Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

WALKING & TREKKING IN THE CANARY ISLANDS

Lanzarote, Spain

Hi All

Iīm new to the Forum - so I hope the subject mater of this post isnīt deemed too commercial.

A few years ago I emigrated from the UK to the Canary Island of Lanzarote - a place of striking beauty due to itīs unique volcanic scenery and semi tropical latitude, which makes it a haven for plant lovers (especially the sun starved northern European variety).

Iīve recently started conducting guided walks around the island - through areas such as the aptly named Valley of 1,000 Palms.

If anyone would like more information about this please feel welcome to contact me via the forum or by email : nick@lanzaroteguidebook.com.

You can also find out more here :
http://www.lanzaroteguidebook.com/article/walking-lanzarote-valley-of-1000-palms

Thumbnail by lanzanick
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

We snow bound people are suffering up here in montana and like to see some of the many beautiful sites. Why don't you start with the beautiful bikini clad beach scene. LOL

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Sofer, you aren't the only ones suffering!! We had several inches of ice in some places and on top of that up to 19 inches of snow. It got to the 40s today but it is freezing again tonight and tomorrow will only be in the 20s. I am missing the grass now. Especially since this was powder and not suitable for sledding or snowball fights.

Lan, beach scenes, yes, but no bikinis. Want Sofer here to suffer some more. LOL

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

How far are you from White Plains MO. I have a friend down there. Though he is not a hillbilly. Believe it or not.
Here is a picture of him. Well maybe not.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

hi sofer and pepper! i am sending you some warm sunshine from my neck of the woods (or desert is more like it, i guess). :)

This message was edited Dec 6, 2006 8:20 PM

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Not too much warm sunshine. Just Pictures. I want to ski powder asap. But thanks anyway Kazooie!

Hi Sofer! I looked up White Plains we don't have a White Plains here as far as I can tell. Do you mean West Plains?

Hi Kazooie!! Bring the warm sunshine here! It is 10* outside right now. BRRR!!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Yes West Plains. Sorry. It is down on the arkansas border somewhere.

They would be about 3-4 hours away from here. I live outside of Kansas City. I've heard of it several times but ahve never made it down there. There are alot of towns I haven't explored here in MO. When I get a chance I'm going to take a few days and go driving and check out the little out of the way places.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

its been a bit cool here to just in the mid 70s

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.