Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cooking: Families "secret" Fettucini Alfredo recipe :)

Communities > Forums > Cooking
bookmark
Forum: CookingReplies: 19, Views: 440
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cptspanky
Pine City, NY

September 27, 2006
3:41 AM

Post #2762269

First off I just wanted to say why I am sharing this. I really dont believe "unlike my father" that recipes should be secret in the first place... yea they are family tradition.. but why make such a beautiful thing like this.. and keep it secret???? With that said I hope EVERYONE tries this!!! It is sooooooooooo yummy and there are so many variations you can do its crazy!!

If anyone does this and likes it.. Please let me know as I have alot more sitting around :)

-Dave

Whats needed

1.As many noodles as you think you will need. If you use a whole box then make sure you double the alfredo sauce!
2.1 whole onion chopped
3.1 whole head of garlic "trust me!"
4.1 TBLS of italian seasoning
5.1 Jar of creamy alfredo sauce. "Cheaper than all the creams and stuff to make your own.. and you really cant taste the difference trust me I have done both ways"
6.Salt and Pepper to taste
7.2 Eggs
8.1 tsp of oregano
9.2 TBLSP Olive oil "extra virgin" If you have ever tasted olive oil strait from italy.. you will NEVER buy store stuff again!! It doesnt even taste the same or smell the same! Its worth it to look online how to get a-hold of it!!
10.Things that you love like mushrooms,chicken,meat,clams,spinache... good lord I have added about everything and it turns out awesome!

Ok first off.. Boil some water for your noodles while you chop up the onions and garlic.

In a big skillit put the olive oil,onions,garlic and salt/pepper in and fry until transparent then turn off. "You can add your special stuff if that needs to cook as well at that point"

Only cook the noodles till they bend.. dont cook them like you normally do!

Add them all together with the rest of the ingrediants in the large skillit. And simmer until the noodles look done stirring quite often. If things get a little too thick dont be afraid to add some milk here and there!

Right at the end when things look good add the two eggs and let them get into the mix and solidfy

Cover until the rest of what your preparing is done then serve with a yummy red wine!!

I hope you all try this and let me know if you like.!!

Dave
luna_baby
On the banks of the , VA
(Zone 7a)

September 27, 2006
12:54 PM

Post #2762787

*printing this out*

This looks yummy.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 28, 2006
3:19 AM

Post #2765286

Printing this out as we speak. Sounds soooooo good.

Depsi

Depsi
Orofino, ID
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2006
8:22 PM

Post #2843635

Hi Guys, I have a question about Alfredo Sauce in a jar...can I use it as the base for Macaroni & Cheese by adding chedder & Velveeta cheese to the sauce? Deb
cptspanky
Pine City, NY

October 24, 2006
4:12 PM

Post #2845790

I acually use CREAMY alfredo sauce alot in different recipes. It saves a ton of money on thickening ingrediants and just plain ol goes good with everything. I bet that would be awesome tasting!
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2006
4:19 PM

Post #2845808

I haven't found the jarred alfredo sauces to be very cheap...not complaining, I'll buy it anyway, but spaghetti sauces are much cheaper.

Depsi: I bet adding it into mac and cheese would be divine!
cptspanky
Pine City, NY

October 24, 2006
4:21 PM

Post #2845813

You are correct on the pricing.. BUT when you take in consideration all the things that go into true alfredo sauce... spending 1.70 for a jar of Two Brothers Alfrea sauce is worth it :)

Happy cooking

Dave
Posie4U
Mansfield, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 12, 2006
5:55 PM

Post #2907369

Dave, when I am unstuffed from Thanksgiving and sometime before Christmas stuffing, I am going to make your dish. It sounds so very tasty and satisfying to the taste buds.
cptspanky
Pine City, NY

November 13, 2006
2:49 AM

Post #2908844

I made some the other day with some olive oil that I had 4 cloves of garlic, some caiyan pepper, and some crushed red pepper soaking in for like 3 weeks. YUM
Kamikid
Thomasville, GA
(Zone 8a)

November 13, 2006
3:08 PM

Post #2909688

Do you put the 2 eggs on top and let them cook until they are done? Do you mix them up in the sauce after they are cooked?
cptspanky
Pine City, NY

November 16, 2006
12:57 AM

Post #2917503

What I do at the end is what makes it soooooo thick and creamy. I add the eggs right at the end and stir them in good! That way they have time to cook and solidify. "roughly 5 min more or so" Dont be afraid to add some milk at the end to thin things out!!!

-Dave
somermoone
Las Vegas, NV
(Zone 8a)

November 18, 2006
4:55 PM

Post #2924914

Just found this, will try the Alfredo, thanks!
It's my favorite over angel hair with chicken and brocolli.
Thanks again!
cptspanky
Pine City, NY

November 22, 2006
3:43 AM

Post #2935745

Please lemme know!! I have not gotten any responces back yet and am curious how others like it if they tried it :)

-Dave
Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 5, 2006
2:25 AM

Post #2969521

dave this was a great recipe. my picky 4 yr old even liked it. Please share more recipes.
cptspanky
Pine City, NY

December 7, 2006
3:57 AM

Post #2976676

Great! I have got an AWESOME recipe for mustard.. Since I've been making it... EVERY family memeber including extended asks me for it anytime they see me! :) I'll post it tomarrow after work

-Dave
chc831
Houston, TX

March 14, 2008
3:21 AM

Post #4661307

Dave, this was a great recipe. I stumbled across it in a Google search and am so glad that I did.
planolinda
Plano, TX

March 15, 2008
12:49 AM

Post #4665110

oh i am so glad i stopped here this evening!!! that recipe sounds so good and i never tried that alfredo sauce in the jar but now i sure will!!!
2manydogs5
Gordon, WI

June 6, 2010
4:10 PM

Post #7864761

Awesome!! I made it as soon as I read it and it is great! I will definately make it again.
rockthrower
Indianapolis, IN

June 8, 2010
8:59 AM

Post #7869668

Dave, I came across your "secret" recipe. I agree you should never keep a great recipe like that a secret. I am afraid to even think of the calories! I love any kind of Italian cooking, and I have been experimenting with a bunch of recipes. I got this great cookbook from Amazon written by Lisa Caponigri. She spent time in Italy and learned the secrets of the masters. I'll share some of my recipes and some of her's that I have tried so far. By the way, my family loved the recipe.
planolinda
Plano, TX

June 13, 2010
5:29 AM

Post #7883921

rockthrower i am looking forward to your recipes! and to some of the "secrets of the masters"!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America