Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Weather: November's daily weather, seasons are a changing!

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 226, Views: 1,000
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2006
2:56 AM

Post #2870715

Please drop by here and keep us posted on what's happening in your neighborhood.
Your pictures and reports are enjoyed and welcome.
As your roving weather lady (LOL) I am in
Toledo, Ohio.
42.6 F / 5.9 C
Clear
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 26 F / -3 C
Wind: 5.4 mph / 8.7 km/h from the North
Wind Gust: 9.6 mph / 15.4 km/h
Here's that colorful pond in Pa.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2006
7:41 AM

Post #2871046

Good morning all! Hope you had fun yesterday on Halloween! We don't have that here - kind of miss it - at least for my girls ...

It's warming up a bit, still pretty dark, light breeze, overcast and 40F. Sunrise will be at 9:11 (in half an hour) and sunset will be at 5:12. The days of going to school in the dark are here :-(

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 1, 2006
9:56 AM

Post #2871093

Good Morning Every body! It's dark here, as well. It has rained sometime during the night & the temp is at 57*! That's pretty warm in my book.
Wow Sidney, we had 800? That's Great! You're the Best weather lady! :-D
Rannveig, I don't think I would like to go to school in the dark...Before the time changed I was going in the dark & didn't much care for it. Now (last night) I'm coming home in it. Here is another pic of the Native Holly.

Well got to get ready for school...at the moment we are studying plants! Yipee!! We discected a Star Gazer Lily on Monday.

Have a great day All!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2006
11:36 AM

Post #2871239

Good Morning everyone!
We're expecting company this weekend, so Kelli - I'm in your spot now - gotta get the 14 y/o room clean today. So much fun~
Joey - pretty tree/sky pic! Start Gazer lilies are one of my favorites! Even the boys walk past them and say "Mmmmmmm! That holly is huge!
Sidney - that pic is off the charts gorgeous!!
We had 1 little princess for Halloween - I guess next year I'll stop buying candy. At least I have 3 men well over 6' to eat the remaining. I did retain 1/2 a package of almond kisses for moi!!! They'll never find them!

Our high today is 81
Fog
Temp: 66F
Humidity: 94%
Wind Speed: CALM
Barometer: 30.05 in.
Dewpoint: 64F
Heat Index: 62F
Wind Chill: 66F
Sunrise: 6:40 AM EST
Sunset: 5:38 PM EST
Getting darker earlier everyday! Took this yesterday at work, if you can see the white SUV just behind the trees, that's where I first saw the egret. He moved off to the right after I parked and snpped more pics! I love these trees...

Thumbnail by MySharona

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2006
12:31 PM

Post #2871371

Nice photos Joey and Sharon! Joey that holly is huge! If you ever get berries we need to talk swap - I'd love to try it ;-)

I really don't get the daylight saving clock changing thing - I hate when the sun sets before 5 pm - it shortens the day too much ... I hate getting up in the dark too, but still ... I woudn't want sunset at 4:12 ... yet. I think we're the only ones in Europe that don't change the clocks, so now we have the same time as Britain and only an hour behind W-Europe.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2006
1:58 PM

Post #2871639

We had over 100 trick-or-treaters here. We're in the closest neighborhood to a BIG aparment complex and right down the road from some others, so we always get a lot of kids. My older bunny, who is 5, got to dress up in her kitty cat outfit and pass out the candy again this year, which she thought was SO fun! Between "customers" we tried to kill all of the mosquitoes that came in when the door was open. Since all of the rain we got last week, we have a huge bumper crop of mosquitoes now. Grrr...

Current conditions: There is a 20% chance of rain today and tonight, and then it is supposed to clear up again.
Mostly Cloudy 62F (17C)
Humidity: 73 %
Wind Speed: N 8 MPH
Barometer: 30.06" (1018.3 mb)
Dewpoint: 53F (12C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 1, 2006
3:41 PM

Post #2871968

A new month and a wonderful start with photos that really make this just so enjoyable.
It's 7:30am, 23 degrees and with the porch light on, can see fog...that's makes for pretty objects as it freezes all over things. After daylight we'll see what's happened.
Yesterday's photo of the road, shows the opposite direction of Palmer. It ends up at the top of the photo.
kiska
alaska
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2006
7:20 PM

Post #2872596

Marylin what a cute kittie you bunny is ... well you know what I mean :-) Sounds like you had a busy night yesterday!

Kiska - looking forward to the photos!
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2006
8:33 PM

Post #2872825

We have had at least some sunshine here for 3 out of the last 4 days. It sure does lift the spirits. I don't care how cold it gets--as long as the sun shines every once in a while. I've been trying to get some things done out in the yard now that it's started to dry up a bit. Got the fall bulbs planted on Monday and mulched a bed on Tuesday. Still a lot of cannas to dig though as well as leaves to mulch and put on the compost pile.

Sumac is a weed tree but the foilage sure can be spectatular in the fall.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 1, 2006
8:37 PM

Post #2872843

It's time for the noonish update: very calm out, the fog is beginning to do it's work on surfaces. I found this spider web a few minutes ago covered with crystals from the fog.
It's 25 degrees, high of 28 expected.
Just saw your leaves, they look hand-painted...very pretty
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 1, 2006
8:48 PM

Post #2872870

Another noontime photo of the backyard.
sidney - your fall foliage/lake is so nice to see. thanks
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2006
9:06 PM

Post #2872931

EB - astonishing colors!
Kiska - that is so pretty! Would the snow normally be there to stay for the winter by this time, or could you expect warm spells? I keep expecting all this beautiful snow to be rained out and turned to slush ;-) That's what usually happens here after a few days ...
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 1, 2006
9:18 PM

Post #2872955

Rann - hopefully, and normally, it is here to stay as the temp remains below 32 day and night..the ground is freezing so all melting, just refreezs and makes for icy conditions..
kiska

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2006
9:20 PM

Post #2872962

Lucky you, I'd much prefer that to the constant slush and melting and refreezing mess we get here :-) Snowcover is much kinder to the plants, like a snug blanket.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 1, 2006
9:25 PM

Post #2872973

Yes, it really does make it a "cleaner" winter if it stays below freezing.
This is our "apple" tree with it's blanket...
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 1, 2006
9:45 PM

Post #2873021

Good Afternoon Ya'll! (using my southern mountain dialect! or Appalachian twang). It's Balmy 62*! as it is getting dark...
Rannveig, you can have all the holly you want, but I'll need to do some checking up to see what I need to do in preparation ;-)
Early, That's Great contrast!
Kiska, you are really making me want snow...I know that I have to be careful what I wish for :-))
Marylyn, Your "bunny" is a real cutie...I always thought it more fun to treat than to go out to "collect".
Sharon, I've got 6+ footers, too. They'll eat anything & Everything!

Well, gotta play with the poochie & fix supper...

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2006
9:46 PM

Post #2873025

Marylyn - Your little kitty cat is adorable!
EB - those leaves are beautiful
Kiska - I'm in awe of mother nature...she does a wonder job with snow and ice!
We've been cloudy today, no rain, it's kept the heat down. We're at 75 now.
My Powder Puff has more blooms...

Thumbnail by MySharona

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

November 1, 2006
10:04 PM

Post #2873068

Joey, BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! I don't need snow yet, too new here.

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 1, 2006
10:33 PM

Post #2873160

OOOooooops! Sorry Darius! I can't hepp it :-D I really like the 1st heavy wet snow that puts a white & pure blanket on things;-) I know most people don't, but it is sooooo BE-YU-TEE-FUL the way it hangs on the trees...I just like all of the seasons. They each have a untiqueness.

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2006
10:35 PM

Post #2873163

Kiska - I'm with Joey - your pics make me want snow as well - just a little bit!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2006
10:36 PM

Post #2873167

Joey - we posted at the same time! Look at that fern peeking around the trunk of the tree!

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 1, 2006
10:52 PM

Post #2873233

Yes, it was peeking at me! :-D
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2006
11:48 PM

Post #2873426

Sidney, that pond is beautiful. I'll have to try and visit that Pennsylvania place someday:)

I agree rannveig, there is nothing worse then a constant thaw/freeze cycle that turns everything sloppy, muddy and ugly.

kiska, I'm really enjoying your photos of Alaskan winter. Do you get northern lights in your area very often?

Joey, nice fall colors. I dug up a photo of one of the steelhead I caught while fishing the creek here in town. Kind of small as steelhead go but still lots of fun.

early_bloomer

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2006
12:34 AM

Post #2873553

Wow, I'm in Walleye country right now. It would be great to go fishing. Can you eat Steelhead?
Kiska I love the way frost makes a spider web look and Marylyn what a precious kitten!
Well the high in Toledo 47.7 F / 8.7 C, low 32.7 F / 0.4 C.
Now it's;
39.7 F / 4 C
Clear
Humidity: 42%
Dew Point: 20 F / -7 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 8.3 mph / 13 km/h
At home in Jax;
72.0 F / 22.2 C
Mostly Cloudy
Sidney

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2006
12:47 AM

Post #2873600

Ohhhh! Neat-O! E_B! I'm likin' this Aquaculture thing more & more! We are going next Tuesday to stock fingerling rainbow at an experimental raceway in Boone, Co., W.Va. and I can't wait! How much does that one weigh? It's pretty hefty, but I'm used to rainbow & the native brown. Trout is such good eatin'.

It is pourin' the rain! Just think of how much snow that would be...10 inches of snow for every inch of rain...
(sorry Darius);-)

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2006
1:00 AM

Post #2873638

Joey now behave yourself and don't go upsetting Ms Darius!!!
I forgot to mention the Sumac leaves. They are so pretty and my love of foliage like that is most likely the basis for my incurrable addiction to Coleus.
So much color without a flower in sight.
I surely miss them right now.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 2, 2006
3:04 AM

Post #2874053

It's nearly 7pm, 22 degrees, dark and foggy.
EB - sounds like you caught that Steelhead near your home, lucky you..
.if the night is clear, I always check for Northern lights; such a thrill to see no matter what shape they take.
I like the look of the forest floor with the ferns, very different.
and joey, an interesting field trip lined up; sure seems you love what you're doing...
Once again I find it so unusual to see houseplants outdoors, sugarweed; very nice.
kiska
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 2, 2006
3:07 AM

Post #2874066

Raspberries on ice this afternoon-
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 2, 2006
8:58 AM

Post #2874385

Kiska - I just LOVE the photo of your snow covered apples! Are those Malus sargentii??? I saw them when we were in Copenhagen and we were very puzzled by what they could be. Ended up picking one and openening them and were stunned to see they were apples. Bought one of my own this fall and sure hope i'll get some pretty "apples" some day :-)

Sharon your powder puff is so pretty. Never knew what they were called but always loved the look of them :-)

EB - that is a nice sized fish!
Joey - love your forest photos - those ferns are so pretty! And thanks :-)

Almost forgot - the weather : It's going to be a very wet day, raining already and later today we'll have strong winds to go with it. YUK! On the bright side it's very warm - almost 50F!! Sunrise was at 9:14, sunset will be at 5:08. That's 7 min. less that yesterday.

Have a nice day all!

Rannveig
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2006
10:08 AM

Post #2874418

Good Morning! It's going to be another warm one for us (high today is 81), but tonight brings a cold front and our high tomorrow will be inthe 60's!! Not cold enough for snow, but cool! I'll get to bring out a long sleeve shirt and jeans! WooHooo!
Kiska - pretty pic of the raspberries!
Sidney love the coleus! I just bought some yesterday and it's so pretty! My garden isn't ready for pics yet, soon tho!
Rann - the Powder Puff is related to the Mimosa tree. The PP doesn't have that sweet scent tho.
Dense Fog Advisory
Temp: 63F
Humidity: 97% (GAG)!
Wind Speed: CALM
Barometer: 29.99 in.
Dewpoint: 62F
Heat Index: 63F
Wind Chill: 63F
Have a great day!
Sharon

Thumbnail by MySharona

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2006
12:16 PM

Post #2874620

Good Morning All ! It's 44*& raining off & on...
Sidney, I'll try to behave, but I will have trouble...no fun. :-) And those Coleous! I like them, too, but they are annuals here. Like MG's there are long gone...
Kiksa the Aqua. is getting more interesting all the time. I have already fixed my schedule for next semester. I will have 2 practicums next semester (of 80 hrs. each) & a microbiology lab, But I will have 3 Aqua. classes. In the spring we will be doing egg fertilization & other cool stuff.
Rannveig, I did some checking on the holly, And ~ all I have to do is collect the berries & let them dry! :-)) I thought that maybe I would have to sent you plants...but seeds would be much easier.

Well, ... things to do...

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2006
12:42 PM

Post #2874681

Just wanted to say it somemore ~ Happy Birthday ! Darius! Enjoy the day...:-D

Thumbnail by music2keep

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2006
1:28 PM

Post #2874800

Happy birthday darius!!!!

I'm back from the little hiatus I took...after the vacation, I got so behind that some stuff had to slide...and the weather forum was one. I'm doing a photo shoot in town this weekend...local festival called Autumn Jubilee...lots of activities on our courthouse square...high quality artisans, children's activities and live music. The part of the local government that plans such wants me to have a set-up for portraits while you wait. I get to make money though...it's not a donation thing. It's a service that they wanted to offer to the town and they contacted me. I should be able to buy Christmas with the money I earn on Sat.

