Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Central Midwest Gardening: Help with Gift

Communities > Forums > Central Midwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Central Midwest GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
slfiddes
Peoria, IL

August 29, 2006
1:44 PM

Post #2671151

Help - I live in Central Illinois - I have a girlfriend living in Oklahoma (Zone 7a) who I want to send a memorial in honor of her daughter who passed - I would like it to be something she could plant (rose bush, small tree, etc) but I don't know what would be good for that area - Any suggestions from anyone would be so much appreciated
luv2dig2006
Lonoke, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 29, 2006
6:30 PM

Post #2672147

slfiddes,

I am so sorry for your friend's loss. My heart goes out to her.

Recently, I started an area like that in my yard...sort of a "memorial" for my grandparents whom I adored. I planted a hibiscus because the blooms reminded me so much of them both. I think this is a wonderful gift for your friend. A hibiscus would do well there , I am in zone 7b and wouldn't think it's that different. Those little tea rose bushes have also done well here. I don't like mine as well as I thought I would, and I basically ignore it...it just blooms and blooms just to spite me I believe !

I'm sure your friend will appreciate you thinking of her in this way!
Brinda
Yukon, OK
(Zone 7b)

August 29, 2006
6:36 PM

Post #2672162

slfiddes,
How very nice and what a special gift that will be for your friend. I too am very sorry for her loss.

Can you tell me where or what part of Oklahoma your friend lives? That could make a difference.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Central Midwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
You have to guess what this is - it's in my garden. LOL crystalnurse 181 Sep 22, 2010 10:54 AM
dahlias-How to store allysgram 18 Apr 18, 2007 4:39 PM
Stargazer Lily Bulbs Question cedarnest 19 Jul 3, 2007 8:42 PM
Let's go gardening! Terry 12 Jun 21, 2014 10:28 PM
Speaking of winter MaryinLa 5 Mar 3, 2007 2:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America