-
AuthorContent
BigDaddy99
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

September 9, 2006
9:32 PM

Post #2706772

Ran across two toys for us boys-- an electric garden cart that totes 200 pounds and a Ryobi brush cutter and string trimmer.

The cart from Neuton hauls my dog food from van to storage, potting soil (etc.) from tool shed to garden, and even dirt from the dozer droppings to the uneven places around the yard and drive. It's something that I had never thought of but can't get along without now.

The brush cutter/string trimmer was a surprise! Easy to start and light enough to forget you're "really working hard!" The fun part is that there are at least six attachments that can be used with the 1 hp engine-- a string trimmer, brush cutter, pruning saw, tiller, blower, edger... I only have two attachments now but if I do it right, Judy can get me another one for Christmas, Father's Day, Birthday, etc...

Work, work, work

Thumbnail by BigDaddy99
Click the image for an enlarged view.

luvplantsinms2
Eupora, MS

September 9, 2006
10:07 PM

Post #2706880

Yep, you can tell the boys enjoy the new toys..Precious..the dog that is BigDaddy..don't see you anywhere..LOL
Carolyn

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2006
10:37 PM

Post #2706977

I have one of thoses carts but my reverse went out the 1st week I had it so I just go in one direction. But I love it.

Jeri
BigDaddy99
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

September 9, 2006
11:47 PM

Post #2707259

Just finished with afternoon bulldog chores. Peanut wanted to ride in the cart. I told him to wait until I unloaded the potting soil. So he waited (a minute) and then got in, looked around, but when I started her up, ol' Peanut said it was too fast and jumped out...

Jeri: My control bar wouldn't work so I called them and they sent out a whole new assembly! They were very nice about everything... The 800 number is on the cart itself.

This message was edited Sep 9, 2006 7:00 PM

Thumbnail by BigDaddy99

judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

September 10, 2006
12:04 AM

Post #2707306

Poor innocent Peanut, I bet you scared the dickens out of him.

Peanut's Mama Judy
luvplantsinms2
Eupora, MS

September 10, 2006
12:38 AM

Post #2707385

That poor baby is checking things out..BigDaddy, you had better watch it with that baby..you will have a bunch of us women on you.. LOL..I'll bet you have a ball with Peanut!! Personality plus there!!
Carolyn

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 10, 2006
2:30 PM

Post #2708865

I e-mailed Neuton last night to see if there is something that can be done for my cart. When you push the red button and put the switch to reverse it still goes forward. Even without reverse I still love my cart. I weight about 110 lbs and it is so much fun to move stuff, finally that weights twice as much as I do.

Thank you for the advise.
Jeri
BigDaddy99
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

September 10, 2006
9:58 PM

Post #2710111

One more use of my (er... Judy's) garden cart: Laundry basket. I can put 4 loads of wash in the cart and buzz it up to the clothes line. Touch of the handle and it moves along with me as I hang up the laundry. This is dog laundry - bedding, etc.

This message was edited Sep 10, 2006 4:58 PM

Thumbnail by BigDaddy99

luvplantsinms2
Eupora, MS

September 10, 2006
11:54 PM

Post #2710408

Boy Judy, you have him trained right...LOL..BigDaddy what's a clothes line? That would suit my hubby fine, but I don't think he would hang them out..although he does do his whites..you can take the man out of the military, but you can't take the military out of a man..excuse I don't know about the women..don't mean to leave you out..I just have experience with mine here at home!!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America