Now, to the weather...it's turned off cool...high today is supposed to be in the upper 40's...but it's sunny. I'm really hoping that the 50's predicted for Sat gets a touch warmer...and we get low 60's. Since this is an outdoor event, It would make things much more comfy.

early_bloomer, I love sumac too...we have 3 kinds here in west KY and even though some folks call it a pest plant...I keep a plant or two in my 'wild bed'...(along with Goldenrod, Bidens and Joe Pye Weed) They are all wonderful natives and I give them a place to live...just not with my daylilies, roses and columbine.

The trees are about as good as they're going to get...some leaves have already fallen, but the oaks and hickories are stunning. Maples are about done for...and the Bradford Pears are breathtaking..(the ONLY time of year I like a Bradford) I'll try and get some pictures posted...my Arkansas pics are on the laptop. I got fall foliage along with cotton fields and rice fields...for those of you who have never seen cotton or rice growing.

Well, I'm back...I'll try and keep up with the weather here in the Upper South...oh, yeah. mosquitoes are stunted...but not gone yet...yuk.

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

November 2, 2006
2:10 PM

Post #2874952

Happy, Happy Birthday Darius!!!!!!!!

14 F / -10 C
Sunny with Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 10 F / -12 C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h from the West
Pressure: 30.45 in / 1031 hPa
Windchill: 3 F / -16 C
Visibility: 15.0 miles / 24.1 kilometers

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 2, 2006
3:38 PM

Post #2875208

Happy birthday wishes from here, too, Darius..
7:30am, 18 foggy degrees with highs in the 20's. Sunrise is getting later and sets earlier, so with the mts to block both as it slides along the horizon, gray is most often the color of the day. A clear blue sky is such a treat and brings with it glittering snow covered with ice crystals-well worth waiting for.
Rann: technically the apple tree is a crab apple, but they get no larger than a cherry and are unedible..however, the blossoms in the spring are spectacular. Sounds like quite a blustery day there; don't think I'd trade this morning...
Have fun with your photo shoot, Melody.
kiska
Holly's first snow last Nov., but looks the same today

Thumbnail by kiska

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2006
6:15 PM

Post #2875643

Joey a "steelhead" and a rainbow trout are genetically the same same beast the difference being that the steelhead has spent time in an ocean or deep, large lake. The more abundant food supplies available under these conditions accounts for the difference in size.

82.0(F), 22% - bright.

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

November 2, 2006
6:44 PM

Post #2875740

I didn't know that, Dyson. Thanks! (Maybe I should have married a fisherman)

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2006
7:28 PM

Post #2875866

Darius, maybe you could Teach your DH to be a fisherman...:-D
Dyson, steelhead (which are trout), trout, arctic char, & salmons are all classified as Salmonids; something I didn't know until I started taking these Aquaculture classes. It is so interesting! I am loving every second of it.:-D I also learned that the larger the body of water ~ the larger the fish can be. They aren't like people and quit growing after they reach a certain age. I always wonder why gold fish got really large in a pond...

The temp is 50* & very bright!. But the air still has somewhat of a bite!

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

November 2, 2006
7:39 PM

Post #2875897

Joey, if I had one, I would!
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 2, 2006
8:25 PM

Post #2876055

It's just after noon; the sun's out and it's very pretty.. Temperature is 25 degrees, no breeze to disturb the frost as it continues to grow ever longer on surfaces. Took this photo of a fence/gate with long frost "fronds" at noon today.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 2, 2006
8:29 PM

Post #2876068

One more taken near home this afternoon. House is left at the crest of the hill.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2006
10:18 PM

Post #2876323

48.9(F), 29%, dark

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2006
10:20 PM

Post #2876325

Darius, I hope that I haven't insulted or upset you...Please forgive me...I tend to assume too much.(sitting here mad at myself)

It's 43* & cooling down. It's supposed to get down into the low 20's.

Kiska, those are pretty pix.

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

November 2, 2006
10:36 PM

Post #2876375

LOL, Joey! Not much upsets me except missing a meal.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2006
10:59 PM

Post #2876434

Joey - your classes sound very intriguing! What will the end result be of the courses? What kind of job(s) could you apply for?
Melody - your photo shoot sounds like a lot of fun, be sure to post some pics!
Kiska - Your Holly was having fun! I love the way cats and dogs act in snow and their first time on grass. Neat pics!
Who else gets mistletoe in the winter?
Sylvester and the butterfly house...

This message was edited Nov 2, 2006 8:13 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona

cuckoo4rblackbe
Savannah, MO
(Zone 5b)

November 2, 2006
11:03 PM

Post #2876441

Northwestern Missouri It's been a beautiful but cool day here in this part of the midwest. We had a low of 24 degrees and lots of frost. 4 days ago on Sunday it was also beautiful and around 80 degrees!! Weather swings like this are common here but really warm days are pretty much over here. Have a great evening everyone.

Cuckoo

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2006
11:13 PM

Post #2876470

Darius...Whew!... Boy am I glad! Yippee!!

Sharon, I hope to work for the state DNR. I've been doing somemore checking & the guy we are supposed to meet Tuesday, may be my new boss! (keeping my fingers crossed). And the school I attend (BSC) has 100% job placement! Actually, my advisor thinks that I should go into the management end of it, but I don't know...

Welcome! Cuckoo

Thumbnail by music2keep

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2006
11:17 PM

Post #2876479

Well first off, Happy Birthday Darius.
Your friendship is a real 'perk' of Dave's Garden and I wish you many happy years.
Here is a little gift for you http://home.att.net/~hideaway_fun/442/planet.htm (Give it time to load and turn-up the volume)
Well, it was warmer in iceland than here in Toledo today.
28º here and 82º at home in Jax. They will be cooler tomorrow and it will be warming up here.
Sidney

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

November 2, 2006
11:24 PM

Post #2876509

What a cool site! Thanks Sidney.
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 3, 2006
1:45 AM

Post #2876913

Have a happy birthday, Darius, so glad you are with us.

Sunny and bright all day- now 39 degrees, windy and getting colder. Worked my tail off for the past two days finishing up outside. Now starting seeds, indoors for next yr. LOL
BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT
(Zone 6b)

November 3, 2006
3:47 AM

Post #2877184

Low today 35 but warmed to a
high of 70
it's 47 out there at 9:30 at night

I got lost and just realized earlier this evening that I missed weather. Well I had a whole thread to catch up on. What gorgeous pics. And cute kids, and pets. And frosted trees and glorious colors... I have a pic I didn't put on my Cottonwood thread in Photos.

Sunday was just such a beautiful day. ~Blooms

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2006
3:49 AM

Post #2877191

Thanks for my new background, Blooms.
Sidney
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2006
9:24 AM

Post #2877372

Good morning everyone!

Darius - a beleated happy birthday to you! Yesterday was a real busy day so I didn't have time to check in again last night.

Joey - I'll dmail you :-)
Melody - welcome back - really looking forward to seeing your photos of cottonfields and rice. Good luck tomorrow - hope the weather will be nice :-)

Blooms - wow what a stunning photo! we missed you:-)
Welcome cuckoo - looking forward to hearing more from you.

Kiska those are some awesome photos! Your cat's a cutie - they're so puzzled when they see snow for the first time. I don't think I've ever seen such a heavy frost, those are huge ice needles!

It's a bit cooler today, supposed to be partly cloudy, but it's overcast at the moment and raining. It's a bit breezy but not as bad as last night. It was really blowing and raining hard too. Current temp is 46. Sunrise was at 9:17 and sunset will be at 5:05 pm

I had to drive to Mosfellsbr yesterday which is north of Reykjavk (Hafnarfjrur is south of Rvk). It's about a 30 min. drive from Hafnarfjrur. I actually remembered to bring my camera along and left early so I had time to take a few photos on the way. This is taken in a newly developed neighborhood in Reykjavk, overlooking the easternmost part of it.

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2006
9:33 AM

Post #2877381

Another photo in that newly developed neighborhood - an example of the architectual style that's "in" these days ;-)

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2006
9:38 AM

Post #2877384

View from Mosfellsbr toward Reykjavik.

Thumbnail by rannveig

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 3, 2006
10:17 AM

Post #2877399

Good Morning Everyone! It's a chilly 32* & dark. ;-)

Rannveig, you've been busy! Nice shots of your cities! ~ Waitin' on the d-mail..
Blooms, that is a stunning pic! & would make for a nice desk top. :-D

Well, gotta get ready for my one class, then I have to get ready for Garrett's 18th ~ Sunday.

Have a great day ya'll!!!

Joey
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2006
11:39 AM

Post #2877516

Good Morning! Great pics everyone...What an amazing world we live in...
Darius - Happy Birthday!
Welcome Cuckoo! It's amazing to me that you reached 80 earlier this week. It didn't realize it would be warm in your neck of the woods.
Joey - Oooooh, very cool job! Good Luck with the job placement ;)
Here's our forecast:
Mostly Cloudy
Temp: 65F
Humidity: 66%
Wind Speed: NE 21 MPH
Barometer: 30.17 in.
Dewpoint: 53F
Heat Index: 76F
Wind Chill: 65F
Sunrise: 6:41 AM EST
Sunset: 5:37 PM EST
Civil Twilight: 6:01 PM EST
Wind advisory in effect from 7 am this morning to 5 pm est this afternoon ...high surf advisory in effect from 10 am this morning to 7 am est Sunday...
Here's one of my favorites - a Lady Margaret PV for you Darius...

Thumbnail by MySharona

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

November 3, 2006
12:33 PM

Post #2877651

Lovely PV Sharon!

Blooms, your photo looks more like a painting!

Sun is shining brightly here, haven't checked the porch temps but the spring house is 28 and the root cellar is 41. (I have a radio controlled gadget for them.)

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2006
1:51 PM

Post #2877854

Morning Everyone!

Hard frost last night as it was calm and clear...there's a few leaves still turning, but the show is mostly over.

Today will be sunny and high 50's...as will tomorrow for my photo shoot. Thank Goodness! Going up to the square to set up this afternoon...should be interesting...I'll take pictures...blacksmith and weaver coming, so that should be fun.

Great photos everyone! Hopefully, I'll get mine posted before long.
BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT
(Zone 6b)

November 3, 2006
3:09 PM

Post #2878098

We are fortunate. We get at least one more day of this clear bright autumn weather. Everything so sharply defined against the blue skies. I think I'll take another little drive out there today. Get one of my gal pals to go with me [guys kinda disappear when you get my age] - it's truly enjoyable to share this place with someone.

Low this morning a not quite frosty 37* already up to 54* Humidity at 43% and dropping the further we get from last month's rains. They're calling for a 65* high but I bet our valley reaches 70*.
That forecast from the WC and the temps they give are from out by the airport, ten miles away and up on the plateau outta this valley. Not totally accurate for town.

Rann, I never had pictured Iceland as so flat. Don't know why, just not what I'd expected. And I jealous of the Passsions - they are such a stunning plant. Can't have them here. But sure admire when I'm visiting in California. ~Blooms
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2006
3:29 PM

Post #2878151

44.1(F), 39%, Bright
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 3, 2006
3:49 PM

Post #2878197

7:am--10 degrees; very dark and the clear sky is filled with stars. The Big Dipper is right overhead and standing out on the deck just looking at it all, makes feel so lucky to live where I do.
Sunrise in an hour 1/2. loss of 5m33seconds today. Sets at 4:46pm.
Today's high: 23 degrees.
rann: Mosfellsbaer looks pretty big, do you go often? The housing sleek styling is nice; is it a single dwelling or apt.?
darius: will the root cellar maintain that 40 degrees all winter?
Have fun tomorrow Melody.
blooms, does the rock formation have a name? very pretty photo
and, sharon, the flowers are such a pretty shade of pink...
kiska

This message was edited Nov 3, 2006 7:50 AM

Thumbnail by kiska

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

November 3, 2006
6:37 PM

Post #2878535

Kiska, the root cellar is an experiment for me. I have a radio controlled probe out there to monitor temp. and humidity and will watch it all winter since I'm new to this place.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2006
7:08 PM

Post #2878619

Kiska - Mosfellsbr is a small town - smaller than Hafnarfjordur. Reykjavik is the big one. That house was a complex - two apartments I think. I don't go to Mosfellsbr often, but I will sometime in the future. There's a rehabilitation center there for people with health problems and I will be going there for a few weeks because of my fibromyalgia. Hoping to come out stronger and rested, but dreading it terribly. I'm afraid it'll be tough on my girls ... Great photo - I just love your winter wonderland - keep them coming :-)

Blooms - the area around Reykjavk and the Reykjanes peninsula south of Hafnarfjordur is pretty flat ... and it probably looks even more flat because there aren't any trees, but there are quite a few hills and small mountains around. Iceland isn't all the same, some parts are very flat and others (like the Westfjords and Eastfjords) aren't ;-)

Sharon - that's a very pretty passion vine - gorgeous color!

A view over part of Mosfellsbr and Mt. Esja in the background, shrouded in clouds.

Thumbnail by rannveig

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 3, 2006
8:41 PM

Post #2878877

This morning's view from the sunroom..10am as the sun passes between the mts. The frost is beginning to form on the window,too.
rann-hopefully you will get the help you need. Bet your girls are going to do just fine..
I should have remembered that you'd recently moved, darius, Good luck with it.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2006
9:09 PM

Post #2878947

Darius, Happy Belated! I hate it when I'm gone a few days and miss someone's B'day.

Really nice photos everyone. That sumac is a winner!

I too like the first snowfall. I always hope for the hypnotic puffy flakes that resemble a snowglobe. It's so quiet when it snows like that.

We had a high of 46* and a chilly breeze. Yuck!

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 3, 2006
10:45 PM

Post #2879155

Good Evening! All!

