Kazooie...it's up now...north Oregon in 3 - 5 days page

Beaverton, OR

So I made the page after all. Now, over weeks or month, I can start adding restaurants, coffee shops, chowder houses and motels.

It's the visit Oregon if you only have a few days page.

http://www.mdvaden.com/oregon_tour.shtml

Seems to cover plenty of territory that you mentioned in your other reply.

Thumbnail by mdvaden
Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

looking good! i like all the little tibbits that you put in with your descriptions about each of the places. that little extra info is great to have when someone is planning a trip. and you are right, there is no place good to eat in tillamook. i think i stopped at the subway for a bite to eat when i passed through there. if i know anyone who is going to oregon, i will send them the link to your site.

Beaverton, OR

Wow....there is a Subway in Tillamook !! Maybe that's two decent places. Although, the Subway in Seaside was not near as consistently good as the Subways near Beaverton and Tigard where we used to live.

We were even given a name of a supposedly good restaurant by a Tillamook resident, and the food was just pasty tasting. I wouldn't experiment there anymore, unless a reliable source provided a name.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I enjoyed Nehalem when I stayed there. Astoria always is fun. Nice layout and interesting way of presentation. Well done Mdvaden.

Beaverton, OR

Astoria certainly has that old town feel.

I doubt the news from here makes it your way, but their mayor just made the headlines in Oregon the past week.

He got his 3rd "DUI" (drunk driving), and still plans to run for mayor again.

Anyhow, next time I get up north, from our south Oregon location, Astoria's seafood is on my agenda. I can't get enough clam chowder.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

We had a county comissioner who got 5 DUIs and he got them all in the county truck. He didn't have his own vehicle. He ran for comissioner to keep out all the "city slickers" that were invading his valley. Guess who is gone and who has taken over. We are even discussing county planning. What a novel idea that would have never stood a day with the DUI commisioner. Oh he was reelected 2 times after the 2nd DUI!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.