November's daily weather 2006, Part III

Okeechobee, FL(Zone 10a)

Well it's time for a new thread. We will be keeping Darius in our prayers.
It's so cold and wet up here where I am working that I took tonight off.
East Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
Elevation: 615 ft / 187 m
38.0 F / 3.3 C
Overcast
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 38 F / 3 C
Wind: 6.7 mph / 10.8 km/h from the North
Wind Gust: 7.8 mph / 12.6 km/h
Pressure: 29.54 in / 1000.2 hPa
Windchill: 33 F / 1 C
and between now and the next nine hours it won't be getting any better.
Here is a picture from my files of a great sky.
Sidney
Please come by often to post your pictures and daily weather and musings.

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

52.2(F), 74%, Dark & it sounds windy, but I'm not going out to check. Have a good evening all!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Dark and windy here too, Dyson. Beware of widow-makers in your wooded area, in this high wind

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Great sunset, Sidney

Dark here, too, but not windy.

Updated: 6:51 PM PST on November 16, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
67 F / 19 C
Clear
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 36 F / 2 C
Wind: Calm

This message was edited Nov 16, 2006 7:25 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

We had our winds yesterday and the day before. Because we were on the edge of the storm that blew into the Rockies. No precip for us.

Sidney, am so glad you can take the night off when the weather is so mean. Be careful out there, weather can be the final straw. totally amazing sunset. So brilliant. we get those sometimes. Tonight ours was just pale by coparison.

Now it's really dark here. as it's late. LOL
today's Hi - 62, Low was 27, [ice in the buckets]
must be cloudy out there, the humidity is up to 62%
I've finished the other thread and loved the pics.
Rann, with those temps and those winds you could freeze your ears and nose. Stay inside.
~Blooms

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Blooms - well my ears were warm and cozy but my nose did freeze a bit ;-)

Sidney - glad to hear you could take the night off - you deserve some rest :-)

Fortuanetly it's not as windy today but it is cold! It's 21F, still very dark at almost 9 am and 18 mph winds, gusting to 28 mph - a bit breezy still, but nothing like yesterday :-) I think it's partially cloudy.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Still dark, however the wind seems to have abated, I did not hear any major limbs hit la casa de doublewide during the eve. And there was no evidance of power outages (flashing clocks) so all is well.

42.3(F), 77%, got to go to work..

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning All! It's 47* & Dark! It's finally quit raining! Man, what a miserable day, yesterday! I stayed wet all day! Not to mention the bucket of water that was dumped on me! lol I got home last night at 8:30 & was so cold & wet...I took a shower to warm up then I went to bed! I'll get the pix ready for you all this evening. The hatchery flooded yesterday & it took us 2 extra hours to get the babies loaded! We had to ship them in semi-muddy water! But the majority seemed to fair well & it looks as if they are going to like their new home!
Love all your pix! and would love to comment on them all, but i've got to get ready for school...I'm glad I studied for that test earlier!

Take care & I'll get back with you this evening! (thinking of Darius!)
Fall in the Woods

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

Scream!!! I lost all my comments in cyberspace!!!

Marylin, that's the way it goes. Colds around here started a few weeks ago. I haven't heard of any flu yet. (Crossed fingers.)

Rannveig, wonderful pictures! It really gives a feel to where you live.

Littlepath, Welcome! I love your name.

Sharon, they have a spike of small white flowers. These grow in light shade.

Early, how wonderful! DD has them all over. They dug a pond beside one and it slowly trickles in. They have jewelweed growing all over. A big congratulations to your sister! I couldn't sing to save my life. :(

Suger, that is beyond gorgeous. Your skies never disappoint! I'm glad you were able to get the night off. That sounds miserable. No good to have cold seep into your bones!

Seeds, just the word ''widow-makers'' sounds scary!

Kelli, that is beautiful!

Blooms, all sky pictures are wonderful!

Oh Joey, a bucket of water! A short scream mentally escaped me! Wow, the leaves are beautiful! So many different shapes all fallen together.

We were barely 30* and cloudy at 4:10 am. (When the cat throws up, you get up.) Its calm for a change, but the wind is supposed to pick up later. Not a nice day at all. At least the morning paper was here by 4:30 am so I've been out. It's so quiet.

