Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tgif
Starkville, MS

August 29, 2006
1:48 PM

Post #2671173

Any one planning on going to the festival in West Point, MS this Saturday?

I usually go early, hit the book sale at the library, the antiques area and do a little more wandering after that. I'm not sure what I will do this year as there is also an auction I would like to go to in Columbus and I don't know if my hubby will want to do both with me.

If the weather doesn't get any better, I might not do either!
ginni
judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

August 29, 2006
2:23 PM

Post #2671290

What's the auction is Columbus??

Judy
tgif
Starkville, MS

August 29, 2006
2:36 PM

Post #2671346

This is the second auction for this particular estate. The man was a *long* time collector of antiques and even though this is the second run there is a *lot* of wonderful "stuff" on the block. Lots of furniture, crockery, old toys and glassware.

www.cookauction.com for pics and listing.
ginni
judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

August 29, 2006
2:51 PM

Post #2671399

Ginni

Look at this one, it's in EUPORA, MS They have some great stuff listed!!
http://www.cookauction.com/9_02_06_Current_Auction.html

Judy

tgif
Starkville, MS

August 29, 2006
3:17 PM

Post #2671480

Yep, you got it. This is actually the auction I was planning on going to. The flyer I got is just a tad confusing! I was reading on the back page and it has the info for the 'part two' auction in Columbus on Sept 30th! So, maybe I can hit them both! Eupora isn't much farther away than Columbus, so I'll just point the Jeep in the other direction this Sat.

I may skip Prairie Arts and just do the auction in Eupora to make the day a little easier. Over the last years PA has gotten to be a bit repetitive and less interesting than it used to be. If you have never been to it, it can be loads of fun, but I have been going for 20+ years and can take a break without missing a thing.

I know in advance that the auction will be a frustrating time as the Cooks aren't the best organized people in the auction business, but most times they do have things worth waiting for.

Any chance of you being able to make it to either one?
ginni
luvplantsinms2
Eupora, MS

August 29, 2006
4:56 PM

Post #2671844

Oh Gosh, I hope my oldest daughter doesn't find out about this one..she's got so much she hasn't got room for it and still buys..she did go to another one in Eupora..I think they have an antique auction once a mo..Ruth might know more..anyway..she did come home with some good things at good prices from one of those monthly ones..she is letting me BORROW a bench that DH refinished for her that I fell in love with. The one I'm talking about is inside..you might want to check into that one also Ginni..sounds cooler. I like such, but I have so much in my house that I can,t use anything else...hubby would fuss big time..actually he does anyway..need to get rid of so much..we built this house 4 yrs. ago..prior to that we had lived in Italy..we went over with 4 1/2 crates and came back with 12 1/2 if that tells you why I don't need to go to an auction.
Carolyn

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America