Sharon! Love the Passiflora. I know there a different kinds, but...It's Gorgeous!
Rannveig, will you have a phone & computer available for your use? If so, you will be able to talk to your girls. I know it won't be the same as being there, but they will be able to see you & talk to you. Do you have a web-cam?
Kiska, that is a marvelous shot! Such a different perspective!
Dyson, I'll bet it's not bright now!

It's 38* & chillin' down. I'm not about to go to the last game (HS) of the regular season. Even if they Are #2 in the state! The wind usually blows sideways at the school.

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2006
11:23 PM

Post #2879235

Great pics everyone. Our low tonight is 50 - loving the cool life!! Here's my Lady Margaret - she's got a couple of fruit growing now...

Thumbnail by MySharona

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2006
11:27 PM

Post #2879242

Joey, you are right - dark again alas. I've been down, Dr. put me on some meds two weeks ago. I stopped taking them Wed. because the side affects were killin' me. I'm past the "trouble breathing" stage and well into the "sever stomach cramps" stage. From now on before I take any new med, it will be checked on the web for possible side affects. According to what I found out this could last three weeks. I hope not.

36.7 (F) and dropping, 33% and of course "dark".

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2006
12:12 AM

Post #2879351

Dyson, What in the world were you taking? I'm assuming (again) that you had an allergic reaction. Do take care & drink lots of water to flush your system.

Sharon ~ LOTs o' FRUIT! Pretty!

Joey
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 4, 2006
2:26 AM

Post #2879752

Just letting you know I'm still alive. Weather has been pretty decent but I'm about worn down to a nub. I needed two naps today. Company leaves on Monday.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2006
2:33 AM

Post #2879760

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/uspdi/202781.html

33.6(F), 43% - dark

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2006
11:29 AM

Post #2880213

Good Mornin' Everybody!
It's a chilly 23*! & the sky is clear as a bell? (an old saying)

Dyson, IMO side effects = allergic reaction & it seems as if you have had the worst kind. Now I'm no doctor, but every body seems to think I should have been. Are you allegic to pennicillin? Usually a doctor will only prescribe sulfa or e-mycin drugs when you allergic to the pennicillin. And the e-mycin's are more safe. ~ Just drink lots of stuff to flush your system. Poor fella, you've been really Sick!

Kelli, Glad you are still around!:-))

I cant' get the "poochie" to stand still for nothing! "Mister Hyper"

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 4, 2006
11:40 AM

Post #2880229

Good Morning! It's a lovely 60 with a nice little breeze.
Dyson - OMG - I would have to hurt my doc for giving me a med that did that to me. Please take it easy and drink lots of water and some Gatorade to flush your system.
Rann - a friend of mine has fibromyalgia as well. Anytime she gets agitated if flares up. What are they going to do for treatment?
Joey - your big boy is busy chasing..how about that tail!!!!!!!!!
Partly Cloudy
Temp: 60F
Humidity: 60%
Wind Speed: NE 17 MPH G 25
Barometer: 30.29 in.
Dewpoint: 46F
Heat Index: 60F
Wind Chill: 57F
Sunrise: 6:42 AM EST
Sunset: 5:36 PM EST
Here's Boo snoozin!

Thumbnail by MySharona

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2006
11:51 AM

Post #2880252

Now That is one "Layed Back" cat! :-) He knows how to take it easy, huh?
Sharon, the tail is like an Everyready battery & probably keeps going even in his sleep! :-D I couldn't get a picture of the whole thing, but he had spooked a spike buck & was running behind it (not chasing) jumping & hopping like the deer was! LOL I wish I could have gotten it on camera...so funny. You just had to be here! He definatley keeps us laughing!

It's warmed up to 25*!

Joey
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 4, 2006
12:47 PM

Post #2880371

Howdy folks,
Observed at: East Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
Elevation: 615 ft / 187 m
29.6 F / -1.3 C
Clear
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 20 F / -6 C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph / 5.8 km/h
Hopefully it will get up to 50 today.
Henry thinks I'm crazy for being here.
At home Jacksonville, FL
50.4 F / 10.2 C
Partly Cloudy
Hope the coleus are still pumping.
I am working at a BP refinery here and this place is as flat as west Texas. that refinery has a mile of flat concrete and lots of towers to climb.
I am gearing up for the cold with some warmies from a great store.
D-mail me if you want me to shop for you.
Sidney

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2006
4:13 PM

Post #2880893

Good afternoon, it's 5 pm and almost dark. My younger one asked at 4 pm - "Mom is it night yet?" because it was starting to get dusky ... kids always get a bit confused by the change between the everbright summer and mostly dusky/dark winter.

It's raining, 50F and the wind's starting to pick up a bit. We're expecting a storm tonight with heavy winds and rain - yuk :-( Would be a nice evening to stay home, but we're invited to a birthday party so we'll have to go out tonight ... The girls will be staying home with a babysitter.

Kiska, Joey and Sharon - I won't have to stay the entire time at the clinic (or whatever you'd call it) - I'll get weekends off and then I can decide myself how many nights during the week I stay there. They recommend that I stay at least a few nights a week to get better rest - I'll just have to see how long I can stand being away from the girls. I'm not sure exactly how the regiment will be - probably a combination of excercise, physical therapy and rest ... at least I'm hoping I'll get some rest too ;-)

Joey - your dog reminds me of the energizer bunny - it just keeps on going :-)
Sharon - Boo sure knows how to relax!

rannveig

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2006
4:49 PM

Post #2880987

58.3(F) and rising, 37%, bright & I may get outside for a bit, tired of being cooped up.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 4, 2006
5:01 PM

Post #2881022

It's a nice clear cold morning here at 9am...10 degrees and should get up to 19 before end of day.
Loss of 5m32seconds; sunrise was at 8:35; set at 4:44pm.
Aren't pets just the cutest?! at chase or sleep, always entertaining.
Dyson; hope you're on the right track and getting better; what a scare.
rann; good luck with treatment; I've never known anyone with the illness, but have heard of the effects.
sugarweed: any interesting sights to see from the towers? Near town? Farming?
kiska

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

November 4, 2006
6:38 PM

Post #2881224

Rannveig thank you so much for giving us a quick peak of Mosfellsbr (thank goodness you can't hear me trying to pronounce it ;). The *new* architectural style looks similiar to some more recent buildings I've seen in pics of Germany. Here we don't often see buildings like that ...too much heat loss (unless the owner can afford huge triple panes).

Lady Margaret always makes me smile!

Joey how wonderful to see leaves still *on* the trees!!!

36 F / 2 C (gorgeous out there...YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
N/A
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 29 F / -2 C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h from the North
Pressure: 29.99 in / 1015 hPa (Rising)
Windchill: 32 F / 0 C

Other than the sunshine (that's not too obvious today)...here's our normal winter colours (the Moose Jaw Warriors uniform colour breaks up the drabness of the ice nicely ;)..

Thumbnail by Lilypon

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 4, 2006
6:42 PM

Post #2881232

A little bit of Santa Anas today. (DH, bless his heart, has taken the gang out for the afternoon so I can rest.)

Updated: 10:51 AM PST on November 04, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
80 F / 27 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 25%
Dew Point: 41 F / 5 C
Wind: 20 mph / 32 km/h from the North
Wind Gust: 28 mph / 44 km/h

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 4, 2006
10:48 PM

Post #2881925

21 degrees on my front porch this AM. Currently 35 degrees. Didn't warm up much today. Hate this clock changing around. My body is still confused. LOL
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 4, 2006
11:38 PM

Post #2882083

Lilypon: love your hockey players; you're right about needing color as everything becomes black, white and gray...
kelli - glad you're getting a bit of rest; hope your guests are enjoying the weather there.
se_eds: do you like the cooler weather? I'm having trouble, too, with the time change.
It's 3:30pm, temp topped out at 20 degrees, so is better than predicted. Very pretty with blue sky above the snow-laden trees..
This was taken about 2 this afternoon on the south side of the house.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 4, 2006
11:42 PM

Post #2882090

This afternoon a couple of the grandkids took the Mustang for a spin to see how it handled in winter driving conditions.
kiska
alaska

Thumbnail by kiska

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2006
11:52 PM

Post #2882120

Good evening all!

It's 38* & going down ~ it's Dark!, too. It actually got up to 50* today.
Kiska, They seem to be having a great time, but my hands would be freezing off!
Dyson, did you get outside? I know you're not taking the meds, but they're still in your system. If you did I hope that you covered up well...
Lilypon, the leaves are about gone, but you'll have color all winter!!! Go Warriors! :-)
Se_eds, I hear ya (about the time change), but I seem to have more difficulty in the spring.
Here's one more of the "energizer" "poochie". :-D

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 5, 2006
9:53 AM

Post #2883575

Good morning all!

It's a blustery one - the wind's been howling all night. It's stopped raining, overcast, 45F and southwesterly winds at about 45 mph with gusts up to 62 mph. I don't think there'll be many leaves left on the trees after the wind dies down. We don't often get this strong winds from the SW - it's not good. My poor rhododendrons - I don't think they've ever had to tolerate this much wind. Need to get the shelters up asap (not sure that they'd have held up though).

Sunrise was at 9:24 and sunset will be at 4:59 pm.

Lilipon glad you enjoyed the photos of Reykjavik and Mosfellsbr. Big windows are very much in at the moment - not much of an heating issue with the geothermal heating - double panes are sufficient ;-) I'd love to see some photos from Moose Jaw! Nice photo of the hockey players.

I just took this out the kitchen window - sorry about the reflections - to lazy to go out in the wind.

Joey and Kiska - great photos as always! Kiska your grandkids seem to be enjoying the ride :-)

I just saw on the news that two trolleys (fishing boats) stranded in the harbor here in Hafnarfjordur - not sure of the damage yet - rescue is underway. http://www.mbl.is/mm/frettir/frett.html?nid=1232768 The story also states that roof tiles have blown off houses around the country and things are flying around construction areas - nothing out of the ordinary with this type of weather.

This message was edited Nov 5, 2006 11:04 AM

Thumbnail by rannveig

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 5, 2006
11:03 AM

Post #2883616

Good Morning! It is 29* & over cast. And not too awfully dark...

Rannveig! I don't blame you for not going outside! I would not call myself lazy ~ I would call it self-preservation! ;-)The little shrub in the forefront is having much difficulty! The winds must have really picked up after they left Andy's home. Thanx for the link. Quite interesting, but I don't know a thing it said, altho I did notice the choppy water...It Looks cold! BRRRRRRR...

Standing still (for a change!)

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2006
11:17 AM

Post #2883632

29(F), 64%, bright. I got out to the garden for a few minutes yesterday, Everything is pretty much dead, so now it is time to try and figure out how to enrich the soil so that in the spring things will actually grow in it.

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 5, 2006
11:23 AM

Post #2883639

Helloooo! Dyson! Seems that you R feeling better! yeah! I use a lot of cow poop...mix well & let set till spring! We get it free at our local stock market. Do you have one close? 'Course you would need a truck. How's the car doing?

Joey
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2006
11:53 AM

Post #2883667

My next door neighbor's brother keeps cattle & he has promised to take me over to get a load.

The car is driveable, daylight hours only at this time.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2006
11:57 AM

Post #2883669

Good Morning! Been busy with the guests (wish they'd go home!!!). They'e very loud and we're not used to the noise...neither are our pets! Very nice people though...dang double edged sword!
Lots of great pics to look at.
Dyson - so glad you got out for a little while. It's amazing what fresh air can do for the soul!
It looks cold everywhere! We were chilly yesterday. Overcast, 61 and a nice gusty breeze of 30mph made for a chilly day!
Very nice today - our high today is 72. Here's the forecast:
Partly Cloudy
Temp: 51F
Humidity: 86%
Wind Speed: N 6 MPH
Barometer: 30.33 in.
Dewpoint: 47F
Heat Index: 51F
Wind Chill: 49F
Sunrise: 6:43 AM EST
Sunset: 5:35 PM EST
Ooooh, did I mention my Lady M is fruiting?!!!!!!!!!
Sharon

Thumbnail by MySharona

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 5, 2006
12:29 PM

Post #2883715

Joey - energizer pooch seems to be thinking which way to go next :-) lol What a great place for a dog to run around in!
Yes, the rhododendrons are having a tough day - they don't like strong winds :-(

We've had rain and hail showers so far this morning - windspeeds are down to around 34 mph so it's not as bad as earlier - I think it's supposed to calm down more later today.

This message was edited Nov 5, 2006 2:15 PM
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2006
2:23 PM

Post #2884011

Well it's sunny and on a warm trend here;
45.8 F / 7.7 C
Clear
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 26 F / -3 C
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph / 5.8 kmh
Gonna get up to mid fifties today.
I have found so many neat stores here.
I have been sewing and that is very relaxing.
Sidney
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 5, 2006
3:25 PM

Post #2884180

good morning from here, too.
It's 7 am, the full moon is so bright that with the snow cover, the shadows that are being cast from the trees are long and beautiful.
Temp is Zero, with a high of 17. Very calm and gorgeous.
Rann - glad by now the winds have died down a bit...never pleasant to be in the wind in the winter.
Sidney-glad you have time to sew-what are you making?
sharon, hope you get the quiet time soon; and dyson, good that you are doing better.
joey; just wondering, "not too awfully dark", what time of day is that?
kiska

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 5, 2006
3:33 PM

Post #2884215

32* at 6:30am. 52* at 10:am. We get to warm to the 60's this week.
Sugar, I love your roving weather reports and other details.
Joey, Sharon, nice pictures. I don't have any to contribute right now. : (
Dyson, I'm so sorry the meds made you sicker. I was just telling DH this morn that the medicine they manufacture today aren't right. Way too many side effects! My Mom went thru the same thing and she took a LOT of different kinds. She also had Fibromyalgia. So sorry Rann, to hear you do too. I hope they help you!!!!
Kelli, hang in there! You worked hard to get this far!!
Seeds, I wish they would leave it one way or the other! (DST.) I myself like long summer nights now that I don't have to put kid(s) to bed early.
Kiska, love the ice show! The Mustang Gals are too cute!!!
Joey, energizer says it all!
Hope I didn't leave anyone out.
Have a great day everyone!