Jewelweed. We'll try this again.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Sidney - so glad you took last night off. I can't imagine working outside in that kind of weather. Hopefully the weather will clear some today. Beautiful sunset.
Se_eds - what are wdiow-makers?
Kelli - Love the Christmas cactus!
Blooms - that looks like one of our sunsets! All that pink and blue!
Littlepath - Welcome!
Sally - LOL - kitty barf - yep it's time to get up!! ;) Been there many times.
Marylyn - so sorry you're not feeling well. No colds/flu here yet...
It's a pretty morning here - not dark - no snow!
Here's the forecast.. our high today is 65 and our low tonight is 39 brrrrrrrrrr
Clear
Temp: 48F
Humidity: 74%
Wind Speed: VRB 6 MPH
Barometer: 30.00 in.
Dewpoint: 40F
Heat Index: 48F
Wind Chill: 45F
Sunrise: 6:53 AM EST
Sunset: 5:28 PM EST

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning, everyone! I'm feeling better today. My wonderful husband came home last night and took over the bunnies and sent me to bed. Yayy! :-) I'm sure the little bunny brought this cold home from school. I popped in there on Wednesday, and everyone's noses were dripping. And since they are 3 and 4 year olds in there, they're not very good about using tissues and covering their mouths when they sneeze.

Someone around the corner from us is either having a really big party for breakfast, or else is having a garage sale.. There are cars parked everywhere! LOL

I hope you all have drier days today! I'm very glad, too, that you took the night off, Sidney!

It is very pretty here again. The big bunny and I may need to do the writing and math parts of our homeschooling on the driveway with chalk this afternoon. :-)

Current conditions:
Fair 50F (10C) (It's supposed to get up to 70)
Humidity: 68 %
Wind Speed: E 6 MPH
Barometer: 30.06" (1018.5 mb)
Dewpoint: 40F (4C)
Wind Chill: 48F (9C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

With prayers for Darius...
~ Marylyn

(Zone 5a)

Sharon, the perfect picture. I could walk right out of it and enjoy your weather.

Marylyn, I goofed on your name earlier. Where is that spellchecker! Lessons in chalk. That would be fun. If you have a long walk! Maybe you could sneak next door. Someone might hand you a plate. :))

Darius, I forgot to send good thoughts your way earlier. They're coming thru now! A bright blue sky with the moon peeking thru in the top third of the silver maple tree. Get well!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

good morning!

The clouds and rain have passed and it's bright and sunny this today. No wind to speak of, just gusts here and there all day yesterday...the worst went south. We totaled about 3.5 inches of rain on already soaked ground....makes it pretty mushy in places.

Today's high will be about 50.

(Zone 5a)

Marylyn glad you're feeling better! My younger one stayed home with a cold today - it's cold season after all. And you're so right, at that age the whole group gets it ..... and I too ofcourse ... Feeling a bit out of sorts today - could it possibly be that awfully cold day yesterday???

Joey - sounds like you had a rough (and very wet) day yesterday - hope today is better :-)

Sally - thanks! How you can get up at 4:30 is beyond me - I can not wake up before 8 am!

Dyson - glad to hear that the storm's passed without incident :-)

Okeechobee, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, Simply great pictures, pastel clouds, Christmas Cactus, leaves and bright skies.
Here 40.7 F / 4.8 C
Clear
Humidity: 56%
Dew Point: 26 F / -3 C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h from the WSW
Wind Gust: 13.0 mph / 20.9 km/h
Pressure: 29.95 in / 1014.1 hPa
Windchill: 38 F / 3 C
At least it's not cold and wet.
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

44.8(F), 55%, Dark again,-

While it was still light, and warmer (high 50's), I got the used headlight assembly installed in the car and got all of the lights working except the side marker (I'll get that tomorrow).
I had to bend a lot of metal out of the way to get the old assembly out and even more to get the new (used) one in, but at least I can drive it during non daylight hours w/out worry about an improper equipment ticket.

Now if I can only find a good used hood, fender and bumper, it won't look so bad.

Got to work, tomorrow. Have a good evening all.

Hi all!
Sidney it's gonna get cooooooold tonight!
Tonight...Mostly clear. Patchy inland frost and fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 40s near the coast...Upper 30s inland. Northwest winds 5 mph.
Dyson - glad you got the car in working order! MY DH tried to change the right turn signal on my car. It didn't work! Kept getting the "1 Malfunction" message every time I started the car up! Today I finally took it to a friend's husband (owns a auto repair shop) to get it fixed!! DH can usually repair anything (handyman 2nd job), but the blinker beat him up!!
Sally - you got me beat! I'm up at 5:00 to get in my workout before work. Otherwise I wouldn't have a chance!
My daisies are blooming!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

How you guys can wake up so early is beyond me - 5 am?? At what time do you go to bed?? While I went to high school in FL I had to get up at 6:20 for school and I don't know how I managed that for three years.

Dyson - glad you could fix up your car :-)

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Evening Every Body!!! It's 44* & dark ;-)
Thanx Rannveig, Had a much better day today, but still got soaked...
We did somemore fillets....120lbs. worth. And then we went to the building where the babies are kept to clean out the mud! It was still flooding in there but the mud was (is) subsiding. I didn't get to feed them, I don't guess you're supposed to when the water is cloudy.
Speaking of clouds....I got some good shots at lunch today...It was snowing in Bluefield this morning, but it spit some rain at the hatchery, & then the sun tried to pop out for a sec or 2.
Marylyn, hope you have gotten a grip on the cold thingy.
Sharon, stay Warm!
Sally, I figure there are about 4 different kinds of leaves layin' on the moss. Maple (mostly), Sicamore(sp), Oak, & Wild Cherry.

