Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

International Trading: Question: marking the envelope to go overseas?

Communities > Forums > International Trading
bookmark
Forum: International TradingReplies: 4, Views: 108
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gina_Rose
Hollywood, FL
(Zone 10b)

November 6, 2006
7:18 PM

Post #2887842

When I looked on the USP site, they showed a few methods of sending overseas, but didn't really mention if I had to mark my envelope or not; they just had this list here:
http://ircalc.usps.gov/intl_speed.asp?CID=10013&MailType=envelope&Pounds=0&Ounces=1

So I guess my question is, is just having the correct addresses and postage enough to get my letter overseas, or must I use some special label on my envelope to declare how I want the letter to get there?

Thanks! ~Gina
wallaby1
Lincoln
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

November 6, 2006
9:08 PM

Post #2888150

Gina if you take it to a Post Office they will advise you, most go by air mail and have a label on to mark it as such otherwise they can go by sea, which takes much longer.

If it looks to be more than just a letter you will most likely be asked to fill out a customs form to stick on it. Remember to check if what you are sending to a specific country is allowed when sending seeds or a plant.
annette68
Townsville
Australia
(Zone 10a)

November 6, 2006
9:26 PM

Post #2888215

Hi Gina,

Every letter I get from the U.S. has 84cents in stamps and an airmail sticker, lol, btw your seeds are on there way.

Cheers Annette
Gina_Rose
Hollywood, FL
(Zone 10b)

November 6, 2006
9:57 PM

Post #2888304

Thanks Wallaby- it fit nicely as just a slightly bulky card.

Hey Annette (I never mentioned, but that's my mother's name- spelling too!) :)
I had a feeling that I'd need some sticker to suggest airmail!! I thought maybe they just send it airmail by default... whoops... lol, well if you don't receive the letter in at least the amount of time it takes by sea, I've still got seeds left; I made sure that I would just in case the first one doesn't go through for some reason or other.
::crossing my fingers::

~Gina
annette68
Townsville
Australia
(Zone 10a)

November 6, 2006
11:21 PM

Post #2888611

Hi Gina,

I have a feeling that is goes by airmail by default, I have received mail with it just hand written on it. I will let you know when they arrive;)

Not too many Annettes floating around.French name meaning grace, and little Anne, just some useless info for you.

Cheers Annette

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other International Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
CLOSED: Who can I trade seeds with? singleyellowros 23 Feb 11, 2008 3:12 PM
CLOSED: Looking for Japanese Morning glory seeds and Japanese iris gloriag 2 Jun 7, 2008 6:05 PM
Palm seeds for trade gcolbert28303 5 May 5, 2008 12:57 AM
Salvia Seeds for Salvia Seeds:) annette68 6 Oct 30, 2007 4:01 AM
Ipomoea batatas B1ZZYL1ZZY 19 May 18, 2007 9:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America