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 5, 2006
3:51 PM

Post #2884252

Hello to all!
Enjoying seeing the wide variety in the weather this time of year. Just thought I'd weigh in with a bit of Z8 Carolina weather. We had our first freeze the past 2 nights, but it was short and just barely there at 31 deg. By my memory (which is not what it once was ;> ), that's about 2-3 weeks ahead of "normal". Most of my plants didn't seem to even notice! This Clematis for example, which is on its 2nd blooming cycle...Still going!
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 5, 2006
4:07 PM

Post #2884302

kiska - sounds like a beautiful morning!
Thanks billy, sure hope so too :-)

It's still very windy and very wet ... just a stay in snuggled in a blanket day, will be dark soon. It's after 5 so the sun's set already.

Deb - welcome! What a pretty Clematis! How's your weather at the moment? (I'm living vicariously at the moment - since we have such a stinker today - I love to hear about nicer weather somewhere else ;-)))
WantabeGardener
Jerome, MI
(Zone 5b)

November 5, 2006
5:02 PM

Post #2884465

Hello everyone...just a lurker here..I am a good friend of Jianhua..in China...he told me about this thread..so I have been reading..I love to learn and see more parts of our world..even USA..hehehe...it is Noon here..55 F. Sunny Has been cold..and windy here..too...Keep those pictures coming..hehe...Really enjoy the chat..of what is happening...waving...
Smiles...Diana (Southern Michigan)

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 5, 2006
5:14 PM

Post #2884496

Hi Diana, it's always fun to have someone new give a weather report!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2006
5:25 PM

Post #2884531

Hi everyone - Welcome Deb! Very pretty clematis!
Well the guests left - they had to go back to work tomorrow - long drive back to Simpsonville, SC. The cats are enjoying the peace and quiet!!
Rann - that's what I like to do on a cold wet windy day - I'd have a book too - and something warm to drink!! I think I need to take a nap!
It has rained a little bit, not much recorded on the bunny rainmeter! I don't think we'll make it to 72 today, too overcast and windy. The thermometer reads 66. We went on a bike ride to the beach (brrr!). The erosion is awful. Here's a pic from where we were standing. The end of the rail is where the beach used to be...

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2006
5:28 PM

Post #2884535

Hi Diana - Welcome!
we posted at the same time...here's another pic of the beach...there were some teens on the beach with their dog..he was having a blast!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

November 5, 2006
5:33 PM

Post #2884544

Hi and welcome Diana :)

Today it is:
48 F / 9 C
N/A
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 36 F / 2 C
Wind: 20 mph / 32 km/h from the SSW
Pressure: 29.70 in / 1006 hPa (Falling)
Windchill: 41 F / 5 C
and by Tuesday we are supposed to be up to 57.2F / +14 C !!! (however by Wednesday it's back down to around 0F)

The Warriors will be very appreciative of your cheers...three of the players were in a car accident a short while ago (hit by a young drunk diver) and, as a result, 18 year old Garrett Robinson from British Columbia had his brain swell and went into a coma (he just came out of it two days ago) : http://www.mjwarriors.ca/pages/home.php Everyone's thoughts and prayers have been with that young man. Hockey teams across Saskatchewan raised $30,000. to help his family and for his transport home.

I've seen many gorgeous pictures here of winter scenes...lately both Kiska and Rannveig have captured some awesome close-ups of frozen fruit covered in frost/frost/etc. I must admit though after day 3 of overcast skies I'm feeling somewhat grey myself (I think my forefathers settled on the prairies because of the sun...cold isn't as much of a bother to us as are the overcast skies).

I hope the weather improves for you very soon Rannveig...is that the same storm that marooned 100's of horses onto a tiny island (my memory of the story, but not the picture, is somewhat vague).

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

November 5, 2006
5:34 PM

Post #2884546

MySharona (I love seeing dogs, etc, running along the beach...esp when it's beside an ocean :)

This message was edited Nov 5, 2006 2:44 PM
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 5, 2006
5:52 PM

Post #2884593

Ahh! Some peace and quiet on the computer.
It's going to be hot and dry today. The report says mostly cloudy but there isn't a cloud in the sky at my house.

Updated: 8:51 AM PST on November 05, 2006
77 F / 25 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 20%
Dew Point: 33 F / 1 C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h from the North

Thumbnail by Kelli

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 5, 2006
5:54 PM

Post #2884595

Impressive pictures MySharona! They convey the cold very well!

Edited to add, neat colorful picture Kelli!!!!

This message was edited Nov 5, 2006 12:56 PM
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 5, 2006
9:59 PM

Post #2885166

Sharon - love the beach photos and Kelli - nice pumpkins! Ahhhhh 77F sounds lovely :-) The winds finally calmed here - the storm has moved eastward so now the eastern part of the country is getting the worst of it. Rescue volunteers have had a busy day fastening things that were flying off in the storm. At least one very old tree was uprooted in Reykjavik and crashed over two cars - no one was hurt fortunately. Strongest recorded gusts here in the Reykjavik area were 73 mph, in the NW winds of 112 mph were recorded. As I'm writing this the wind's picking up again - the quiet was nice while it lasted ...

Lilipon - I really don't mind it when it's overcast as long as it isn't windy - that's what really gets me. I get tired of the sun if it's sunny many days in a row, I love overcast CALM days :-)

Hi Diana and welcome!
rannveig
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 5, 2006
10:31 PM

Post #2885229

MySharona: I actually know where Simpsonville, SC is and have been there many times. :)

Rannveig, it was a lovely, sunny day here, somewhere in the 60's. Should hit upper 70s by mid-week they say. Sorry I can't export the sunshine for you!

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2006
12:48 AM

Post #2885620

Good Evening All! It's 47* & coolin' off
Welcome Diana & Deb!
Kiska, When I posted this morning it was getting to be daylight (not too awfully dark), you know...when the birds start to chirp. ;-)
Kelli! Is that your yard or is it the next place that we get to guess in "Where am I"? Great Fall Colors!
Rannveig, stay safe! I am sending you many thoughts of Calm, Gray, & the Mystic! ;-) (the power of possitive thinking).
Sharon, those are great beach shots! I wished the "energizer poochie" liked water. He does play in the creek, and it would be something to see if he were at the beach!
Lilypon, I hope that Garrett doesn't have brain damage...that is soooo awful! But I am glad that he is improving! What a kind jesture from all those teams!
And speaking of Garrett ~ the 18th B-Day went off without a hitch. Lot's of Cookie! Altho, I was informed (by DB)that I didn't make enough cheese ball.

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

WantabeGardener
Jerome, MI
(Zone 5b)

November 6, 2006
1:01 AM

Post #2885664

Thanks for the welcome ..everyone.. I will just lurk here..I am sure..maybe pop a post once in awhile..but I want you all to know I am here..lol...today was good...warmer..then it has been. Not ready for winter yet...I love you pictures...Iceland..wowow...thought it was more icey..hehehe...Now Ak...that is cool...I wish when I was younger I would have taken the trip. Really...I like to read ...about all of you...no matter...heheh...aw the beach is neat...Like Fl...and Calif...oh my never been there...but it is nice..to see...oh...no matter everywhere is great..and thanks for sharing...Happy to be here...waving..smiles...
Diana
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2006
1:04 AM

Post #2885674

Kelli...the quality of light in your pumpkin photo is outstanding!

Rannveig...I'm really enjoying your ongoing photo tour of Iceland. Sounds like you had quite a windstorm.

Weather forcast for the next week is pretty good here. Highs in the 50's and lows in the 40's with little rain expected. Most of the snow we received a few days ago melted over the weekend. We were lucky. Places just a few miles north of us got almost a foot of snow but we only got a couple of inches. I took advantage of the sunshine and got a few more chores done outside.

early_bloomer

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2006
1:14 AM

Post #2885712

Now those are some gorgeous skies, E_B ! How do you do it? Or what do you do it with? Great!
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2006
1:27 AM

Post #2885770

Joey...This is a farm a mile or so from my home. It's a favorite quick photo op for me when it looks like there might be good light. Nothing special here. No filters etc. Just dark ominous early winter skies with the sun breaking through at sunset.

early_bloomer
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 6, 2006
3:13 AM

Post #2886205

That picture is not in my yard, but it would make a good "Where am I".

Nice day at the beach today with the gang. Here's a whole flock of Pennsylvanians and a Texan-Californian.

Thumbnail by Kelli

BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2006
4:39 AM

Post #2886353

Breaking through slanting under the clouds and turning the grasses a gorgeos color. It's always the light and capturing it that makes the picture. This time of year the sun being low in the sky seems to bring on more dramatic lighting.

Sidney, you carry a sewing machine with you? Rann, I wrote a post that seems to have poofed about enjoying your Westfalia [sp] thread. So I did know the whole place wasnt flat. LOL. Some days my fingers are way ahead of my brain.
Kelli, you got some of that fall light on those punkins.
And some folks have flowers .. I gotta get pics of my last roses.

Here's one of my nearby and favorite spots. A place called "Moonflower Canyon" about a mile outta town. There are petroglyphs on the rock behind the railed off area. ~ this was day before yesterday.

Today's low: 39*, the high was 68* - so we're still in Indian Summer. ~Blooms

BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2006
4:43 AM

Post #2886355

Kelli, your pic on the beach looks so warm and friendly.
I was off at other distractions and left my post half written for ages before sending. So I had to come back and say nice day you had.
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2006
5:40 AM

Post #2886406

First, welcome Deb and Diana. I am really enjoying all these great pictures.
Yes Blooms I pack a sewing machine and a small electric kitchen. I'm making ying/yang purses for christmas. It keeps me off the street and out of bars, LOL.
I also piece quilt tops and am making Henry a quilted coat for his 7th (49th) birthday. He was a gift from his Mama, Ginny on 11/19/1999. He was my dog in one of his previous lifetimes also.
Well, just checking in.
Kelli what a great group. Which one is the great aged aunt.
Sidney
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2006
8:50 AM

Post #2886479

Good morning everyone!

It's CALM, only a slight breeze, overcast, 36F and potentially wet today! A calm, grey and mystic day - Joey it must have worked !!!!! :-) Glad your b-day party went well - the cake looks yummy!!

EB - gorgeous photo - love the color of the sky!
Bloooms - your photos are always awesome! Wonderful color and wonderful scenes!!
Kelli nice beach photo - your gang looks happy and like they're enjoying their visit!
Deb - sounds like yesterday was like a lovely summer's day :-)

Sunrise was at 9:27 and sunset will be at 4:55

Hope you all have a nice one!!

rannveig
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2006
9:13 AM

Post #2886488

32.9(F), 62% & really dark!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2006
10:01 AM

Post #2886521

Kelli - love the pics! Look at those rocks! Do you have them at all the beaches? Just sand and broken shells here!
Rann- those were the type of tropical depression/hurricane winds you had! I'm glad no one got hurt.
Joey - bring poochie down - I bet he'll take to the beach like a fish to water!!
e_b - beautiful sky pic! My DH would love to move to the scenic desert area. I told him it gets waaaay too hot for me. Heck it gets too hot here then add in the humidity --bleeech!
Blooms - amazing photo- what kind of tree is that? The yellow leaves are gorgeous.
Dark & warm - chance of rain - 75 high
Hazy
Temp: 67F
Humidity: 79%
Wind Speed: NE 21 mph
Barometer: 30.27 in.
Dewpoint: 60F
Heat Index: 70F
Wind Chill: 67F
Sunrise: 6:44 AM EST
Sunset: 5:34 PM EST
Took this yesterday at the beach. The sea gull was flying about 4' above my head! My sunglasses fell off the top of my head when I leaned back - then I stepped on them!

Thumbnail by MySharona

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2006
10:13 AM

Post #2886530

Good Morning Everybody! It's 35* & wouldn't ya know it? ~ Dark! ;-))

Rannveig, I am sooooo glad that the winds have died down! (might be the Iroquios shaman thingie;) Yep, the B-Day was fun, but I had too much of that chocolate cookie cake ~ too much sugar, which won't allow me to sleep!
Kelli, Looks as if everybody's having a hoot.
Sidney, LOL ~ sewing keeps you out of Bars? Yhere's probably one at every corner!, which would be oh so tempting! ;-)
Blooms, that's a gorgeous pic...I love lookin' at petroglyphs! They're so interesting ~ like ~ how did the people live & what were they thinkin'? Paleo-anything is fascinating to me!
LOL ~ Sharon! But you still got a Great shot!
Well, got to go...Have a Good One!
Garrett's new doors are almost "primed".

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 6, 2006
3:48 PM

Post #2887267

Busy morning and off to a good start...
Minus 2 degrees- clear, dark and calm...7:15am...should get up to the high teens or low 20's before day's end. Sunrise at 8:40 - set at 4:38pm.
I enjoyed reading everyone's postings and seeing the photos. It's a nice group photo, Kelli; shorts and barefoot presents an unusual perspective of winter.
Joey, the "cake" was really cute and the jeep looks very cool.
E_B- what a beautiful farm with the clouds and light combination. so pretty.
Rann-getting darker for longer periods; glad it's calmed down and I looked at the newspaper photo of the boats-thanks goodness for photos-a bit of a language barrier otherwise :).
Sharon; how widespread is the erosion? How quickly is it happening?
and a welcome to Diana and Deb -
sidney, you think of everything; from the "kitchen" sink to sewing; what a good idea.
Another view from the sunroom; too dark for this morning's photo, but still looks the same as a few days ago.
kiska
alaska

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 6, 2006
4:27 PM

Post #2887394

Great picture of the cottonwood, etc., Blooms!

