carter
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

The flower is small - maybe just an inch and a half or so tall (not including the flower stem).

Thumbnail by Carter
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Another flower shot.

Thumbnail by Carter
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

As I said, both of these plants were sold to me as Anthurium podophyllum, but they have very obvious differences. One is an imposter... (I suspect the second one, but not sure).

Thanks!

Carter.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

The first one is A. podophyllum; the second one looks like A. pedato-radiatum.

LariAnn

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.