-
AuthorContent
artcons
Fort Lauderdale, FL
(Zone 10b)

November 15, 2006
11:20 AM

Post #2914980

I cut this in a garden recently. The owner said it was a var of Aster. The bush was about 5' tall. She thought it was a Florida native. I could not find any Florida native Aster that looked like this.

In my picture the petals are slightly lighter and in reality should be slightly more violet than shown, but not as dark as the closed flower (extreme left side) also shown. The flower is about 1/2 inch in diameter.

Anyone know what it is?

Thanks,

Art

Thumbnail by artcons
Click the image for an enlarged view.

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 15, 2006
10:51 PM

Post #2917149

a total guess, but maybe Brachyscome iberidifolia (Swan River Daisy). seems to me they have leaves like that.

this one, plus some more. http://davesgarden.com/pf/search.php?search_text=swan river daisy&Search=Search

This message was edited Nov 15, 2006 7:43 PM
artcons
Fort Lauderdale, FL
(Zone 10b)

November 16, 2006
1:03 AM

Post #2917529

I would say it's not the Brachyscome. The petals of all the Brachyscome listed here are nice neat petals. In my picture the petals are all skewered and not nice and neat looking as are the Brachyscome. All the blooms so far have looked like the one in my picture. None have appeared neat and orderly. Another point, mine came from a bush that was about 5 feet tall and about 4 feet wide. It was full of branches containing lots of these little flowers. Even though the bush had lots of flowers and small leaves, it looked almost bare for it's size.

Thanks,
Art

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America