-
AuthorContent
LeBug
Greenville, IN
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2006
12:51 AM

Post #2833353

Donít know where to post this if there is another place to go please let me know.
Iím having problems with the plant files, I always use the generalized search because I canít think of the Ďrealí names of the plants or Iím just searching to ID a plant, yesterday I tried to put fern in and it only came up with strawberry Ďferní. I have put fern in several times and get all kinds of ferns and now I canít. The same happens when I put vine in it comes up with apple Ďvineí, for a simple minded person like me things were going great in the plant files, now I have to know what Iím looking for to begin with, has this been changed lately, or is it just me? Am I just having one of my Ďmomentsí lol I just put in morning glory and it came up with :
Tropical Hibiscus 'Morning Glory'
Hibiscus rosa-sinensis
And
Echinopsis Hybrid 'Morning Glory'
Echinopsis

I just posted this in the Dave's Garden Discussion Forum, don't get around much other than the seed and plant trading forums lol

This message was edited Oct 19, 2006 8:59 PM

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2006
6:23 PM

Post #2838093

It's a glitch with the generalized search.

But the good news is, you can use the field-by-field search to look up a plant by its common name.

Here's what you get when you use it to search for Morning Glory (notice that's the only field I added anything to): http://davesgarden.com/pf/adv_search.php?searcher%5Bcommon%5D=Morning+Glory&searcher%5Bfamily%5D=&searcher%5Bgenus%5D=&searcher%5Bspecies%5D=&searcher%5Bcultivar%5D=&searcher%5Bhybridizer%5D=&search_prefs%5Bsort_by%5D=rating&images_prefs=both&Search=Search
LeBug
Greenville, IN
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2006
12:07 AM

Post #2838789

Yes Terry, after your other responce before you changed the threads too lol I went in and had no problem at all, thanks so much, how do you get around so much, I'm sure glad you do :-)
Lea

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other PlantFiles How-to's Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Why don't you follow the rules of nomenclature? Terry 1 May 31, 2008 3:40 PM
    Taxonomy changes coming in the PDB Terry 41 Oct 20, 2007 2:03 AM
    How do I search for what is reported to grow well near me? ceallachg 12 Aug 29, 2008 11:27 PM
    Meet your PlantFiles Editors Terry 44 Aug 26, 2010 1:35 AM
    Royalty lilac bigcityal 7 Aug 8, 2007 11:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America