The one in the striped shirt is my great aunt, age 90. The baby is one year old, so there's quite an age spread. It's a four generation picture, in fact. (My mom and dad and aunt stayed at my house and my sister and her family stated in a hotel.) All of the beaches are not rocky like that. In fact, most are not. I chose this one for its tide pools because I knew that my niece (the little girl) would love that. It's also my favorite beach down here because of the tide pools. The water is a bit cold for swimming anyway (64F). The air temperature was probably a little warmer than "normal". I'd say it was around 75F.

Everyone is going home today. I'll miss them, but it will be good to have me normal life back, too. I was about worn to a frazzle.

Mild Santa Ana conditions today.
Updated: 8:51 AM PST on November 06, 2006
82 F / 28 C
Clear
Humidity: 14%
Dew Point: 29 F / -2 C
Wind: 14 mph / 22 km/h from the North

Thumbnail by Kelli

BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2006
5:14 PM

Post #2887533

Kelli, I admire your niece - I've stuck my feet in the Pacific. It's a cold ocean. The tide pools are a good idea, they should be somewhat warmer. LOL

Sidney, I don't know why I found that surprising. knitters take their knitting. /;-) Of course you would tote your comfort things when you go away to work for such long stretches.

ohmy the wc just showed another Santa Ana whipped wildfire in Cal. Didn't catch exactly where.

Joey, I'll get some glyphs next time I'm out with the camera. probably not those. They were badly defaced before they put up the railing and the railing doesn't keep people from damaging things. grrrr.

Hi today - 65* Low this morning 37* Humidity's up to 40%
Here's this morning's rose. ~~Blooms

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2006
6:44 PM

Post #2887786

Nasty old gray, wet day. Temp about 50 (F) and winds are barely moving. Drizzle off and on with potential for some hard rain later...supposed to be a carbon copy tomorrow too...should have known, it's election day, and it always rains here in west KY then...miserable day to have all of those people out and about. Hope everyone stays safe.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2006
7:22 PM

Post #2887852

Sharon - nice photo of the sea gull - too bad about your sun glasses. Yes, it was quite a storm, the strongest winds since 2001 in the eastern part according to the news with winds of 98 mph and gusts over 110 mph.

Joey - the jeep is almost looking good as new :-)

Kiska - nice photo - you have such a wonderful view from you sunroom! It sure is getting cold there - 2F is colder than it gets here.

Kelli - great photo of your niece! and Blooms - what a pretty rose for November :-)

A photo of today's newspaper. The big photo is of the tree that fell over in the storm. It also says that windows in a rental car were smashed by flying rocks in a sandstorm in the NE . A british couple was in the car and was rescued unharmed, but they'd never seen anything like it. Trampolines in Reykjavik were flying about, large boulders were hurled onto the street along the shoreline in Reykjavik and the two ships that stranded in Hafnarfjrur broke loose from the dock and stranded on a sandreef in the middle of the harbor. I think both of them have been lying in dock for a few years unused, so no one was aboard. I guess it was lucky they stranded otherwise there would have been more damage if they'd landed in the rocky shoreline.

This message was edited Nov 6, 2006 8:42 PM

Thumbnail by rannveig

weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

November 6, 2006
7:28 PM

Post #2887874

Blooms, the Santa Ana's are here in my area. A fire has started in Fontana, about 10 miles from me but they've got in under control. I just cleaned my yard up, the winds will blow and I will have to do it again! It's beautiful here today, winds, sunshine and it's warm.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2006
7:58 PM

Post #2887929

If anyone's interested here's a clip from yesterday's and tonight's news about the storm. Ofcourse it's in Icelandic but the footage might be interesting to see :-)

http://dagskra.ruv.is/streaming/sjonvarpid/?file=4284369/0

This one is from tonight - the interview with the british couple is in english ;-) There's footage from their videocamera that they took yesterday - before the windows in their car were smashed:

http://dagskra.ruv.is/streaming/sjonvarpid/?file=4284370/5

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2006
8:53 PM

Post #2888090

Helluuu! It's a sunny! 58*! Too warm for this sweat shirt!

Rannveig, Thank you for the links, but my slow web won't let me see it.:-( It's sad about the tree...
Blooms! what a gorgeous Pink! & I would love to see some "glyphs"...Some people have no respect for the past, which (in my book) is ignorance +/or stupidity.
Melody I suppose we'll get some of your weather starting tonight, which will put a damper on my field trip tomorrow; But that's OK! I'll get 10 hours toward my practicum! & I'll get to do some stocking!
Kiska, I would like to have the windows that you do...You can stay inside & still enjoy the scenery!
Kelli, that little one sure is enjoying herself! She's a cutie!

My "baby"... Have you ever??? He's had facial hair for 2 years, already!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2006
9:56 PM

Post #2888300

Blooms...that tree is gorgeous!!!

early_bloomer

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2006
10:11 PM

Post #2888363

Joey, I'm licking my lips over that cake. It has all my favorite flavors, chocolate!!!! I love the jeep! Post that on the cars forum. I have our old dogtrackin CJ-7 posted there. That's quite a baby you have there!

Early, that's one of the most beautiful skies I've ever seen!

Kelli, your cleaning was worth it! What a great family and absolutely adorable little ones. Kudos to your Great Aunt. She's in great shape!

Blooms, two wonderful pictures. I'm sniffing and sighing over the rose. I can't believe people think it's fun to deface something like that. I hope they are ashamed of themselves at some point in their life!

Sharon, the gull picture is great! I smiled at your mishap, but I hope you didn't hurt your glasses too much.

Kiska, days of that color make me want to bake sugar cookies.

Rannveig, we had straightline winds a few years ago. It was exciting at first, then it got a little scary, then it got boring and I couldn't wait for it to quit. First time this town had seen those winds, so I'll be one of the old timers with a wind story someday. I can't imagine what it sounded like at your house.

Weegy, hope you aren't breathing smoke!

We had grey gloomy skies with a barely perceptable mist and a high of 60*. I hung clothes out after dinner when the sun came out. Tomorrow we get a nicer day. Whoo Hoo!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2006
10:30 PM

Post #2888420

Joey - Garrett has done a great job on the Jeep! Isn't he handsome?!! My my...makes the heart go pitter patter!! Chocolate...yummy!!
Kiska - It looks very cold outside! I don't know what I'd do to get warm...maybe battery powered clothes foro heat?!
Kelli - your neice is adorable! Great family pic.
Blooms - beautiful rose! That is one plant that I've not been able to grow. Just don't ahve the knack for roses I guess!
Rann - The storms from last year left a lot of our old live oaks laying on their sides. It was so sad to see such a grand tree die...The video is very good. I've never heard Icelandic before, very cool!
Billy - I'm with you - anything made of chocolate is a GOOD thing!! LOL - The shades were cheap! Not much of a loss! So glad they weren't the prescription pair!!
Not much going on here - dark already - and 72...
The guys had a "who has the biggest belly contest"!!

Thumbnail by MySharona

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 6, 2006
10:33 PM

Post #2888427

2pm. 18 degrees, clear blue sky..just went to town so took a photo of the airport and the river now filled with slushy ice.
Rann - I enjoyed the chance to "see" what's been going on there. thanks. too bad about the damage, though.
weegy12-glad the fires are under control; such a danger for you all.
blooms, your rose is a "sight for sore eyes"; such pretty color at this time of year.
joey, rain or shine, have a great field trip tomorrow..
cute picture, sharon - - -
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 6, 2006
10:35 PM

Post #2888440

crossing the Matanuska River on the way home from Palmer. Slushy ice has nearly clogged it at this point.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 6, 2006
10:39 PM

Post #2888454

This didn't get picked up yet so makes a pretty picture..near the Palmer airport.
The wind blows in Palmer, so there is no snow left on the trees..not so across the river where I live.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2006
10:58 PM

Post #2888546

Sharon, ROTFL over the belly pictures!

Kiska, those are small planes. Have you ever flown? I remember when I was a kid, we got to go for a ride in a small plane. I thought it was pretty neat. Right out of High School, DH and I went for a small plane ride. It was a penny per pound. Cost me $1.04. :-)

Yesterday we took the jeep for a ride down our favorite dirt road. The hills are called The Four Hills and are mostly clay. You can't always get up them.

Thumbnail by billyporter

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 6, 2006
11:00 PM

Post #2888552

Rann, I couldn't view the videos, but that storm in Iceland must have been something! I'm glad you didn't have damage at your house.

Those Alaska pictures amaze me as I sit here with the air conditioning on.

I think I need to take the calendar outside and show the weather that it is November, not September.

Updated: 3:51 PM PST on November 06, 2006
90 F / 32 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 11%
Dew Point: 28 F / -2 C
Wind: 16 mph / 26 km/h from the North

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 6, 2006
11:04 PM

Post #2888558

P.S. The floss silk tree is blooming for the first time. The flowers are pretty high off the ground so this is the best I could do. The flowers open yellow and turn pink.

Thumbnail by Kelli

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 6, 2006
11:09 PM

Post #2888570

billyporter; small planes are a way of life for many here. There are few roads so planes make it possible to travel the state. Personally, I've not flown in one. We do fly commercially, frequently, though, as that's the quickest way to the lower 48. In the 28 years here, have flown out many, many times.. 31/2 hours by plane to Seattle, or days by car...The airport in Anchorage is the closest commercial one.
Your jeep road looks interesting.The clay must get slippery when it rains, right?
90 degrees is just way too warm :) Love the blossom's color.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 6, 2006
11:10 PM

Post #2888575

Sharon - My DH (photographer by profession) would say it's worth destroyed sunglasses if ya get the shot! ;>
Rann & Kiska: This is great armchair travel! I can see Iceland and Alaska and everywhere in between! I will never be able to complain about our winter weather here again without thinking of both of you...and it's only Nov. !
Speaking of the places in between,..EB and Blooms: gorgeous light in your photos! More please!
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 6, 2006
11:22 PM

Post #2888617

sharon:Yes, losing the glasses for the "shot" was a great trade! very pretty. And, you should hear me complain about warm weather; we're going to Cancun on Sunday...but just for the week, so should be able to handle it...
Milepost in Palmer with mileage from all over the world listed as to how far from here, to "there"..Palmer library in background.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2006
11:27 PM

Post #2888636

Coolin' down ~ 49* & Dark!

Sharon! Now that's what I call a "Gut Shot"! It always amazes me what men will do to be noticed! ;-) LOL
Sally, we love to go on 4x4 trails...& Garrett doesn't let the mud stop him, either. I have an ample supply of Turtle Wax car wash...we go thru a lot. He would love to go on the Four Hills!
Great pix, Kiska...is the hay for cattle or for Caribou & other critters? ~ Yep, It will be a great trip tomorrow (rain or shine) ~ Thanx.
Kelli, I've never heard of that kind of a tree before & I must remember it! (Just in case Prof. Stone brings one of those into Lab! ;-) I will certainly never forget his expression...~ The bloom almost looks as if you have put a Star Gazer Lily up in the tree! :-D
Garrett hasn't gotten to the other door yet...

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 6, 2006
11:34 PM

Post #2888670

The most striking thing about the floss silk tree is the trunk. http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/11047/

The jeep is coming along nicely!

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2006
11:48 PM

Post #2888725

Ouch Kelli! I have never in the World seen anything like it! Marvelous! (Just wait til he asks me somethin' about a thorny tree! :-))
Thanx, He's worked really hard...
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 7, 2006
12:01 AM

Post #2888765

Kelli - that's quite a defensive tree-there'll be no tree-houses there :) ...amazing.
kiska

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2006
12:17 AM

Post #2888807

Mudding is one thing we don't do. We have a soft top, and usually have it and the doors off to go country riding. Mud would be hard to wash off. Glad he has fun! Poor Four Hills gets slippery and rutted when someone decides to challange it. I love to go there tho. Here's the back of our jeep. Notice how low the road is compared to the sides. It erodes a lot.

What year is the Jeep? He's done a fantastic job!

Kelli, I would have thought your tree was no bigger than a shrub if I hadn't looked at the link. Pretty cool! We have locust trees with wicked spines!

Thumbnail by billyporter

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2006
12:29 AM

Post #2888863

Sally, I think it is an '85. I should have taken pix of the thing before he got started...It Was 2 colors (pink & blue!) & he took it to a guy that does body work (for a living). Garrett said he'd just do it himself...he's a persistant child. It's been a good project for him & certainly has been a good learning experience. I'm quite proud of him (if ya didn't notice :-D).
This is a different angle...after he cleaned the deer hair off.

Thumbnail by music2keep

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2006
12:41 AM

Post #2888913

Pink and blue! Oh my gosh!

Ours is an ''84.'' He's lucky to find an old one!

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2006
12:59 AM

Post #2888974

LOL ~ He didn't have much choice...His dad got it for himself (dirt cheap), and Garrett can't stand an "uncempt" (sp) vehicle. I think he gets that after me. Don't mind getting it dirty, just make sure it doesn't stay that way...