Here's one of the sky shots...at the hatchery. Kind o' ominous lookin'.

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Rann - LOL! I take after my dad, we're early birds. I'm generally in bed around 10.
Joey - that sky does look ominous! 120 lbs???? That's a lot of fish!!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Very Dark - 37.0(F), 64%

(Zone 5a)

Good morning all!

It's going to be a beautiful day today I think - it's CALM finally and clear skies and FREEZING , it's 11F!!!!!!! That's about as cold as it gets here ...... didn't get that cold once last winter or the one before that either I think. Must be some kind of record for November - we usually don't get such a bad freeze until Jan. or Feb ...... oh my poor plants. I hope I don't loose too many - none of the borderline perennials are covered up yet - I usually don't cover them up until after Christmas ....... The good news is that it'll warm up tonight and there is SNOW in the forescast :-) That'll be good for the plants and make my girls very happy!

Sharon - I'm so far from being a morning person it's horrible - my best time of day is at night and then it's time to go to bed :-(

Joey - those are ominous clouds - very nice photo! 120 lbs of fish sounds like a lot of back-aching work to me! You've sure been busy these last couple of days.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning All! It's 38* & Dark :-0
I'm gonna go work at the hatchery somemore today. We'll probably do somemore de-boning.
Sharon, I'm a fairly "early riser", as well. I can't seem to stay in bed past 7:00. :-D But I really have to set the alarm if I want to get up at 5:30. I have been known to forget to set it .... which has me running late, but I manage to get to school on time & don't know how. Your daisies are so pretty. Mine are all wild, so I don't plant any.
Dyson, Glad to hear that your car is in proper running condition! Watch out for those deer! this morning!
Rannveig, I'm trying to finish my practicum before Thanksgiving. As of today I will have 56 hours in (& I only started last week!). I have to have 80 hours total & hope to be finished up by Tuesday!
Here's a pic taken at the experimental raceway in Boone co. They raise some Golden trout! And the hatchery got 5,000 Brown & 5, 000 Brook trout yesterday!
Have a great day!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

Good morning Joey ! Those are some nice looking babies - they're yellow! Hope you have a great day :-)

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanx Rannveig, The Golden Trout is supposed to be the best "eating" ones. They're the only one's (other than Steelhead) that I haven't tried. Here's apic of some of the Rainbow that Boone Co. has....(not a good pic)

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

Those are the normal color - never heard of Golden Trout .... interesting color.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

I only know of the 5 different kinds. The Brown & Brook are both a brown color & much smaller in size. Good sport fishin', tho. I can't wait 'til Those babies hatch, the eggs are even a different color!

Another sky pic...

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Okeechobee, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, last night I dodged the first lay-off. Job is nearly complete, so it will come anytime. It was 38º when I drove home this morning at 5:30. A good night at work. I'm looking down the road for 3 week job before Christmas.
Today is the BIG GAME Ohio State (#1) vs Michigan State (#2). A 103 year rival and very big with those national ratings.
XDH was born in Ann Arbor, Mich. while his father was a student at MS. Guess I'll root for them. Must get some shut-eye.
Sidney

Good Morning! Had to run the heater for the first time last night. A tad too chilly at the lowest of 39. I think we've all agreed that this has been an unusually chilly fall! The weather center has called for our 1st freeze to be on Monday night 32 with wind chills in the 20's. That's waaaaay early for us, doesn't happen until January. I'll have to get my ratty old sheets ready to cover plants just in case! We'll see, the weather can change completely in 2 days. It would be nice to have a cool Thankgiving instad of one in the 80's.
Joey - I have to set the alarm for 5:00. Like you the longest I can sleep in is around 7'ish otherwise my back starts aching! Cool pix! The golden trout are so pretty.
Pretty and bright outside! Our high today is 64 and breezy. Great day to play in the dirt!
Partly Cloudy
Temp: 54F
Humidity: 72%
Wind Speed: VRB 3 MPH
Barometer: 30.03 in.
Dewpoint: 45F
Heat Index: 54F
Wind Chill: 54F
Sunrise: 6:54 AM EST
Sunset: 5:27 PM EST
Cardinal pic taken yesterday.

Sidney - so glad your job is safe. Stay warm and get some shut-eye!

This message was edited Nov 18, 2006 8:53 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Joey - love the photo - W-Virginia has some pretty nice scenery :-)

Sharon - sleeping in is getting up at 10 or 11, not 7! lol Love the cardinal - wish I could have taken some home with me when we moved. I really, really miss them.

