Photo by Melody

PlantFiles Pictures: Creeping Bellflower, Rampion Bellflower, June Bell (Campanula rapunculoides)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 3, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
(Zone 9b)

November 18, 2006
3:32 AM

Post #2923980

Creeping Bellflower, Rampion Bellflower, June Bell
Campanula rapunculoides

My Campanula rapunculoides grows in a pot on a morning sun facing balcony.

Thumbnail by Ursula
Click the image for an enlarged view.

May 12, 2015
4:21 AM

Post #10071768

This is the invasive garden thug, creeping bellflower (Campanula rapunculoides), which in cultivation is often labeled one of various species of Adenophora. A. tashiroi is a rock garden plant only 4-12" tall.
(Zone 9b)

May 17, 2015
5:19 PM

Post #10075493

The seeds from which I grew this plant were given to me with this name (DG seed exchange). If my information is erroneous, please ask the administration to remove my picture (I am no longer a DG member).

Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 17, 2015
6:15 PM

Post #10075522

I agree that the plant pictured is Campanula rapunculoides.

The photos shown by Mike_G and Ursula are misidentified and should be removed from the Adenophora tashiroi entry.

Here are herbarium sheets for Adenophora tashiroi - click on the sheets to enlarge. Note that these confirm that the plants shown are not Adenophora tashiroi

The photos posted in the Adenophora tashiroi entry by Coriaceous and plantrob are correct.

This message was edited May 21, 2015 5:19 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 8 Nov 17, 2014 3:08 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America