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2006

Post #2888978

Laughing! That's a good way to be!
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2006
9:06 AM

Post #2889964

Good morning everyone! My you've been busy while I was asleep! A lot of catching up to do :-) lol

Kiska, Joey, Kelli, sharon and billyporter - great photos! Kiska I just love to see scenes from Alaska - so beautiful! Kelli - that silk tree is amazing!! Joey, you're right, it does look like someone stuck lilyflowers on it. And those thorns look pretty brutal!

Glad that some of you were able to enjoy the videos :-)

Fortunately there was only minor damage, mostly roof tiles that flew off - nothing serious.

Today's weather is overcast, slight breeze and 39. Sunrise was at 9:30 and sunset will be at 4:52. We need some snow to brighten things up a bit.

Have a nice day all!

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2006
9:57 AM

Post #2890007

Good Morning! We are Dark with 39*... Dyson? Are you there?

Rannveig I'm glad things have settled down for you!

Boone Co. here I come!

Have a great day ~ Everybody!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2006
9:57 AM

Post #2890009

Good Morning!
Kelli that is a beautiful flower the tree does look ominous! I wouldnt try to climb it!
Kiska very cool milepost I wonder - Is Fernandina Beach on it?!!!!! Youre going to have a great time in Cancun...get away from the cold for a little while!
Joey I love to go muddin as well! We dont go very much because we dont leave paradise often! Personally I think Palatka has some of the best muddin spots.
I love the snow pics! Keep them coming! I'm going to research the erosion problem here.
Here is the forecast today: High today 75 70% chance of rain
Overcast
Temp: 70F
Humidity: 82%
Wind Speed: S 3 MPH
Barometer: 30.03 in.
Dewpoint: 64F
Heat Index: 70F
Wind Chill: 70F
Sunrise: 6:44 AM EST
Sunset: 5:33 PM EST
Don't forget to vote today!!
I don't know what kind of bush this is...I took a couple of cuttings from it - hopefully they will take root.
Sharon

This message was edited Nov 7, 2006 6:51 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2006
10:20 AM

Post #2890041

dark - 45.9, 57%, rain forecast.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2006
1:08 PM

Post #2890364

Joey - that is such a cute photo of the bird! What kind is it? Have fun on your field trip :-)

Sharon - that is a nice looking bush.

I took my camera along with me today - this is the river that runs through Reykjavik, Ellia. It's actually a salmon fishing river - don't think many other capitals can boast of that in the middle of the city ;-) Mt. Esja in the background once again with a bit of "termination dust" snow cover after the storm - and there's even a light dusting of snow in the grass. There isn't any here in Hafnarfjrur, but there it was in Reykjavik.

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2006
1:14 PM

Post #2890383

This is what made me turn around and get the camera : how the morning sun hit Mt. Esja that was partially shrouded in fog or mist. They blend together so nicely. This is taken at 10:15 am.

Thumbnail by rannveig

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2006
1:32 PM

Post #2890430

good morning!

Great photos!

Rain has passed us pretty much, but it's still gray and drizzly. Temps will get to about 54 today with a very light wind. Everything is soaked and I could really need to mow, but it's not going to happen for a few days.

I finally got the laptop out this morning so I could post the photos that I want...I usually use the other one of the mornings.

Here's the scenery over in the Ozark Mtns...not as dramatic as Kiska's majestic mountains...but very ancient and well loved in this part of the country. This is north west Arkansas...about 5 hours by car for us...roughly 250 miles.

Thumbnail by melody

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2006
1:36 PM

Post #2890437

To get to the mountains, we had to cross the Mississippi River delta area...(about 60 miles from us) they grow many hot weather crops there..here is a recently harvested rice field, with Cypress trees in the background.

This was a 'windshield shot' taken while going down the road.

Thumbnail by melody

jcangemi
Clovis, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2006
1:40 PM

Post #2890458

52 F / 11 C
Mostly Cloudy

Slight chance of rain, which is needed badly. The country side is like talcum powder after all the harvesting activity. Had some ground fog in the am a couple of days. Posted this pic back a few years ago, showing mechanical harvesting of grapes to dry for raisins.

Thumbnail by jcangemi

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2006
1:40 PM

Post #2890459

Cotton in the field ready for harvest. There had been so much rain before we went, there were no combines in the field 'picking'...

Thumbnail by melody

jcangemi
Clovis, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2006
1:43 PM

Post #2890471

Oops Melody, didn't mean to interrupt your travel log. 8-(( Your pics take me back a few years when I lived in your 'neck of the woods'.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2006
1:45 PM

Post #2890480

How neat! I've never seen a raisin harvester!

Here's a windshield shot of already harvested cotton...these are huge compacted 'bales' roughly the size of a semi-truck. They cover them with tarps and they sit there till they can get them to the cotton gins to get the seeds removed.

Thumbnail by melody

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2006
1:46 PM

Post #2890486

Melody and jcangemi nice photos! That's something I've never seen before - rice and cottonfields!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2006
1:49 PM

Post #2890506

No problem...It's not an issue...only got one more to post at the moment anyway...gotta go to work.

Soybean harvesting in north west Tennessee...the cotton was in sout east Missouri and the rice was in north east Arkansas.

It was a touch drier in TN, so I got a combine out in the field doing it's thing.

Thumbnail by melody

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 7, 2006
4:43 PM

Post #2891060

It's Minus 4 degrees at 8:30am with it getting quite light out. Sunrise at 8:43. High temps to be in the Teens..
Melody; very interesting harvest photo of the cotton. We moved from a rice-growing area of calif, 28 years ago, so it was good to see the photo. The view across to the mts is very pretty in it's very difference from Palmer.
Sharon-I'd call your bush a "snow bush", looks like a fresh fluffy snowfall covered it.
Rann-I really like the looks of Iceland-so dramatic.
jcangemi-hadn't given any consideration as to how the raisins got in the box..nice seeing them harvested...
Another photo from yesterday at the airport; rear view mirror image, too.
kiska
alaska

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 7, 2006
5:24 PM

Post #2891196

This is lovely - not!

Record or near record high temperatures today...
Mostly sunny. Highs in the 90s to near 100.

Updated: 9:51 AM PST on November 07, 2006
84 F / 29 C
Clear
Humidity: 17%
Dew Point: 34 F / 1 C

This, on the other hand, is lovely. (O.K., enough messing around on the computer. Time to do my exercise.)

Thumbnail by Kelli

weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

November 7, 2006
5:27 PM

Post #2891207

Billyporter, no, I breathed no smoke yesterday. Seems the only thing it destroyed was a pallet yard. It's out and all is well here for now...until some idiot either throws a cigarette out or another idiot thinks that arson is cute. This is fire season here, very warm, dry and windy in some areas. It is very nice outside, the sky is the bluest I've seen in awhile.
BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT
(Zone 6b)

November 7, 2006
5:38 PM

Post #2891246

Sharon, I understand about the sunglasses, I've dropped them off the top of my head and put my foot down right on them practically as they hit the ground. A photo of a bird in full flight is a prize worth getting. Especially if you can turn around and show it to someone on the camrera screen.

Or even better, show it to us. ;-) And roses love the lack of humidity in the desert. A lot of the nuisance of rose is really from that . IMHO hahaha I just know that roses all over town are throwing their last glory and we will have a killing freee any day now. I've got 2 buds of Cl QE out front and a handful of Tropicana out back. THe picture is of my favorite Pleasure.

Kelli, that silk tree turned into quite an education. Outrageous tree. and glad the fire no danger to you. I picture you as near the ocean [relatively] and with the city between you and these blazing canyons.
Weegy, on the other hand is out toward those canyons and ridges. I pass the area on I-15 as I go to visit DD. anyway they said it's under control.. hurrrah.

I echo welcome to the new contributors. seeing and hearing the weather and the lives is great start to my day. My DS is here to collect me and I gotta go. A quick shot of the false plumbago ground cover out back. ~Blooms

Kiska, you have that view from your window? It's a wonder you ever get up from your morning coffee. So much to look at and checkout.

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2006
6:41 PM

Post #2891461

Grey, 50.2(F), 71%, rain.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2006
8:33 PM

Post #2891835

Aawww for the chickadee!
That was a neat picture Sharon, a lot of contrasts, interesting. I hope you get some to root!
Beautiful Rannveig!
Wow Melody. I really love that first photo and the fact they are ''ancient''.
Grape harvest, that is really cool!
I watched a show on cotton not too long ago. I grew cotton a few years ago and still have a seed. Soybeans are something an Iowan can relate to!
Kiska, I love the rearview shot!
Kelli, you have such pretty flowers while I'm in drab surroundings.
Weegy, I hear ya. Glad you didn't get smoked!
Blooms, what a pretty shot of color!

60* tops for us. : ( We were to get to almost 70*. Yesterday was almost nicer.

Looking at everyone's temps, I think we all need to go to Sharons!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2006
9:54 PM

Post #2892082

Rann - excellent pics! It's nice to see the cities and countryside in Iceland.
Melody - I've never seen anything being harvested. Except at my grandmothers by hand! All the grandkids picking beans, corn, etc... Wish they'd had those machines back in the 70's!!!
Kiska - I can't imagine being that cold outside. I lived in England for a couple of years in my teens. I know it got really cold, but it didn't bother me at the time. The "flowers" on the bush/shrub are like little white paint brushes. Very unusual.
Kelli - I feel your pain about the heat. What kind of plant is that?
Weegy - so glad there wasn't any major damage form the fire. We just got out of fire season. Believe me, I understand about the cigarette butts being thrown out of a window.
Joey - is that a chickadee? Very pretty - fat little belly!
Y'all come on down - and bring your dogs so they can run on the beach!!! It's going to be warm (not hot!)for a while! According to the bunny rainmeter we've had 1/2" of rain so far today. 70% chance of thunderstorms tonight and a low of 59.
I know it's a little blurry, but here is a close up of the "flowers".

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2006
9:57 PM

Post #2892085

Here is the sunset on the way home from work...

Thumbnail by MySharona

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2006
10:02 PM

Post #2892104

We had a gorgeous day today.. Sunny and warm, but with just a hint of a cool breeze. So of course I spent the day inside.. It always seems to work out that way. I'll probably have some free time to work in the garden on Friday when it is supposed to storm all day. LOL

Current conditions:
Clear 75F (24C)
Humidity: 40 %
Wind Speed: NW 9 MPH
Barometer: 29.93" (1013.9 mb)
Dewpoint: 49F (9C)
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 7, 2006
10:43 PM

Post #2892239

Marylyn, I envy you your sunny day! We had what seemed a constant downpour from sunrise til mid afternoon. Strange though, there was still a crowd when I went to vote. Rain gauge shows 2 1/4 inches for the day. We really needed it. My garden looks very content. :) Currently:
70F
Overcast
Wind: S at 9 mph
Humidity: 87%

I wanted to contribute a pic that shows something of the area - so here's one I took at the beach Near here, my home town a few weeks ago.

Thumbnail by DebinSC

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 7, 2006
10:44 PM

Post #2892243

Oops! That beach photo was a tad large. Sorry folks.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2006
11:33 PM

Post #2892379

Sob, I want some rain. I'm walkin to Florida thru South Carolina tonight!

Love the flowers. They are different. That's a nice night picture. I like how you can barely see the vehicle, but the ''set'' is so bright!

Deb that large photo was worth it! I watched the wave fill in, then the rocks and another splash. Even the color of the sky was neat.

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2006
11:50 PM

Post #2892415

Helluuuu! Everybody! I made it back alive! It rained all day as predicted...& at present it's 46* & dark ;-)
I didn't get to go to Boone co. because they had some kind of "catastrophy" & won't be ready for the fingerlings until Thursday or Friday. So, I worked at the hatchery for 10 hours & had a Hoot! I was in charge of feeding the babies every 2 hours & we harvested 200 lbs. if fillets. Yes, I was cleaning & filleting for about 5 hours, while tending to the babies! I was a busy girl. And now I'm pooped, but I did have a great day of learning & doing.

Absolutely Great pix Everybody!
Kelli, My Christmas cactus is blooming, too. I repotted it for the 1st time this spring & it bloomed after it was repotted...Now it's doing it again!. I think instead of a Christmas cactus, it should be called a Turkey Cactus! because it always blooms before Turkey Day!.

I think I'll get ready to hit the sack...5:30 comes early...(yawning)

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 7, 2006
11:56 PM

Post #2892450

Afternoon update: 3:30pm, 16 degrees with clear blue skies.
Deb, I too, liked the larger photo.
Thanks for the nice comments as to photos;
Today I decided to finally take a picture of the Eagle nest a few miles from here, along the road. It was Below Zero & don't think the camera likes it that cold..The nest has been there for years but this is the first I've taken. There is another nest nearby and have yet to photo it, either.
The one of the airport is about 3miles from home.
Kelli, is that a Thanksgiving cactus in bloom? Love yours, too, Joey...such a pretty pink.
Sharon, those blossoms are very unusual, aren't they. Love the sunset, too.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2006
12:00 AM

Post #2892466

This the view from the all the windows on the South side of the house., Family room, Kitchen, Sunroom and Bedroom..
Taken about 2:30 this afternoon.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2006
12:04 AM

Post #2892477

Feeding the little ones would be great! Who gets the fillets? X-mas cactus are so pretty!

Wow! That is incredible! I've heard the nest can be 5' across because they add to it each year. I've never seen a real one! I'd like an update every year!

Edited to add, that is a great view. I don't think I could get tired of looking at a mountain or a lake.