Sidney - glad to hear your job's safe for now :-)

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Good morning all! Been out of town for a couple of days, so I've been trying to catch up!
I'm with the early risers these days. Can't sleep past 7 usually, which is weird because I use to be a very late sleeper on weekends. It's and age thing I think. Great photo's everyone.
Sharona: We also had a frosty night. Low was 35 and a light frost. Here too, sooner than normal. I covered up the tender plants and strung lights on my little palm tree. I refused to turn on the heat in the house because I didn't want my plants to dry out! Crazy.
Anyway, here's a photo I took Thursday a.m. after all that stormy-ness had blown through over night. We got 3" of rain. I call this one "Summer's over". Guess it's time to dismantle the hammock. :(

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Currently:
50F
Clear
Wind: N at 10 mph
Humidity: 66%
Low tonight expected to be 35 again.

This morning's sky:

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

just one more: IMHO, the best season for Bradford Pear Trees.

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

5am is only good if I'm STILL up. I had to get up that early for work for a while and I hated it. :-P I'm a night owl, too. If I could go to bed at 3am and get up at 10 or 11 everyday, I would be very very happy. Unfortunately, the rest of the world doesn't work on that schedule. :-)

GO BUCKEYES!!!!! The game starts at 2:30 CST... My husband had to work this morning, but should get off at 2:00 so he will distract the bunnies while the game is on. I don't know if he is doing it to help me or to protect them... LOLOL I get just a bit loud during these things. :-D

It's going to get down to 40 here for the next few nights, but no lower, so I don't need to pull out my freeze cloths yet. I hope your plants make it through ok, Rann and Sharon!! It should get up to about 72 this afternoon.

Current conditions:
A Few Clouds with Haze 61F (16C)
Humidity: 81 % (back to normal)
Wind Speed: NE 3 MPH
Barometer: 30.19" (1022.7 mb)
Dewpoint: 55F (13C)
Visibility: 4.00 mi.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2006 9:59 AM

Ooo, golden trout, the state fish of California. I've never seen any in real life. Of what I have seen, wild brook trout are the prettiest.

5AM is time to roll over and go back to sleep for a couple more hours. I am not a morning person. I am not that much of a night person, either. I rarely stay up past 10:30. I need my beauty sleep. ;-)

They're calling for a high of 88 today and 90 tomorrow - just a bit unnecessary, IMO. Remember that this isn't typical. Average is around 70F.

(Zone 5a)

Oh - Debi that hammock looks so comfy! I need to get me one of those .... ;0)
That pear foliage is awesome - what a shocking red color that is!

Marylyn - I'm with you - going to be at 1 am and waking up between 9 and 10 would be so sweet ....... I always feel I'm in the wrong timezone ..... If my girls wake up between 6 and 7 I tell them to go back to bed and keep sleeping 'cause it's still NIGHT and no time to get up yet ;-)

Kelli - 70 sounds good - 90's a bit over the top maybe for November. The temps here are up to 18F now - which is still too cold!

My older one didn't let that stop her from going out - there was hardly any wind so if properly dressed I guess it was a pretty nice day. I didn't - blame it on Florida - but I don't like the cold :-)

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Rann: Yep, the hammock gets alot of use in the summer since it's in a nice shady spot. I frequently collapse there with a lemonade after hours of digging, weeding, planting, etc. (Glad i wasn't there when those pine limbs came down!)

When to whole pear tree goes red I'll post a photo; right now it's only about 1/3 of the way there.
Meanwhile, the Nandina's are pretty much red all over!

Thumbnail by DebinSC
(Zone 5a)

Debi - those are pretty too! I'd have to place the hammock in the sun or have a quilt to keep me warm :-) The one we have now is pretty shaded (from the trees ) so I don't usually manage to stay there long - it's better to keep moving in the shade - it's usually pretty chilly ;-)

Someone has lost their pet zebra finch. We've seen it in the yard many times over the past month or three weeks.

Updated: 1:33 PM PST on November 18, 2006
Observed at: Cass & Reforma, Woodland Hills, California
Elevation: 975 ft / 297 m
86.3 F / 30.2 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 21%
Dew Point: 42 F / 5 C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 3.0 mph / 4.8 km/h

Thumbnail by Kelli
Arrington, VA

hi all from va
we have had a great day here even though its the first day of hunting season. its been clear. no wind and a great day to make food for my church thanksgiving lunch on sunday. imad e an apple crumb pie and waldorf salad, with dried crannberries instead of rasins.
really good tasting macintosh apples. our county [nelson] has many nice apples oh also numerous winerys. we are very rural with only 14,000 people living here.
the weather today:
high 50*
low so far 34*[last night]
50* at 5:02pm
winds w 3 mph
46% hum.
sunny

everyone have a safe and blessed day

littlepath

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply