Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Michigan Gardening: Let's go gardening!

Communities > Forums > Michigan Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Michigan GardeningReplies: 6, Views: 540
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2006
2:44 PM

Post #2981465

I'm making the rounds through the regional forums to let folks know about our new garden finder feature here: http://davesgarden.com/go/

Please add your feedback for the businesses you've patronized and the public gardens and parks you have visited. It helps other gardeners and the business or organization.

For smaller businesses and organizations, this type of "word of mouth" is their only form of advertising. And for businesses of any size, unsolicited testimonials are priceless - they can't buy that type of good will.

Here are the Michigan listings so far: http://davesgarden.com/go/advanced.php?state=mi

You can narrow this down to a particular category (garden center/nursery, or public gardens, etc.) You can also plug in your ZIP and specify a radius (especially helpful if you live near the state line and want to see everything in your immediate area.)

If your favorite nursery or park/garden isn't listed yet, let us know and we'll add it, or start the entry and add what you know (we'll fill in the blanks.)
pepsidrinker
La Salle, MI
(Zone 5b)

December 8, 2006
3:00 PM

Post #2981522

Thanks Terry, This is great :o)

Connie
Fancee1945
Scotts, MI
(Zone 5b)

December 28, 2006
7:09 PM

Post #3031238

Thanks Terry from Murfreesboro, was almost your neighbor a couple of years ago. Planned to move there and transfer to the State Farm Insurance office, but retired instead.

Fancee

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

December 28, 2006
10:55 PM

Post #3031833

Well, howdy almost-neighbor! I think I would have moved then retired - our winters are much nicer (and shorter) than Michigan's ;o)
Bizzie11
Sand Lake, MI

March 17, 2008
3:02 AM

Post #4672998

Thanks so much for this. We shop a lot of small but great nurseries. I will be glad to sing their praises. They deserve this.

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

March 17, 2008
4:16 PM

Post #4674613

Here's an added incentive to add your two cents' worth on your favorite nurseries, parks, farmers markets, etc: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/822644/

VeraLenora
Scottville, MI

September 30, 2011
1:15 PM

Post #8830692

Does anyone know where I can get Rhizobia?
That's the nitrogen fixing bacteria needed by Partridge Pea (Chamaechrista fasciculata), a native Michigan wildflower. I harvested some seeds by the roadside need Shelby, Michigan. Usually of course the seeds drop by 'mama' and pick up the bacteria in the soil. I haven't been able to find the site since then (!) or I'd dig up a shovelful or two of soil. The seeds need to be inoculated to grow after germination.
One thing about gardening, we keep learning: The MSU agriculture site has an article on pelletizing alfalfa seed with a mix of Rhizobia, lime, and possibly a pesticide. This practice has been traced back to the ancient Egyptians! Lots of references to other research, no reference to sites to buy from. I stopped at my local agricultural co-op, and they no longer carry the innoculate as almost all alfalfa seeds now come pelletized already.
I enter Rhizobia in the Search: box here on Dave's, but nothing happens. All help appreciated.

http://www.wildflower.org/gallery/species.php?id_plant=CHFA2

That's the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, at the Partridge Pea page.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Michigan Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
BUTTERFLY house notmartha 39 Mar 7, 2009 11:05 PM
MSU-BBALL notmartha 19 Sep 24, 2009 4:45 PM
Purple Moon Flower Question hairgirl5 9 Apr 11, 2011 5:42 PM
Ideas for Spring NjMcMullen 41 Sep 24, 2008 10:48 PM
the building or the GH notmartha 29 Sep 24, 2009 12:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America