This message was edited Nov 7, 2006 7:07 PM

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2006
12:08 AM

Post #2892485

Kiska, that's a monster of a nest! Since I know now that we have Eagle's, I'll have to go looking for a nest or somemore scenery!
Sally, Someone had ordered them, I suppose. After we cleaned them all they were immediately frozen.( about 50 lbs, per container!)
I can't seem to turn this thing off! It keeps callin' me back!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 8, 2006
12:10 AM

Post #2892490

Kiska - below zero. I'll try to comprehend that. ;-)

The hottest place in the country yesterday was Woodland Hills, CA at 97F. That is about two miles from here. Today got to at least 94F but it cools down quickly after the sun goes down. It's about 80F now at 5PM. No humidity in the air to hold any heat. To tell you the truth, I'll take this over below zero.

Joey, does your cactus have a name? Mine is called Thor Nille. I think it was bought as a Christmas cactus but it always blooms around Thanksgiving. I also have a red-flowered one whose first flower of the season will open tomorrow.

Blooms, you are correct. I am not near the latest wildfire. There is a whole bunch of city and a whole bunch of mountains between there and me.

Here's a picture from Sunday.

Thumbnail by Kelli

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2006
12:15 AM

Post #2892508

Sooo. Pretty , Kelli...I have had my cactus about 5 years & bought it at Lowe's as a Christmas Cactus, that's all I know ~ other than it does not bloom at Christmas.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2006
12:29 AM

Post #2892554

Joey - LOL I thought you were going to bed! Your Christmas Cactus is gorgeous! I gotta get one, but it would probably bloom around August!!! LOL!!!!
Kiska - I'm surprised you get anything done with the views you have! I would move from window to window all day!
Kelli - beautiful sunrise/set(?) pic. the colors...
We have to drive to Goergia to see eagles and their nests. The next time we go to St. Mary's, Savannah or Tybee Island I'll try to get some pics.
Billy - come on down - catch some rain and some rays!!
Deb - our jetties look like that! I love the big pic...beautiful!
Have a lovely evening!! I'm not going to bed, but am watching Gilmore Girls!
Sharon
My neighbors Japanese Rain Tree...I think I have to get one for the center of the back yard!!

Thumbnail by MySharona

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2006
12:45 AM

Post #2892602

Joey, laughing! Just one more thread. Oh no, another one popped up, and so it goes. What is it about the word fillet that sounds so tasty? That is the best ''red'' picture. Just peaceful and beautiful.

Kelli, a striking picture!

Don't the neighbors always have at least one thing we don't! ; -)
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2006
3:26 AM

Post #2893081

It's been a long day; now at 7pm, the temp. is Zero degrees and will drop a bit more tonight.
Today was the one-year anniversay of the passing of the Father of our grandson...he was a wonderful father and was only 41...this was taken at the cemetary and was beautiful there this morning; the below zero temperatures make for a distinct stillness..
kiska
alaska

Thumbnail by kiska

BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT
(Zone 6b)

November 8, 2006
4:34 AM

Post #2893244

Kiska - as I remember, the air crackles at those temps. And also my breath used to freeze my braids when I ventured out on my x-cntry skis. Had to be careful not to bend them until they thawed. Lovely view all the same. Glad everybody loves where they are so verry much.

Sometimes I get downright reverent when I am looking at my surroundings. I feel the same looking at your mountains, oceans, flowers.

We got all the way up to 75*F this afternoon after a morning low of 39* It was positively perfect.

Do you realize it's impossible to catch up.?? The cactus pic is black light perfect. Your son is waaay good looking. Great sky Kelli. Oh my we are prolific aren't we.?
I went down Kane creek again towards last light and got a primo shot of the King Cottonwood. that's my name for it. Haven't downloaded yet tho. show you tomorrow. ~Bloos
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2006
5:09 AM

Post #2893286

Blooms; and the snow squeeks as you walk, the wooden deck "pops" and "snaps" as it gets colder and when walked on...lots of changes happen..
I wonder how we end up being where we are, if not born to an area...and we seem to
love it...
look forward to your photo in the morning.
joey, love your door-scape; so wintery
Facing player: my granddaughter
kiska

This message was edited Nov 8, 2006 7:09 AM

Thumbnail by kiska

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2006
8:33 AM

Post #2893450

Good morning!

Kiska your last post was less than two hours before I got up this morning - big time difference! Love the photo of you granddaughter on the ice! And all the others too. Sorry to hear about the passing of your son-in-law. What an ordeal to go through.

Sharon that japanese rain tree is a must have! It's gorgeous :-) What pretty trees you and Kelli have growing there in the tropics! The white flowered bush is very different, sure hope you'll get it to root.

Kelli - love your sunset photo!

Joey- your red door photo could be a christmas card - it's great! Glad you had a nice day yesterday at the hatchery :-)

Debi - great beach photo! Please show us more photos from where you live.

It's overcast, calm winds, 34 and now we have a light dusting of snow covering the street and sidewalk. It disappears in the grass - but still it brightens things up a bit :-) Sunrise is now at 9:33 and sunset will be at 4:49 pm.

Have a nice day!
Rannveig

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2006
9:13 AM

Post #2893466

53.2(F), 95% & dark
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2006
9:50 AM

Post #2893485

Joey - I agree with Rann - that pic could be on a Christmas card! Great contrast.
Billy - I want their boat too! Oh well, the price of a boat can cost as much as a house...I'd rather be in the garden anyway!
Kiska - I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm with Joey that these photos can be very reverant. Your picture conveys that very well. Your granddaughter can ice skate better than me!! Very cute picture!
No snow - still dark- the flora and fauna are happy with the rain (1" here) they received yesterday. The high today is 71 -
Partly Cloudy
Temp: 65F
Humidity: 90%
Wind Speed: W 5 mph
Barometer: 29.70 in.
Dewpoint: 62F
Heat Index: 64F
Wind Chill: 65F
Sunrise: 6:45 AM EST
Sunset: 5:33 PM EST
My little Callie...

Thumbnail by MySharona

patischell
Fort Pierce, FL
(Zone 10a)

November 8, 2006
12:24 PM

Post #2893696

"We have to drive to Goergia to see eagles and their nests."

MySharona, my daughter lives in Bartow, FL on Eagles Nest Road! There is a power line that runs along side of it, and the Eagles build on the platforms. It's just amazing how many nests there are. Now the land is being developed for condo's and such, so I guess it won't be long until they move on.

We had a few days of on and off light drizzling rain, just enough to green-up the grass, but I'm still watering the containers. Just kinda' cloudy, no rain expected until NEXT Wednesday. (sigh)
Pati

Observed at: Ft Pierce, Florida
Elevation: 23 ft / 7 m

70 F / 21 C
Overcast
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 66 F / 19 C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h from the WNW

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2006
1:42 PM

Post #2893921

Morning ya'll...

It's a beautiful day with temps anticipated in the 60's...YAY! Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer. Very little wind, so it will be a lovely couple of days. Things are totally saturated from the rain, so there will be no garden clean-up till it dries, but maybe I'll get to mow by the weekend.

I guess I don't post enough pictures of the planting/harvesting cycle. I take it for granted, as we live in such an agricultural area. Corn, tomatoes, soybeans, pecans, wheat, apples, peaches, milo, cotton, rice and tobacco are all common crops. Folks also have commercial chicken houses and pig farms where the animals are raised for the large meat companies...and commercial catfish ponds for the same purpose. Cattle are raised too, but as far as I know, there are no commercial 'feed lots' in the area...just folks who graze a herd on their property.

guess I'll have to pay more attention and show off these things...

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2006
3:29 PM

Post #2894265

7am- 3 degrees, stars twinkling between some clouds; no wind yet so the snow and frost still hang nicely on the trees.
Thanks for the kind thoughts; our grandson is now 16 and his dad would have been proud of him...still breaks my heart...
MySharona: I got quite a chuckle about your "no snow" comment...
Rann; The time difference is amazing; and yet, through DG, we never notice it.
Melody - would be good to see more harvest photos..here, cool weather crops are harvested in late August/early Sept. Carrots, potatoes, cabbages are the main crops.
Hope you get the rain, Patischell, with the flooding in Washington State, too bad it doesn't even out all over the US.
kiska
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 8, 2006
4:48 PM

Post #2894510

Sharon, your white-flowered bush reminds me of a baccharis, though I don't know if any live in the east.

Record-breaking high of 93F yesterday. Average is 70F. Today is supposed to be 85F.
BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT
(Zone 6b)

November 8, 2006
8:00 PM

Post #2895045

It's 74 out Low was 37 no clouds.

Joey, if you're not using that photo for your Season's greetings you surely should. Lovely balance.
It's neat how you sound so enthusiastic even about gutting/cleaning fish. And just how does one 'feed' the babies? LOL

Kiska, she looks like a capable skater, how old? they start these sports so early. Or do kids just look younger as I get older? neverrrrr mind...
I feel the dunce as I did not read your earlier post correctly, saw grandfather instead. Still I felt the reverence in your photo and do hurt for the pain in your heart.

I took so many pics of my favorite cottonwood that i had a hard time choosing. So I picked the one that showed the low angle sun glow.

question: if it rains at the wrong time, like right at harvest time does it spoil the cotton crop?
~Blooms

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2006
8:13 PM

Post #2895093

68(F), 81%, in the last hour it has gone from Grey to extremely bright!

Used a pick-axe to bend enough of the front bumper out of the way and can now open the drivers door fully, I know - it's a small victory, but I'll take any at this point. Got next weekend off & gonna work on the headlight situation if the wx holds.
BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT
(Zone 6b)

November 8, 2006
8:47 PM

Post #2895202

hurrah Dyson, bright is good.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2006
9:14 PM

Post #2895312

1pm - 18 very bright and sunny degrees...just beautiful as the snow glistens and sparkles...
Blooms; what a gorgeous tree - breathtaking golden color; thank you for the kind thoughts, too.
The little skater is now 5. She started skating and hockey at age 4. "Playing" hockey is used lightly, as for now, it's just too cute..notice her pink hockey stick?
Good going, Dyson - bright is nice and getting your car door open is good..
9:30am - the sun was just peeking up over the mts.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2006
9:22 PM

Post #2895340

I've got to remember to take the camera tomorrow, The windshield shots would have been good today on the way home.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2006
9:34 PM

Post #2895383

Kiska, so sorry for the Father, Mother and Son. I agree, the cemetary picture is reverent. We haven't had the squeaky snow and frozen nose-hair cold for many years. I do not miss it! The Granddaughter skates better than me too! : )

Callie is so pretty! I'm partial to cats with green eyes.

Blooms, that is the prettiest Cottonwood! I need to get a picture of the huge one we have in town. It's an old one! I love the rock wall too.

Yaayyy Dyson! may the light be with you!

It hit 70*!!! I raked the walnut leaves and sticks off the South Peony bed and picked up the last of the walnuts. I brought my composted dirt in and half filled pots for transplanting February's tomatoes and peppers into. I brought a bucketful more to the garage. It was moist, so I suppose I'll have a bucket shaped ice cube when I need it.
It's dropped to 68* and the sun is low in the sky. Darkness is not too far off. Light me a candle Dyson!

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2006
9:34 PM

Post #2895384

Helluuuu! Everybody! I finally made it back! Was running late this morning (forgot to set my alarm!).

It's 56* & has been drizzling hard all day! ~ And foggy all day. The clouds have been on the ground ~ Quite gloomy.
I went to classes today. Apparently the "catastrophy" will take some time to correct. We are planning on going to Boone Co. next week sometime.
Sally, "That is the best ''red'' picture. Just peaceful and beautiful." That one of the main reasons I love the snow!
And I suppose I could make cards from it...
Blooms, the babies are fed (by hand) feed pellets. It's fun, like watching your kids eating their favorite food! :-D A couple got so excited that they just jumped right out of the tank...Not to fear, "mommy" put them back in! :-) Did you get some more "glyph" pix yet? Can't wait! But I do love those golden trees!!!
Rannveig! You'll never guess what my Biol. Prof. brought for me to read today!...Remember when I think it was zest, you, & my self were talking about "bogs" & I brought up the Cranberry Glades (of WV)? The book he bought is titled " Through Nature to Eternity" ~ The bog bodies of N.W. Europe...I'll d-mail you!
Sharon, That Callie is a "poser"!
Dyson ~ If you beat that thang Too Much you're likely to have a new dent or hole "summers" else! ;-)

Kiska, It takes much healing to go thru when the family member is one of the younger ones...
May you have Peace in Healing...

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2006
9:45 PM

Post #2895422

Joey - thank you;
I had had doubts about sharing something so personal; and perhaps put a damper on the thread, but it's been the best thing I've done-the kind words from you all has made me realize just how we, as people, understand one another..thanks so much. The flowers are beautiful.
kiska
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 8, 2006
10:07 PM

Post #2895495

I have Cottonwood envy!! ;-> Nature's gift to the photographer.
And Kiska, if I were you, I'd never want to leave that view! I llove mountains and I love the west! But if I left, I'd miss the things I love about the Carolinas. Ahh well.
Sharona, I also am adding "Rain Tree" to my wish list (although I bet it's not hardy to Zone 8. :(..
Here's another shot of my "lowcountry" area. Took this about 7AM a few weeks ago when I came across this bunch o' Ibis just waking up along the creek. Still really mild here btw. 50s tonight, low 70s tomorrow, humid.

