Postage amt on a bubble envelope?

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

My local post office says that unless I have a permit for bulk mailing etc, the minimum amt of postage to mail a bubble envelop is $0.63. She says its $0.39 plus $0.24 for each additional ounce. Just wandering why some people send bubblers for $0.52 instead of the $0.63? Maybe they have a permit?

Deborah

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Deborah,

I pay 52 cents for a bubble wrap envelope. That is an ounce of weight. I don't ask the post office. I go to the website and do the calculate postage there.

What you get for 52 cents is the 1 ounce, and the cost to not cancel by machine.

The website is set up and incorporated with the rules. The human brain doesn't have the same capacity and anytime you ask a different human the same question, you will probably get different answers. Since postage is not a "life or death" issue, no one down there seems to care if they are right or wrong.

And that is my attitude today, which does not include the people in my own local post office.

Molly
:^))))

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

I received some seeds in a bubble envelope the other day and it was stamped 13 cent postage due because it had to be hand stamped. My postman paid the 13 cents for me. I never knew it was extra for hand stamping.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Simplified domestic rate chart is here for first class mail: http://www.usps.com/rates/first-class-mail-rates.htm

39 cents for first ounce, plus 13 cents for nonmachinable surcharge = 52 cents for bubble envelopes under 1 oz.

24 cents for each additional ounce (surcharge no longer applies) = 63 cents for BE's under 2 oz.

and so on... first class weight limit is 13 oz, and then you switch to priority mail.

HTH!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Thank you for the link. The postal clerk in my home town sure could use it too.

Orlando, FL

Well, I always thought it was 39 for first oz and 24 for second. I am going to have to ask the postoffice about that. I never heard of them charging for cancelling the postage by hand....Maybe some of the postoffices are ripping off people...I used to work in there so I know but have been retired for about 5 yrs. I still have friends in there tho so I will find out. Fran

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images