Gardening Magazines

Oregon City, OR(Zone 8b)

Hi. I'm relatively new to gardening and am try to expand my knowlegde. Are there any particular gardening magazines that you recommend and/or enjoy?

Also, this doesn't really come in the mail, but are there any books that you use alot or have found really helpful?

Thanks a bunch.

-Sarah

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Sarah,

I like the Gardening-How-To magazine put out by the National Home Gardening Club.

I also like to get a daily newsletter from Arca Max. Additionally I get one pertinent to southern and coastal gardening, but they probably have one that's useful in your area.

I only sign up for those newsletters that I want to receive. Here: http://www.arcamax.com/gardening Subscribing is free and once you finish up that part, you won't get any more of those pop up ads. (geesh that WAS annoying)

Molly
:^))))

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

My favorite magazines are
Fine Gardening
Horticulture
The English Garden
Garden Design
I am so happy when one of these comes in the mail, I put it away and save it till I can take time to read it cover to cover with my morning coffee. I do like some of the other magazines, but these are the ones I subscribe to and cannot do without.
Rebecca

Westford, MA(Zone 6a)

Does anyone know if The English Garden magazine has been discontinued? When I try to subscribe online, I get a page not found error, and when I call the number they provide, it goes to the National Rifle Association! Um, no.

At Amazon.com, you have to select the subscription type (with one year being the only option), but when I click, nothing happens.

I noticed the above post is almost 3 years old, so perhaps the magazine is no longer in print.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

My most favorite US magazine is Garden Gate Magazine, next is Fine Gardening. I subscribe to a few from Canada, which would probably not be of interest since you are so far south.

Fremont, OH(Zone 5b)

I have been getting Garden Gate for years.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I am pretty new, but i like garden gate and the national home gardening magazine

Mebane, NC(Zone 7b)

My favorite gardening magazine is Organic Gardening. Very informative on how not to use chemicals! :)

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

As for books, I have about 10.
1.The Random House Book of Perennials (2 volumes) was originally published in Great Britain.
2. Passalong Plants is great for getting plants from family and friends (sometimes swapping) and finding them at old homesites. It's funny, too.
3. Better Homes and Gardens "Gardening in the Shade." I have a lot of shade here
4. From the publisher of Organic Gardening, " Perennial All Stars." I use this a lot
Our library also has used book sales in the lobby and a huge one once a year in our large public room. The AAUW also has a book sale once a year. Another place to look is thrift shops.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images