Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Brugmansias: Good notes and Sad notes.

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 4, Views: 121
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
RA
Burlington, ON

July 28, 2001
2:05 PM

Post #9474

Last night I sat and inhaled the magnificent fragrance of 11 open flowers on my pink Brugmansia suavolens.
I have never seen a seed pod but I have been playing bumblebee to some of flowers that were out earlier on this plant and I *think* I have 2 pods developing!!

The sad part of this post is to tell you that I got 'trashed' by that email virus that is flying around and lost all my email and bookmark folders.
To any of you who were in my address book, I hope I was able to warn you in time, and if not, it was not a malicious act on my part.
I lost any mail I had recieved prior to July 27th so I am unable to respond to these.
We now have 'Mega' protection so I trust this never happens again.
brugcrazy
Vancouver Island, BC
(Zone 8b)

July 28, 2001
3:58 PM

Post #101909

That virus was getting a lot of people. Not your fault. Will email you my address soon.
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 28, 2001
11:07 PM

Post #102050

Ra, congrats on the seedpods. Looks like everyone here is getting the hybridizing bug. What did you cross yours with Ra? I have a few seedpods forming on my hybrids and a few on my named hybrids as well. Wishing I had more aurea's to set seed to as always though. I may be sending out some more Culebra's and Double oranges here shortly. Boy do I ramble on too much...

This message was edited Saturday, Jul 28th 7:08 PM
RA
Burlington, ON

July 28, 2001
11:24 PM

Post #102056

hmmmmmm maybe they aren't seed pods Brugmansia.
All I did was take a Q-tip and go into each anthers and stamen and stroke them but all were on the same plant.
Whatever they are, they are in the very early stages and the stamen is still on the stems.
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 28, 2001
11:33 PM

Post #102063

Ra-With a bit of luck and perhaps a smidgen of Ga-3 on the stigma you might get lucky doing it that way as I have heard of others with only one Brugmansia getting seedpods to form. Jamaican suaveolens and Cypress Gardens versicolor have both been known to self seed on occassion from the stories I have heard. Of course the Jamaican suaveolens occassionally throws out shredded flowers as well...Good luck at any rate and I hope...well ahh, just remembered another nursery in NC had one set a seedpod spontaneously as well...rambling as always,
Brugmansia

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America