Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jogden
East Saint Louis, IL

August 31, 2006
5:17 AM

Post #2677577

I have taken care of my mother now for 10 years. She has multiple problems, which includes Osteoporosis and I think we just broke the double digits as to the number of compression fractures in her spine. Due to the pain it has been hard to get comfortable, and it isn't easy to help postion her in the double sized adjustable bed. My cousin and I put our heads together with the loast fracture and put the old proch swing frame up and over her bed with a rope handle attached so she could pull on it and moves herself up like she would have if she was in the hospital with a trapeze over her bed. With this topic and the fact it is on a gardening site, there are probably several people who have parents in bed, and or an extra old swing frame they don't know what to do with.

Only problems we have had are ran the cats using it as a balance beam!

Jo

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Caregivers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
The caregivers forum dave 96 Jun 3, 2013 5:25 PM
VA pay for daycare! Nebraska_Jewel 10 Jun 1, 2008 1:58 AM
Please - Do Not Neglect to Prepare a Living Will! june_nmexico 5 Aug 25, 2009 4:04 AM
Soft foods for Elderly mariajose 15 Oct 12, 2007 10:59 AM
TV remote control for vision-impaired person Pinetucky 10 Jul 22, 2008 10:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America