Thumbnail by DebinSC

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2006
10:29 PM

Post #2895566

What a fun photo, Deb.
kiska
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2006
10:44 PM

Post #2895608

We were cloudy almost all day and never reached the 71 highstayed around 66 not that Im complaining!
Pati Ive never seen an eagle on this end. We always see them around St. Marys and Folkston (GA).
Melody - I would love to see more harvesting pics as well. I didnt realize all those crops are local in your area. This thread is like an education channel!
Kelli The heat, I feel for you. I get to the point in the summer where I cant stand it.
Blooms What a beautiful pictureIm in awe. I think Ill just stick with the kids learn sports early now!
Dyson So glad the weather has gotten better for you! A pretty day really does help. Good going with the pick axe! I would never have thought to do that to get the door open! Im such a girly girl (except for gardening)!
Kiska Pink is my favorite color! I would use a pink hockey stick, that is, if I could play any form of hockey!
Billy Callie is my granny kitty shes 8 y/o, has a chunky monkey tummy, and her fur is so soft, like down. It doesnt look it, but her fur very, very soft! I saw on the news that there is a huge heat wave moving through the states. Our high tomorrow is supposed to be 80L
Joey what is a bog body and do I really want to know?!! I think I remember something on PBS about them about 10 years ago, very sad situation if I recall and also, what is a glyph pic?? Ive never heard of themplease educate meI dont like not knowing about issues that are introduced!
Going back to Spring, this is Fred - he hung out for a couple of days, stayed in the tarragon, chives and the flag pole!!

This message was edited Nov 8, 2006 6:45 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2006
11:53 PM

Post #2895784

Sharon, Fred was a handsome fella! and your Callie is a sweetheart!

Kelli - I feel for you - high 90's is just too hot - no matter what time of year it is.
Deb - that is a great photo of the ibis lined up! Great surroundings too - love the misty fog :-)

Kiska - wonderful photo of the sun peaking through the tree. I didn't notice the pink hockey stick earlier but at that age pink is the only color there is (I have two very PINK girls) - they're both in ballet (and pink from head to toe) :-)

Joey - yes I remember that discussion - looking forward to hearing more ;-)

billyporter - do you have a photo of that walnut tree? I've heard so much about it - I'm curious about how walnut trees look :-)

Bloom - that is the most gorgeous cottonwood I've ever seen! Just awesome! It's so nicely formed and such a stunning color!! The surroundings are gorgeous too!
Melody - looking forward to more photos! There sure are a lot of crops growing around your parts! Wow!

Dyson - glad to hear it's clearing up and good luck with the car. Hope you remember to take your camera with you - I love seeing the different surroundings on this thread. Sharon you're right this thread is like an educational channel - only more fun! :-)

Here's a photo I took this morning out on our street at 10:30 in the morning of the "snow" :-) It's not much but at least it's something. My girls are praying for more. I think we could get some more snow tonight, unfortunately it'll turn into slush in the morning when it starts to rain. Then we're due to get another storm tomorrow night - not looking forward to that :-(

Thumbnail by rannveig

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2006
11:57 PM

Post #2895792

Kiska, you posted ahead of me earlier. Nice shot of light thru the trees! I love sunrise. I am torn between liking to sleep and liking to be up before the sun. Maybe the sun needs to come up at 7:15 am so I have time to enjoy the dark! I went back and had a chuckle over the pink hocky stick. Well, that's OK. They are getting exercise!

Joey, the flowers were a nice touch. I wish I would remember to be more thoughtful.

Deb, that is the neatest unusual picture! I've loved the word Ibis ever since we read the Scarlet Ibis in school. I still think about that story off and on. Thanks for the memory jog.

Fred is a nice looking frog!

They are pretty sure it's going to rain tomorrow. I am so ready! I want to sit in my kitchen and sort thru recipes. I also need to bake an apple something. I have a bowlful slowly shriveling on the porch. Waste not, want not!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2006
12:02 AM

Post #2895811

Rannveig, I'm a slow typer today, always one step behind. I'll take a picture of our bare tree and the nuts I've already shelled. Unfortunately there are no green ones left and I picked the rest of the blackened ones up today and tossed them across the road.
petralittledog
Salina, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 9, 2006
12:59 AM

Post #2895974

Humidity: 45 %
Wind Speed: S 6 MPH
Barometer: 29.55" (1000.3 mb)
Dewpoint: 43F (6C)
current temp 65

Hit a high of 89 today. Hard to believe, haven't heard if that was a record.

Fred is a neat frog. Don't believe we have that type of frogs around hear.

I would bring toads home & put in the garden, but quit after I found out Petra, my dog, was eating them. No more.

Took an extra day off of work so I could work outside & try to get more cleanup done for fall. Actually have quite a bit done. Most of the leaves are raked & bagged, just need to haul them over to the compost pile in the corner. Maybe I'll get home early enough tomorrow to get that done.

Enjoying all the pictures.

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 9, 2006

Post #2895979

Well...DH says that it's 451/2* & dark!! I called him Dyson. :-D

HEHE Sharon! Bog bodies are bodies found in bogs (sorry ~ I can't quit chuckling);-) FYI there have been some found in Fla. (grinning) And a "glyph" pic is hyroglyphics. Blooms just shortened it & it stuck. So now you are an educated woman! :-D --- I love your little Fred. I think tree frogs are so cute! All we have are the ugly toads, which draw snakes! Mostly copperheads! Yuck!
Rannveig, I cannot put the book down!...It is very interesting. These people have been so completely preserved! ~ Clothes & all! ---- Does the snow bother your Fibro?
Sally, you are probably have burnout on apples by now...how many have you already put up?
Deb, That's Great "misty morning" shot! You were certainly up & at 'em!
Kiska, I always send roses to folks I am concerned about...

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2006
2:14 AM

Post #2896214

Deb, love the picture, fog, water and ibis. So wonderful to contemplate. Sometimes I do miss misty mornings. Used to live in the Adirondacks where you could barely go a hundred feet without coming to a creek or beaver pond or lake of one size or another. First thing I had to learn when I moved out here was to _always_ carry water.

Rann, kids always want snow. It's exciting and different and maybe an interruption in schedules.
Isn't that great.? Enthusiasm. Do the kids there get a chance to play at hockey?

Sorry about that Sharon, lots of us out here call them 'glyphs - a little irreverant I guess. Haven't been out there yet. I have some pics I took with the Mavica, with no idea how to locate it at this point. Turns out the computor becomes a lot like my shoeboxes of 4x6 prints. A jumble. LOL

Dyson, I've had cars that had their fenders pried free. door worked car went down road. what more can one ask.
~~~~ waving at everybody ~~ Blooms

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2006
2:16 AM

Post #2896227

Joey, I wrote down that I made applesauce but not how much. It's buried in the freezer. I canned 6 quarts of apple chunks and 7 quarts of apple slices. I dehydrated 24 trays and made a deep dish of apple crisp. I kept out a 5 gallon bucketful to eat and we made 47 gallons of apple juice. Here is my cider press link.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/583159/

I watched a show on bog bodies and looked it up on the internet. Some are sad stories, as much as they know about them. It is goulishly interesting.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 9, 2006
2:45 AM

Post #2896387

I don't know what it got up to today but it wasn't as hot as yesterday.

At my grandma's house, we made apple cider using a sausage press. I don't have any pictures of that. Back when you're a teenager, don't think about such things. You think that life is going to continue on in the same fashion forever.

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 9, 2006
2:48 AM

Post #2896401

Pretty cool, Sally. I had read somewhere (but not on that thread) about you putting up alot of apples & I think I asked about apple butter, course my mind tends to get fogged up when I try to watch too many threads. ;-)

What's so interesting about the bod bodies was the part about the Floridians. Of course they were Native Americans. I read a series of Books by a husband & wife that are archeologists, do paleo-Native American digs, then write fiction about what could actually have happened. I read a book a few years ago about that very dig in Fla. And then Prof.Stone brings that book in today! Soooo Cool!

Kelli, That's when you haven't got a care in the world...aahhh children!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2006
3:03 AM

Post #2896454

Beautiful boy! He needs to give us ladies a soulful look into the camera!

It is so cool that he brought the book! (I need to learn how to underline. Sometimes enthusiasm doesn't come across without it.)

Kelli, I can't even picture a sausage press. I hear you on no pictures. If we only knew we would be joining Dave's all those years ago, you'd see some pictures!!! : )
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 9, 2006
3:03 AM

Post #2896455

I thought that bog bodies were in Denmark.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2006
3:15 AM

Post #2896483

Laughing, I thought Ireland, in peat bogs. I'm going to have to Google it again. It's been a long time since I saw the program.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2006
9:22 AM

Post #2896821

Dark- 52.0(F), 85%.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2006
10:02 AM

Post #2896832

Good Morning!
Billy please post a pic of the walnut tree. I bet you get a heck of a workout using that press! Very cool!
Petra I know there was a record high in Wichita yesterday. I remember when I went there for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago, I took the heat with me. It was 20 before I got there. When I arrived, it was in the 80s! All the clothes I had with me were newly purchased heavy winter clothes! Even had to buy a winter coat!
Joey Ahhhhhhhhh hieroglyphics - now it all makes sense!! LOL Honestly, I didnt know they found bog bodies here, but I guess it would make sense as well, with all of our marshes and swamps. I dont know about Ireland, but I do know they make a heck of a good scotch with that peat water ewwww I just thought about thatghoulish indeed!
Deb love the misty morning pic as well. The rain tree starts out green, the flowers and the flowers turn yellow then pink. Its just gorgeous cycle to watch. It flowers 2-3 times a year that Ive noticed.
Heres my young un14. Wants to join the Marines. Told us last night about his girlfriend Ashley..and so the growing up begins!
Heres the forecast today: oh our high was changed to 73.
Clear
Temp: 59F
Humidity: 72%
Wind Speed: W 7 MPH
Barometer: 29.79 in.
Dewpoint: 50F
Heat Index: 59F
Wind Chill: 58F
Sunrise: 6:46 AM EST
Sunset: 5:32 PM EST

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2006
10:02 AM

Post #2896834

Father & son goofing off - that's reynolds wrap on their teeth!!

Thumbnail by MySharona

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 9, 2006
10:17 AM

Post #2896843

Good Morning All! I remembered to set my alarm this morning! We have 53* & dark as well! :-)
I guess this is a "dark " subject...
Well, you guys were doing better than me ...about the "bb's". I didn't know there was a name for it. (Of course DH knew...He tends not to share stuff, assuming that I already know it! ;)They have been found from Germany & Denmark to Ireland...& all points in between.
Sharon...you're lucky! At least you can get a Pose! :-))
This child will dodge me when I get that camera out! You have no idea how many pix I have tried to take of him! And this is all I can get...

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2006
11:55 AM

Post #2896954

Good morning! It's a bit windy and WET, no snow :-( Temp. is 44. We're supposed to get a storm sometime tonight and tomorrow ... which is really bad because my DH and I are flying to Copenhagen (again!) tomorrow. Sure hope there won't be too much of a delay. Keeping my fingers crossed that the forecast will be off this time.
Sunrise was at 9:37 and sunset will be at 4:46.

Billyporter (Sally?) - that is a nice looking cider press - it's an antique! And all those apples, wow!

Joey - my fibro always gets worse during winter - don't know what it is - probably the cold weather and endless colds (having kids in preschool and elementary school insures a constant supply of all kinds of cold and flu bugs ... )

Blooms - waving back at you accross the atlantic :-) There are two skating rings in Iceland - one in Reykjavik and one in Akureyri in the north. So there are two hockey teams - it's a very new sport here. I don't know how young they can start. My younger one's talked about that she'd like to learn to ice skate - I should probably take the girls to the ice skating ring and let them try it! I think she'd be more interested in figure skating than hockey though ;-) When I was a kid the lakes would freeze over more often, and I'd go iceskating with my dad. Really loved it but never learned any tricks though. Just go - and stop. And my toes were always frozen ... fun but very COLD memories :-)

Sharon and Joey - what handsome boys you have - you must be so proud :-) I can't tell you how glad I am that my girls are still "little" - not looking forward to the growing up part :-S

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 9, 2006
3:54 PM

Post #2897696

7:30am. Dark. Minus 2 degrees, with a high of 15 degrees..Also in the forecast are clouds moving in bringing snow. The cloud cover should bring the temperature up a bit.
Sunrise: 8:49am - Set: 4:30 loss of 5m22seconds.
Billyporter: what a great machine your apple press is..very impressive..first one I've seen.
Rann: Glad you had some snow; kids do love it. Have a good trip., We're going to Cancun, Mexico on Sunday, for the week, and can't imagine just how warm it's going to be...
Joey, at least we get a glimpse of your camera-shy son-good try...again, thanks so much; I love the blooming cactus..
MySharona-cute son, looks like he and his dad have fun together.
Hatcher Pass last April...looks the same now.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 9, 2006
4:11 PM

Post #2897761

Joey, it looks like your son is kind of like me. I don't care for pictures of myself, though it looks like he's better-looking than me.

Rann, have you ever tried malic acid for fibro? Thank God I don't have the problem but I've heard a little tiny bit about using it. http://www.painstresscenter.com/mall/Book-MalicAcid.asp

They're calling for a high of 74F today. That's more like it. Now that company is gone, some rain would be nice. Nothing in the forecast, though.
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2006
6:02 PM

Post #2898040

Well, Blooms moisture is rarely desired for most crop harvest and cooton is especially affected by it.
My family on BM's side were farmers in Hale County, Texas.
Ireally missed alot in 3 days. Wonderful pictures!
Here is a new thread; http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/669009/
Please join us there.
Sidney
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2006
7:15 PM

Post #2898241

Ok, so I took like about a dozen shots on the way home and only had one come out (better camera is on the list ( why do I make list anyways they never seem to happen)).

93.9???, gotta find a better place for the outside temp unit.

Thumbnail by Dyson

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2006
7:47 PM

Post #2898321

Thanks for sharing your photo Dyson - looks like you have a very scenic drive to work :-)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America