Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Redwoods - Big, Bigger and Odd

Beaverton, OR

The past several months, I've been to the redwoods about every other week. Just went Halloween day. Brookings next door was very quite when I went to Harris Beach State Park to spend the night before the morning romp in the woods. The gal in the espresso stand, said I was the first person in an hour and a half to stop in.

I'm sure I posted this album elsewhere, but here's the album I'm slowly adding too.

Yesterday, I added one of the last frames. It's small video showing a few "this and thats".

Geez, I must be a sore-back from work on Monday. I laughed at myself walking like Lurch.

Anyhow, the video clip was a quick throw-together, to post on a site which arborists use. A couple of them are thinking about checking out the redwoods and Oregon north of it.

Thumbnail by mdvaden
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Thank you for the beautiful walk in the Dawn Redwoods Mdvaden. That is the kind that are there right? I haven't been there in over 30 years. Now I can visit often thanks to your recording. Steve

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

thanks for the personalized tour! looks like a fun hike. we have driven through the redwood forest, but really did not have time to stop and do any long hikes. looks like there are plenty of interesting things to see. we will have to go back someday.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Awesome pics. Love the mushrooms. I have never seen a redwood. They are very impressive but I'm sure pictures do not do them justice. Mnay things in nature are that way. Like waterfalls. You have to experience them with all the senses.

Beaverton, OR

Especially true of caves.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I love the Lost Sea in SweetWater, Tn.

Satsuma, AL(Zone 8b)

Caves are a blast!

Lost Sea is beautiful, but there are at least 10,000 other caves in the TN/AL/GA area. Lots more to see...

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I've been to Racoon Caverns, Ruby Falls and another one I can't recall the name of. Maybe Bristol Caverns.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.