Anyone have opinions about the car of tomorrow NASCAR?

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I don`t think it is good that they try to equalize the playing field that much? Is it stock car raceing even now, with the car of tomorrow, it will not be. Are we going to be able to buy one? NO!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I haven't heard about this yet. What exactly are they doing or trying to do? I work with several NASCAR fans also so they will be curious too.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

This coming year they will be introducing us to a prototype car body, that was engineered for aero,safety and somehow cost. All teams will drive the same car, we think they will still have their own motors though, but were not sure. I was hoping you guys knew more details. I think they are going to only use it in a couple races this coming season but eventually all races will go to that. yuck

I will ask them on tuesday and email one of them here in a bit. I hadn't heard about it until you mentioned it. That stinks!!! I think everyone should have a certain criterea to follow but still have enough room to be different. Guess we will have to wait and see.

(Zone 5a)

Best car races are the first ones, when people just took their cars out on the tracks. I get a kick seeing them skid around corners and such. They had the time of their life!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Yeah baby!

Oh yeah!! You can still see races similar to those earlier ones at dirt tracks. I live to go to the dirt track to watch the races. There's usually more action there than out at the big track in a neighboring town!!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

The race we saw Kevin Harvick at was just wild. He came during sonoma to surprize the owners of the track he started racing at in Bakersfield, because it was the farewell to the track that was forced to close due to developments near by and the local complaining about the noise. Hello, If that bothers you, DON`T MOVE BY A RACE TRACK. He sucked at the track because he just went all out, reckless, but it was fun to see.

(Zone 5a)

Dirt tracks and locals are fun!

We have that problem at a drag track in the city. It has been there probably 30 years or so and people are building big houses right next door and then complain about the noise. All the fans ganged up on them and said that they were there first and if they didn't like the noise then they shouldn't have moved there. As far as I know the track ain't going anywhere now thanks to loyal fans from all over the area and out of state. I have never been there but hope to one of these days. I am generally at dirt tracks. Used to go to tractor pulls but those are too loud, and used to go to the mud runs but the place we like to watch it at closed. Don't know why, the guy was making a ton of money. Oh well.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Here if you get enough law suits, people give up and get tired and broke

Ingleside, TX(Zone 9a)

IF IT'S TOO LOUD!! YOU'RE TOO OLD!! Anybody said that one? Been told that one?? Heard that one??? Shoot..nuthin like the sound of a roaring race car..to get the blood flowin!!

hugs to my NASCAR buddies!!

Randa

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

never ben told that. I`m 43 and I have hearing loss from when I worked in a machine shop drilling titanium, so too loud is a relative term, but too old NEVER. hugs back. The Nascar cup Banquet is today, I think.

(Zone 5a)

This is looking towards the ''starting line'' of the road the locals ''drag raced'' on when I was a kid.

I love to feel the roar go thru my body. They make pretty nice headphones these days too. I'm sort of hard of hearing, so I use mine when I mow.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

It looks like Ohio, I am having a flashback of Home. I missed the Nascar banquet, it was on when I was at Church. Oh well. What Sport do you like, Basketball< FOOTBALL? I used to be a Cleveland Browns fan and then when there was no team, I liked the Packers, but I just lost interest after so many years od doing crappy. ho hum. Thats why I like Cars and Motorcycles, they`l never disappoint.

Ingleside, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey hellnz!! Shoot, I been hard of hearing since the age of 4..Surgery related..but that's another story..Most things are never too loud for me..In fact, loud helps! LOL! How ya been???

Nice to see other hard of hearing people on here. I am hard of hearing also and it was diagnosed when I was four though we don't know how long I was that way before then. I wear hearing aids and kinda read lips to help me get along. I love going to a dirt track about 20 miles or so away to hear and feel the deep rumble. Saying that now reminds me of the cheese comercials with the cows. The ground starts shaking and they go "ahhhh" thinking its an earthquake made just for massaging their feet. LOL. One of my favorite commercials.

Ingleside, TX(Zone 9a)

Too kewl! I havent seen that commercial..I, too lip read..Hearing aid wont help my left ear..Lost 70 percent of hearing in my right ear when a drunk ran off the road.hit a car..and they both hit me..needless to say, I havent much use for folks who drink and drive..I think an aid would help the right one, but those things have gotten outrageous!
It can be comical in our house..My DH has hearing loss due to loud machinery..before the days of safety for hearing...Misinterpretations are common! Thank goodness we are aware and can readily see the puzzled looks on each other's faces when a question is answered waaaaay off base!!

LOL. People always give me funny looks too when I misunderstand them. I have lost probably 80% of my total hearing counting both ears. I am able to wear hearing aids because of the hospital I went to til i got to old for them. I will have to replace these probably next year because they ususally only last 5 years and I'm getting near that. We have no idea how I lost my hearing. We don't know if I was dropped on my head or if something else happened. We will never know.

I can't stand drunk drivers either. I have to grip the steering wheel to keep from doing anything but driving.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

About 10 years ago I invested in my friends father`s invention that makes deaf people hear, even the ones with nerve damage. It worked to some degree or another on all the people they tried it on, last I knew except one, it had parts that became obsolete and the parts they found that were similar made the device not work well or at all, then they found some place that still had the old parts but the inventor was not good in business and dealing with the perspective buyers so all the non paid board members said they would not do anything with it until the inventor passes away. He is old and has poor health so I don`t know if they willl persue it and I got tired of asking and no one telling. It is remarkable though. It can be used under water too and they said it was like the voice of God saying DO THIS, but without sound but you still knew what was said . This guy made the original crude draft of the fetal heart monitor and donated it to Childrens hospital in LA>

This message was edited Dec 12, 2006 11:15 AM

(Zone 5a)

Wow Hellnzn, that sounds really neat. I hope someone pursues it.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Me too. It has been just sitting there for too many years. They keep their ears to the ground and see if anyone else has technology similar to it and so far no but it is a loss to the people who need it. You know the deaf community itself may not want to hear but the ones who lost it through age or injury , later in life may want it. This devise only requires one. Police and pilots can use it and underwater divers can communicate through it too. I could get rich. lol I think it is such a shame that they have to wait for Charles to die before they do anything with it.

(Zone 5a)

It's a shame to put something that works on the shelf. I hope you do get rich!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I doubt it and his kids were really good friends of ours(me and my x) but not so much now. I know they are very much into money and I don`t know if they could if they wouldn`t try to gain a new patent with all the investors money and exclude us all from it. I use to know them well and they were really good friends but now I am not sure what they even think of us because we never hear anything from them or about the devise. The last time I talked to the wife she said something may be happening but I never heard a word about it since and that was a year ago probably. They have a really great and generous side so I would hope they would not do anything mean like that to any of us but He really is materialistic and he use to get mad if I would ask about his dad(the inventor) because he thought I had some money motive. I just loved his dad and he always embraced us as part of the family. wierd. ha?

(Zone 5a)

Yep. Money changes people. Do you have a written record of investing?

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

oh ya and the government determines how original investors, invest.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

now we know, what did you think, we liked it, seemed more like stock cars, interesting to mix it up a bit and yet still the same people finish in front. Did anyone noticed my Jamie is in 17th place now, even with two dnf`s. Oh ya thats what I`m talkin about. I suck on my fantasy team but #26 is what I really care about. The game is a bonus back up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images