Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Plant ID if possible please....

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Hi

I took this photo earlier this year and have only just found it again...........
Does anyone know what this plant is called............ The label in the pot had gone missing (as they do)!!

Thank you

Mark

Thumbnail by Mr_Crocosmia
Heerlen, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

How pretty ! If I may say..it reminds me of some kind of Anchusa...could it be?

Hey............. No i don't think its a Anchusa.........!!!

Althought the colouring is quite similar................

Its ok, I have found the label at last

If anyone is interested.................. it is a Lindelofia Longifolia

Thank you

Mark

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Hey that's really pretty Mark! Where did you get that one from?

Hey Janet

Got it from a lady in Orkney................... yes it is very very pretty!!!!

(Zone 5a)

Mark that is a wonderful blue color! Lindelofia longifolia - never heard of it but it sure is pretty!

Not too many people have heard of it........................... its part of the Borage family............. and is native to Pakistan, Nepal areas!!

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Is the colour as vivid as it looks on the phot? If so, wow...pretty plant.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who loses the labels. They're there at the first, then they just seem to go walkabouts!!...I've lost count of the plants I've put in ,and then never know what it is/was..

Hi Sue
Yep the pic is exactly as the plant looks.......................

LOL..................... its not actiually me that loses the labels....................... the birds dig the labels out when looking for worms etc.......... Blackbirds are the worst for doing that!!!!!!

Yorkshire,

Mark, I agree about the Blackbirds, they throw my labels all over the garden, LOL
Your plant is very similar to one I found in Estonia earlier this year, it is the same vivid blue and also has the same hairy foliage. I mistook it for a member of the borage family. Your photograph is stunning!!
Here's my photograph of the Estonian one. The flowers are small but very eyecatching.

Terri

Thumbnail by Terri1948

Yep, that probably the same plant Terri...................... certainly looks very similar............ the flower on mine is also small................... but stands out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You mistook it for a member of the borage family??.............. so you know what it is called????

The Blackbirds are a real pain................ LOL, but you gotta love em!!!!!!

Mark

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Lindelofia longiflora
http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/cgi/gallery_query?q=Lindelofia

EXCATLY RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for that...................

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.