Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Mid-South Gardening: Central AR Potluck Contributions

Communities > Forums > Mid-South Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Mid-South GardeningReplies: 21, Views: 136
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
edenawaitsme
Augusta, AR
(Zone 8a)

August 25, 2006
2:59 AM

Post #2656890

As you all know we are going to have a potluck style lunch at the swap. We will not have electricity, so I am asking you please to make sure that your dish is ready to be served when you get here. Things that we need are:

plastic plates-better than paper because they don't drip
napkins/paper towels
plastic utensils/cups

---tpmceet is bringing all the paper goods
---nancy is bringing the plastic ware

drinks
---I will bring ice and bottled water (3 gallons) we can get more if needed
---nancy is bringing crystal light

main dishes,
---kathy is bringing chicken tetrazini
---my mom is bringing either chicken in dumplings or snl a chicken soup
---gjbrock a casserole
---my co-worker is making a tatertot casserole

bread
---my snl has sourdough starter so I will ask her to make some homemade bread for us-yum,yum

sides like orderbs, salads, or veggies
---I'm bringing a baked cheesy garlic potato dish
---kathy is making some kind of veggie dish
---gjbrock is making a marinated vegetable dish-I love veggies!

desserts
---my mom's making a strudel type desert
---duckmother is bringing some chocolate scotcheroos
---nancy may make banana split pie
---gjbrock is making an earthquake cake

So whatcha bringing?

This message was edited Sep 15, 2006 7:54 AM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 27, 2006
12:44 AM

Post #2662830

Forgive me for not posting here when i said was headed this way, DH took me off campin and we're back now, short trip, too hot and the fish weren't biting so he said lets go home LOL.

Do we have a theme that we're sticking to in the line of food like mexican, italian, or just what ever we bring?

I'm not comin from too far off, I can bring a hot dish, but haven't a clue to what to bring yet , it will be some sort of casserole or meat dish ,
edenawaitsme
Augusta, AR
(Zone 8a)

August 27, 2006
1:42 AM

Post #2663054

Sounds like you tried to have some fun. It has been so darn hot I can't even stay outside for long til I putter back into the house, lol. Something has snatched my energy. I have been so exhausted the last two days. The minute I got off work yesterday I pretty much went straight to bed. When I woke up this morning I got up, cooked breakfast, then went back to bed. I remember Judy saying almost this exact thing a week ago. I did dig some mulch for my gardens this afternoon, and I feel somewhat better getting something productive done.

Kathy, you are welcome to bring anything you like, just make sure to make plenty, and bring the recipe, lol. I am like you girl. I love to eat!! Can't wait til Sept 16th. I have checked future forecast, and it seems will be having cooler weather at around mid 80's so that's good.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 27, 2006
2:43 AM

Post #2663342

that weather sounds delightful, same thing that snatched your energy snatched mine as well, I feel so drained
edenawaitsme
Augusta, AR
(Zone 8a)

August 30, 2006
10:17 PM

Post #2676397

Just 2 weeks you guys. Please post what you'd like to bring. Thank you, Sheila.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2006
2:33 AM

Post #2677095

I so hope that I am able to attend the swap. We have a few babies still at home but they are growing quickly!

I was thinking about bringing Chocolate Scotheroos or some type of sweet. But not to worry, I will swirl my magic wand over them to remove all calories. LOL

Thumbnail by duckmother
Click the image for an enlarged view.

tpmceet
Sheridan, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2006
11:10 PM

Post #2679562

Put me down for plates, cups, and napkins.
gjbrock
Beebe, AR
(Zone 7a)

September 3, 2006
12:28 AM

Post #2685916

I will try to bring an Earthquake cake and a casserole of some description and a marinated garden vegetable salad
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2006
2:19 AM

Post #2686214

what's an earthquake cake, sounds neat,

I've got this recipe for baked chicken tetrizini, it's a huge dish, i'm gonna bring that. maybe something else too

a salad of some kind sounds good

kathy
edenawaitsme
Augusta, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 3, 2006
12:42 PM

Post #2686976

Kathy, earthquake cakes are delicious! They have devil's food chocolate cake, coconut, cream cheese, sometimes nuts, and others I can't think of, but man oh man they are so yummy.

You guys are making me hungry, lol. It all sounds wonderful ;).
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2006
4:30 PM

Post #2687552

oh wow, i'm gonna have to to off the ol diet then for sure LOL

judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

September 7, 2006
1:43 PM

Post #2699960

bump
edenawaitsme
Augusta, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2006
12:51 PM

Post #2705458

I am bringing water, but if any of you like something else please be sure to bring it. That way everyone gets what they want without having to spend alot of money =). I will have plenty of ice.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2006
1:24 PM

Post #2705566

If I make it, I'll bring my banana split pie and maybe some rotel and chips. How does that sound?

NancyAnn
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2006
1:40 PM

Post #2705592

Sheila, if you have some pitchers or gallon jugs, I could bring some Crystal Light packages and mix up some sugar free drinks. What do you think?
edenawaitsme
Augusta, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2006
1:52 PM

Post #2705627

I have one of those igloo coolers that has a spicket.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 9, 2006
2:50 PM

Post #2705758

I think the crytal light idea, is great! I am certain that I can bring a cooler for extra ice and drinks. Also, I may bring something that is not sweet. I am not certain what that will be. I may have to go to Sam's and see what they have that will look like I slaved over a hot stove and cooked for hours ;o) I have to work Friday...I have to be there at 6 a.m. (I think I need to retire again!) So, I will not be making anything really big or time consuming. Any ideas?
edenawaitsme
Augusta, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2006
5:02 PM

Post #2706072

Duckmother, I will make a hot dish for you so you won't have to worry about it ok. Just make up some of those chocolate scotcheroos, if you can. They can be made in advance ;). Either way sweety just come on down. We will have plenty. I am thinking of making a potato dish with cheeses, garlic, butter, salt, pepper, oh and yes cheese, lol. My mom said she could make a huge pot of chicken in dumplings or my snl makes an excellent chicken soup. We will have plenty Duckmother, so don't even worry about it all all.

Just something to think about...if you bring your dish in a disposable container that is one less thing you have to worry about later =).
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 9, 2006
6:06 PM

Post #2706238

YUM YUM YUM!!!!! Okay, I will bring choc. scots. But, if you change your mind or need anything else, let me know.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 13, 2006
2:11 AM

Post #2717545

I'm changing my salad to some sort of veggie dish since I have that in the freezer and won't have to buy anything. Hope this is ok.

Do we have plenty of dinner, desert, veggie, to go around with what we've posted here?

I'm still bringing the chicken tetrazini casserole and some veggie dish.

I saw alot of maybes posted that they might come, sheila do you have a definite amount? or is that kind of up in the air?
edenawaitsme
Augusta, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 13, 2006
11:10 AM

Post #2718300

I have dmailed everyone that was a maybe more than once for a reminder the first time, then an rsvp the second, but I have not recieved an answer yet. Maybe later today because I mailed again last night. As long as everyone who comes brings a dish, then we should be fine on everything.
judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

September 15, 2006
4:58 PM

Post #2726556

You all have fun and remember to take LOTS of pictures!!!!

Judy

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America