AuthorContent
chacha1234
Ranchi
India

October 22, 2006
1:40 AM

Post #2838983

My Dear Friends,
Its a simple circuit (but its beyond my head!!! hehe!)
Please see the diagram (below):
[img]http://img9.imagepile.net/img9/47892ckt.jpg[/img]

Here through AB supply is given. C is a capacitor for charging and then discharging at the load end.
e-S/W is an electronic switch (I need the circuit for this switch) which when pressed, discharge the energy from the capacitor (just like a triggering action), but the electronic switch MUST NOT consume any power from the circuit, so that the amount of chraged energy equals the amount of discharging energy!

Requirement: (for this whole circuit)
1) about 10-20J energy;
2) Voltage ~ 200V;
3) Current ~ 5A.

ACTUALLY WHAT NEED IS:
I need to know the exact amount of energy charged to the capacitor and the exact amount of energy discharged at the load end.

I need your HELP, friends ! Can you suggest any electronic switch circuit for the above?

If u need any data may post here OR pm me.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2006 10:17 PM

This message was edited Oct 21, 2006 10:24 PM

Thumbnail by chacha1234
Click the image for an enlarged view.

trois
Santa Fe, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 18, 2006
7:43 PM

Post #2925277

Can the electronic switch have it's own power supply? A sensitive triac would consume a very small amount of energy, but a mechanical switch would consume less. Good luck.
Remember, nothing is free in electronics.
jbelectric777
Irvine, PA

February 26, 2007
3:47 AM

Post #3225676

Is the switch circuit mechanical or solid state, because I use the circuit you have shown as an arc supression to extend life on my relays dry contacts. The arc from the load (5A is enough to pit them bad over time) is suppressed and/or absorbed by the capacitor.
trois
Santa Fe, TX
(Zone 9b)

February 26, 2007
4:02 AM

Post #3225707

I believe it is stated as an electronic switch. A mechanical switch would consume a very small amount of energy by virtue of contact resistance.
jbelectric777
Irvine, PA

February 27, 2007
1:52 AM

Post #3228584

I guess we would need more information on the electronic switch as mentioned previous. Maybe you can get a manufacturer name and part number. We are not going on much information. But being a switching device of semi-conducting material we can assume a very very small load especially with the capacitor in the circuit. I have never seen one so I am hesitant to even try to calculate it until we knew more about the component.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2007
2:18 PM

Post #4092811

- CMOS - Capacitive Metal Oxide Semiconductor - very low drain, but very static sensitive. - Good luck!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Electronics Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Apple Ipod Nano Gwendalou 5 May 16, 2007 5:22 PM
Need Circuit Help Marth164 2 Oct 17, 2007 2:25 PM
MP3 advice anastatia 3 Mar 3, 2007 9:35 AM
DISH remote? anastatia 2 May 5, 2007 8:04 PM
TV problems blmlb 4 Apr 5, 2007 10:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America