Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Hollyhocks

rural Hughesville, MO(Zone 5b)

I was out working in my flower beds yesterday and noticed that I have lots of hollyhock plants started! I will keep an eye on them and have them for a Spring plant give away with whoever wants them!
Marilyn

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Join the club, Marilyn. LOL We have dozens at least popping up all over the yard as well as in nearly every one of the 20+ ground level beds. It hits the point that you have to get calloused and just dig them out or cut them off and treat the 'stump' with a product like Tordon.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Never have been able to grow them. Always liked them though.

Humansville, MO(Zone 6a)

I'm hopping that i've got one bed to the point it will raise hollyhocks they need very humas soil to do good

Bethany, IL(Zone 5b)

I planted some next to my outhouse (garden shed) this year and hope they bloom next year. Lots of bugs on the leaves, though. OOPS! Be careful...you have to turn the pic sideways!LOL

Thumbnail by bbdonks
Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Dave, someone forgot to tell ours to be choosy about the soil. We have so many they are more like weeds now. How many dozen starts or hundreds of seeds would you like to have? LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.