Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

This one nearly made the "Mile High Club"....it's located near the 5000' contour at Whigg Meadows, Monroe County, TN., being just a "stones throw" west of the North Carolina line.

conifer50

Thumbnail by conifer50
Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

.....and a "close up"

Thumbnail by conifer50
Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

With that flagrant flaunting of fruit, I'd say that one DID make the "Mile High Club", with flying colors...

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

VV, you might as well put a "name tag" on this fruitfull specimen!!!......for me as well as other viewers.

conifer50

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

I didn't realize that I left conifer50 hanging with this one.

Reviewing the closeup pic, it looks like a big old Viburnum cassinoides to me. Serrate leaf margins, a little fuzz to the buds, and one extended flower bud in the background just above the top-right pedicel.

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for "cutting the noose loose"......'guess I should post current conditions at the North Pole's southern outpost!!!.....Clingman's Dome~6642'....Great Smoky Mountain National Park in background....

Thumbnail by conifer50
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Would the viburnum be nudum? Cassinoides is the northern subspecies of nudum while nudum ssp. nudum is the southern version. The plant in question doesn't quite look like the cassinoides in Newfoundland.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images