Tractor question...engine oriented.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Welp, figgered I'd start here in this forum since so many of us rely on tractors.

My tractor (J. Deere diesel) is only running on two of its 3 cylinders. At first I thought I had air in the injector lins so I cranked it up, put it at a good throttle speed and loosened No.1; the rpm dropped as it should and the fuel was running just fine. Did the same with No. 3, throttle dropped and fuel was running just fine. However, on the No. 2 line when I loosened it there was no throttle drop (rpm) so that told me only 1 and 3 were firing. The fuel seems to be spitting just fine thru the injector line.

Is there something else I should be looking for? No plugs on a diesel to check but surely there is something similar. (Guess you can tell I haven't worked on many diesel engines, eh?)

Many thanks. (Can't stand a piece of machinery not running like it's s'posed to!)

Shoe.

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!