-
AuthorContent
mmistyrose
Benton, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 11, 2006
9:08 PM

Post #2808021

Is anyone here familier with growing Bell Peppers? The ones we had this year never produced eatable peppers. It seems that as the peppers were growing and trying to get to maturity (to be picked) they would rot. The plant seemed healthy except for that. I'm at a loss as to why that would happen. Our regular hot pepper plants produced good peppers. Just wanted to get some ideas before next year!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 11, 2006
11:33 PM

Post #2808358

This was a weird year for growing peppers and tomatoes. Normally I get a healthy crop of tomatoes, small but healthy, and my peppers don't do much. This year was the opposite. I had plenty of tomatoes but very few peppers. My coworkers had the same problem. Good crop of one but not the other. It was just a weird year.
mmistyrose
Benton, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2006
1:44 PM

Post #2809911

yeah...the tomatoes did really well for us too. But I've never had a plant that produced veggies that rotted before they were done and ready to pick. Not sure exactly what happened there. Like I said...the other peppers did fine although they didn't have bunches of them.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2006
10:43 PM

Post #2811498

Mine did the same thing and some of my mom's coworkers had the same problem. I have no idea why so I just blame it on the weird weather. lol

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Central Midwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
You have to guess what this is - it's in my garden. LOL crystalnurse 181 Sep 22, 2010 10:54 AM
dahlias-How to store allysgram 18 Apr 18, 2007 4:39 PM
Stargazer Lily Bulbs Question cedarnest 19 Jul 3, 2007 8:42 PM
Let's go gardening! Terry 11 May 13, 2008 1:11 AM
Speaking of winter MaryinLa 5 Mar 3, 2007 2:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America